It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief: '1 Shooting Is Too Many'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Police Chief: '1 Shooting Is Too Many'

www.kptv.com

POSTED: 5:26 pm PST January 3, 2011
UPDATED: 8:41 pm PST January 3, 2011

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Police Chief Mike Reese calls this weekend's deadly shootings "disheartening" and a disappointing way to start the new year.

He and Portland Mayor Sam Adams held a last-minute news conference Monday to address recent officer-involved shootings.

"It is incredibly disheartening because our overall crime rate is down but these few incidents have been very violent," Reese says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well, this sucks, just heard this today and it wasn't the easiest to find. Portland is protesting AGAIN, and for good reason. I just trying to get the details but I'll C&P what I find .. 'interesting' please update anything you have..

"Portland Police Sgt. Mike Fort responded to the scene and fired his gun at the suspect, officers say. No one was hit."

So he aimed(?) and fired or just fired in the crowd outside(?) and no one was hit.. by the police ......?? hmmm.. so he fired his gun at someone 'thinking' they were suspect ?? YOU HAVE got to be kidding ????? ~!!!!!!!

www.kptv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
and people wonder why they wanna make it illegal to record police...tsk-tsk dont people realize that either the police are allowed to do what they want unless they get caught, or "we" have truly lost control. i always thought they were supposed to be the best of the best. i guess the best of the best is still a murderer by human standards...lotsa good ones too, they just seem to cover for the bad ones

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
having served on the Multnomah county Grand Jury for 2 weeks and hearing testimony from a Portland police officer,

"we will ONLY elevate to the next higher protection as the situation calls for .. i.e. If there is no weapon involved, we will use a baton, if a knife is used, we will use a gun, etc"

I dunno, trying to find a reason why the officer just wiped out his 9mm and pointing at a 'SUSPECT' and firing without any investigation... FLOORS ME~!

The article just damns the PPD even more ~!! thx God he didn't have a AR-15 on full auto ~!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This story has been blowing up here in Portland for the past few days... Here's some links to the articles on portland.indymedia.org

Portland Cops Kill Again: portland.indymedia.org...
Portland Cops Kill Again: portland.indymedia.org...
Monopoly on Violence: portland.indymedia.org...
Sound of the Police: portland.indymedia.org...
Portland Police and City on the Defensive: portland.indymedia.org...
Protesters March to Police Station in NE Portland: portland.indymedia.org...
Protest over Portland Police shootings: portland.indymedia.org...

The last article posted has lots of pictures...

FIGHT THE POWER!

top topics

join