It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Skies This June On TNT. (What's up with all the invasion movies lately?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
There is a new program coming to TNT (Turner Network) this June. The name of the series is "Falling Skies"
This is the latest show and or movie in a long line of such dealing with an "Alien invasion" and or how we must fight to overcome "them".

Every year for about the last 10 or so this theme has been portrayed more and more in the cinema and on TV.
does anyone else but me feel like The government or whoever is trying to get us accustomed to the idea of invasion alien or otherwise?

If not "invasion" in the classic terms at least occupation and a shift in the power structure as we know it?
At the risk of sounding crazier than the next guy, I have been keeping track of "hints" "signs" and other things for a while. I just have a feeling something is going down and soon.

By soon I mean from a few months to no more than 2 years from now. I don't know if we will be invaded or they might come in peace (yeah right) or if the government is just going to spill the beans on what knowledge they have. Heck the government may even tell us that we have been occupied for decades!

Whatever is coming I feel it is coming quick. Okay! Ridicule me or flame me maybe even agree and discuss it! Whatever you want is fine I am open to hear your thoughts, just don't be too mean I may cry
LOL

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
OH! You're the one that didn't get the word!

Sorry! We tried to find you . . .

Yep, they're on the way, and this invasion programming is just to reduce the shock when it occurs for real sometime this next year.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Woohoo I can't wait! Another alien themed show?! Sweet! This is gonna be my favorite year for tv and movies it seems.

Aliens are the "in" thing now it seems, vampires are out!

I dont know what to think about the whole alien invasion surge of movies and tv shows, could just be the latest trend...or it could be something. Guess we will have to wait and see....So far I have been on ATS for just about 2 yrs and BOTH years were suppose to be the "it" disclosure year and well nothing happened so I don't think anything of this year being any different really.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
2012 getting closer everyone trying to cash in as much as they can before we all sit around a table on the 25th 2012 and laugh about how silly we were !

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
OH! You're the one that didn't get the word!

Sorry! We tried to find you . . .

Yep, they're on the way, and this invasion programming is just to reduce the shock when it occurs for real sometime this next year.

LOL!! Seriously are you mocking me or do you think we are being "desensitized" ? I would like your opinion and thoughts. Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
No. The media just rides the waves of demand. Have you also noticed the amount of superhero shows out or coming out? Nothing but a fad.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OK.

We're running out of the terrorism shock thing, and the powers that be have this thing planned out. The next fear to be touted is the alien invasion thing.

Not that there's a REAL alien invasion - just that aliens are our NEXT best enemy.

Now if right now, Obama said we were facing alien enemies - folks, including me, are going to laugh until we squirt our beets.

But if you familiarize EVERYONE with the CONCEPT of alien invasions - then such a dumbass announcement at some point in the future will get a bit of purchase among the dumbasses.

After all, they saw it on TV.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Maybe someone is afraid that we´re actually gonna like aliens if they come - more than our leaders

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I've seen stuff in a stopped-up public toilet that I like better than our political leaders.

But, you may have a point.

But.

How do we trust them?

Look what a rooting our politicians are giving us.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kcs7272

I know what you mean.
How many show have there been recently about Vampires. Heaps, and Movies. It seems like the government is trying to prepare us to fight Vampires.

And what about all those Harry Potter Movies about Wizards and Witches, in fact now that I think of it there have been many shows about magicians and wizards.
I think we are being prepared for a war against Wizards.

How about all those Zombie movies and shows lately..............

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So you haven't watched any SciFi movies from the 50's, hmmm? Omg, there are so many alien invasion movies starting from when "Flying Saucer" was first uttered! Indoctrination has been implemented, this is just so the next generation is "vaccinated".

What I find interesting is the disconnect of the populace between watching it on a big screen, and then completely disregarding the reality of the UFO phenom. People are so easily manipulated. Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kcs7272

I've noticed that too...the other day I was standing in line at a gas station and they had that 'V' show playing and i was thinking the same thing.I even said to the cashier, "this show is crazy" and he's like "yeah it's ****** weird!"

..i've also noticed a lot of end times/apocolypse shows on history channel and such....it could be that those shows are getting bigger ratings...you know like the industry is catering to the customers wants or w/e...

I just thought of something really scary...what If the government told us that they were all aliens...that'd explain a lot. I think Hillary looks like one anyways

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes I have noticed all the zombie and wizard and apocalypse movies and shows. I am not saying we will necessarily be invaded by aliens I just feel they are desensitizing us to a major change coming. Could be aliens or it could just be that our wonderful government is going to declare martial law or worse.

That would be a take over to us right? I know in the past during wars and economic struggle movies and media drifted towards these genres to take the publics mind off of the real matter that was causing distress. Think of this also, at this point in time we as a people are in the worst financial state since the Great Depression.

People are angry,tired and disillusioned. Not to mention that a large portion of society is 'brainwashed" or to lazy to put up a fight. This would be the perfect time for a "take over" either by aliens or the government.

I am not gullible or lacking in intelligence as one poster implied and I understand the media trends. I just feel we are heading towards something (not so good) with or without the media connection. I was merely asking if anyone felt the two MAY be connected..

As for our government knowing about or even being in alliance with E.T.'s I would have to say i believe that could be a possibility more than I don't believe it. Now wether or not these aliens our government could be in bed with are benevolent or just deceiving our mindless leaders is the $100,000.00 question

top topics

join