It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this isn't damning evidence of Pharmaceutical corruption, I don't know what is

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Arimidex, a drug used in breast cancer. I can't consider a drug with side effects like this, as "help." This is barbaric. I know there are other options to look at. I think something that helps should improve quality of life.

www.askapatient.com...

Troy
edit on 23-5-2011 by cybertroy because: added a sentence

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by cybertroy

What would your non-drug based therapy be for people with schizophrenia? Schizoaffective disorder? Borderline personality disorder? Violent paraphilia? Psychogenic parasitism?

Just because YOU don't have a psychiatric illness that necessitates treatment, don't pretend to know how to manage all other disorders. It makes you look like an arrogant, ignorant fool. I've seen a schizophrenic who literally pulled her eye out of it's socket to get to the "transmitter" someone had hidden in her skull. Do you think this person needs medication, or to "get up and get over it", like you described?

Just because there is no known cure or therapy for schizophrenics, borderline and many more doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means people haven't tried hard enough. At the earlier days of formulating classifications of mental disease, therapy based on the idea schizophrenics could gain insight in their own thinking and cure themselves have proven unsuccesful so I guess that is why it is largely discontinued in favor of medication. Now there are cognitive therapies but it's been 124 years since the term schizophrenia came into existence and no one has ever found a therapy which guarantees a cure. If humanity chooses the way of drugs it's doubtful a therapy will ever be invented since there would be little funding for anyone wanting to try.

Healthcare is moving towards a view of the human being as something completely physical, with little regard to the human spirit or psyche solving their own problems, just chemicals and synapses working together that can be manipulated and because of that the human psyche changes instead of trying to teach that psyche to understand itself and because of changing ideas the chemicals and synapses change.

Responding to the OP, some people need medication because they can't take care of their own and there's no one to take care of them (else they wouldn't need drugs). I'm sure like any billion dollars industry it has it's share of corruption but that is only human, not something unique to the pharmaceutical industry.

The drugs in tap water is an issue that concerns me too but I'm thinking if they weren't absorbed by the body in the first place they'll likely not be absorbed at all. Still I almost considered changing to bottled water altogether (if it wasn't so expensive) just because I've read official reports of hormones and other pharmaceuticals (mostly contraceptives) found in tapwater.
edit on 23/5/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The problem psychiatrists are encountering, is that they don't have a clue what they are doing. Their education is built on nonsense, and while the symptoms they call mental disorders are originated in the cells of our body connected to our conscious through our subconsicous, they believe the problem is to be found in the brain.

It's like if you drive a car and the oil lamp starts to blink, you don't turn off the lamp and think you've fixed the problem, do you? Doing that is similar to what psych drugs does to you. It simply cuts the communication beween your subconscious and your consciousness, adding more stress to your body's defence mechanisms.

When they talk about chemical disorders in the brain, it's like saying that your oil lamp is blinking whenever there is something wrong with the electrical wire behind it. The brain is simply a communication device between you and your body, the biological defence mechanisms is not stored in the "wires" inside your brain, the fact is that your body sends signals using chemical shifts and pulses through your nerves to communicate with your conscious.

Our genetic mind and how it works is a huge subject that I can't go into detail about right now, but the fact remains that their education is based on bull#, and no one wants you to know.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Good post alice. I don't think they know what they are doing either, otherwise people would be cured. Thanks.

And, I'll state it again, for anyone reading. I would never deny anyone a drug that is needed. Drugs do come in handy in certain situations. The real point is that the corruption is quite bad in Big Pharma, too many needless medications are handed out. People are dumping their money and their health into the system, when there are much better ways to handle their problems.

And, there is another point that really doesn't get talked about enough. These drugs and residues end up in our environment, back in our water etc through various means. The person on Prozac has to go to the bathroom; that water comes back around, through the water system, and other people have to unwillingly deal with the residues. Pills get thrown in the trash or flushed, back into the system it comes. The very best way to live life is with minimal drug intervention. Live on good, clean, wholesome foods, grown naturally, no pesticides. Use non-toxic products, clean energy, etc. The reality is, that we are living in a sea of trash. In a lot of ways, we need to make our way back to nature. I know it may never be "perfection," but it's a good ideal to strive for, and implement.

Troy

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Oh, it gets much worse. The fact is, lowering one's bad cholesterol is completely unnecessary in the first place! Don't believe me? Check these out:

In an 8-year long heart study, researchers observed 10,000 people with high cholesterol levels. Half of them received a best-selling statin drug. The other half were simply told to eat a normal diet and get enough exercise. The results stunned the researchers. Although the statin drug did indeed lower serum cholesterol, this had no impact whatsoever on death rate, non-fatal heart attacks and fatal arterial disease. In other words, the statin-users had zero advantage over those who received no treatment at all. However, they had just spent eight years taking a costly drug with hideous side effects - risking liver failure, muscle wasting, even sudden death. Lowering cholesterol either through drugs or low fat diets does not lower the risk of developing heart disease. www.naturalnews.com...

from HERE

and this from Dr. Mercola

Not only is cholesterol most likely not going to destroy your health (as you have been led to believe), but it is also not the cause of heart disease.

Just google "cholesterol myth" or "high cholesterol myth" or even "lipid hypothesis" and you will find many, many sources to show you that high cholesterol is a non-problem.

So .. first they FABRICATE the health issue to begin with, and then use their fake health problem to SCARE you into taking their dangerous drugs. How nice.

And then, if you follow this mess to its ultimate logical conclusion, the health care industry is working towards being able to PUNISH us (financially) or deny us health insurance if we refuse to follow our doctors' recommendations. Getting scary much?

How long before they have us all on drugs that are at best expensive and unnecessary, and at worst making us sicker and/or making us docile, tractable, forgetful, or less emotional?

Of course, at the same time they (the pharmaceutical companies) are funding the FDA and are behind the campaigns to ban all of the alternatives, such as natural supplements, that we might use to keep ourselves healthy if we aren't following the program.

What do you call sheeple after they've been drugged into zombieness? We may soon need to know....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. Me and dad fight so much when the drug topic comes up. I think he may not be taking cholesterol medication. It would be a good thing. My folks haven't let me know too much about his medications. Because I have tried to show them the truth, and they don't like that I'm bugging them about it. Dad will just try and shut down the conversation, and insist the drugs are helping. Thankfully, I he is taking some important vitamins and minerals. He's not in perfect shape, but he's doing pretty good, all things considered. I would just like to ween him off of as much medicine as possible, because nature, many times, has a better solution to problems, without the silly side effects. Pharmaceutical drugs are largely one of the biggest scams going these days.

Mercola and Natural News are some of my favorite sites. Very good information on those sites.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join