It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Liberty - Viable Plan for a New Micro Nation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I know what you're thinking; this is impossible. However you might change your mind after watching this video. This just might be the best plan I have seen and definitely plausible. I debated which forum to put it into and this one seemed best suited as this is the best way to survive societal break down and tyranny etc. IMO.

The basic concept seems to approach some smaller countries who can't pay their debt and offer to pay their debt if they agree to set up the free country the video outlines with our help. Pretty innovative if you ask me.

The video is a bit long but well worth the watch. I don't agree with every single point however the general concept is sound, there are many points we can all agree with, it definitely hit most of my buttons on survival and took it several steps further. They seem open to input too.

While most of us are preparing for hard times in our little enclaves this plan is preparing for a new free country we can all go to, not only to survive but to live in the actual freedom we all crave and to prosper. Watch it all the way to the end before passing judgement.

I know there is a tendency to look at the negative and point out why you think it won't work or its flaws and I am not saying don't do that at all however please can we try and focus more on the positive? This is what I would call some positive outside the box thinking. I think most will agree. If nothing else the concept itself needs to permeate the collective mindset.

If you prefer to watch the videos on you tube: www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
here is another article that mentions it and some other similar movements. Maybe this is catching on?

More recently, those in search of their own sovereign state have looked to other ways to start their own sovereign nations such as building floating artificial islands or giant cruise ships. The idea of seasteading, or the creation of permanent dwellings at sea, has gained popularity recently thanks to the creation of the Seasteading Institute in 2008 and a $500,000 investment in it by PayPal founder Peter Thiel. Another avenue that is being explored is the idea of moving a large group of like-minded people to an existing nation with a small population and replacing the existing government with a new one by prior super majority vote of its residents. An example of such an effort is the New Liberty Trust, formed in 2010 Read more: www.articlesbase.com... Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow no one interested in this? Seems pretty amazing after all the folks here who lament there is no place to go or no new frontier...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Those who think a city in the sea would be a good idea have not spent that much time at sea.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kayzar
Those who think a city in the sea would be a good idea have not spent that much time at sea.

You didn't watch the video did you?
This is not about a city on the sea it's about a new country and how to do it and an idea and plan I have never heard anyone put forth before. I think it is pretty unique and plausible. Check it out.)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have to say the idea of micronations has been around for a while. The biggest problem ou would be getting recogintion of soverienty from other countries and nations. Being that just about all of the land available in the world is claimed by one or another makes this very hard to do. Eventually it comes down to what it has always come down to since the dawn of civilization. You have to pay off someone bigger than you for protection in trade agreements, treaties, or just down right tribute to be allowed to exist. This is an expensive option as well as one that essentially forces you into a type of servitude and dilutes the freedom you are seeking.
That being said this is not a distinctly impossible senario. Several ways to go about doing it too. For example for a mere $20,000,000 you can buy an island off the coast of Belize:
Northern Two Cayes Belieze
213 acres complete with basic infrastructure, airstrip, etc.
Now all you need is some basic economy, food production, industry, medical services...
did I mention 213 acres...oooh looks like we got to limit how many people we can support. I estimate 40-75 people(population control?).
Oh and technically we are now citizens of Belize...OK another $100,000,000 and a few dozen other "agreements to buy independence(theoretically speaking)
I can go on and on about drug cartels muscling in for acess to the airstrip. having to limit activities for sustainment, etc, etc.
I hope you can see where I am going with this. First the business of nation building is astronomically expensive even on the micro scale. Second, The smaller the scale the more restrictive you have to be with so called "freedom" Essentially you are only creating a miniature version of what we live in now. However if done right a small, enterprising group of well funded people could possibly strike out and develop a relitavley free new(if rather small) society. So let's start fundraising, getting into contact with the Belize government and get this party started!

edit on 11-1-2011 by Mark0526 because: Link issue

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You guys really need to watch the video this Idea is unique They are not talking about creating a nation within a nation and breaking away or buying an Island. They are talking offering to pay off the international debt of a smaller nation already in existence in exchange for that nation reorganizing itself with thier help into a true free country.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am comfortable living on my savings and social welfare. why would i bother? There are several places that will go down long before the crisis spreads to my country. The places in trouble already have no means of even dreaming about creating a new nation.

Someone like bill gates has the funds to buy and start such a nation, but he would surely demand to be its dictator. So much for freedom, eh?

It is a nice thought, but it will never happen, as long as you keep the population at large just above the level of starvation and use brute force to quell every riot started by those who are starving. People who get by just cannot care since their life is a cycle of debt paid by 8-10 hours of work per day, and the rest goes to doing chores and sleeping.

new topics

top topics

join