It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this isn't damning evidence of Pharmaceutical corruption, I don't know what is

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I found this site a little while back.

The link I am showing is just for Lipitor. You can type in other drugs, and see patient experiences. There are pages of negative patient experiences for this drug. What kind of cesspool of toxins do we live in? How can a drug like Lipitor even still be on the market? Something tells me, someone is trying to make us ill. I know I don't take the medication, but this stuff has eventually got to make it into the water supply. It's pure insanity.

www.askapatient.com...

The odd question is, how can some people justify taking it, even though it is obviously hurting them? Wouldn't you think you would notice that bone and muscle pain is a bad sign? Some people smartened up, but some people apparently didn't.

We've got to move as many people as we can out of the condition of "dumbed down." Because that is the state many people are in, no offense, if they are taking something like this. That includes my dad, who is a die-hard believer in what his doctors tell him. And this is in spite of him knowing some of these drugs are bad, from personal experience. I have worked on getting him out of this condition for a while. He has this belief that these drugs are saving his life. I know a drug might save some lives in the short term, but for the most part drugs should not be part of a long term treatment. In time, I hope that he will wise up.

Troy
edit on 4-1-2011 by cybertroy because: added a sentence

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Lipitor: Thief of Memory

My personal introduction to the incredible world of transient global amnesia (TGA) occurred six weeks after Lipitor was started during my annual astronaut physical at Johnson Space Center.

My cholesterol had been trending upwards for several years. All was well until six weeks later, when my wife found me walking aimlessly about the yard after I returned from my usual walk in the woods. I did not recognize her, and only reluctantly accepted cookies & milk--but refused to go into my now unfamiliar home.

I "awoke" six hours later in the office of the examining Neurologist with a diagnosis of transient global amnesia, cause unknown. An MRI performed several days later was normal. Since Lipitor® was the only new medicine I was taking, the doctor in me suspected a possible side effect of this drug. Despite the arguments of the examining doctors that statin drugs just did not do this, I stopped my Lipitor.

www.spacedoc.net...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I read about something like that in my past research. That is crazy. Thank you.

Troy
edit on 4-1-2011 by cybertroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

But you need to remember that that site is a drug rating site, so more people would probably go to report bad experiences than good ones. I mean, if it was all good, you wouldn't try and research it on the internet or try reporting the drug. That is my opinion. Also, the number of people reporting on the drug compared to ones taking the drug would be very small.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Did anyone hear that blip on the news last week about a drug company discontinuing a cancer drug, because not enough people have the type cancer it targets?

Yep. It's the only known drug that can treat a certain type of cancer, and they stopped making it because not enough people have it, and they weren't making enough money off it.

Before you say these corporations "are businesses existing to make money".

I know that. I'm just saying it sucks anyway you spin it.

ETA: Okay, I can get on a soapbox about pharmaceutical corporations, and stay on it for days, which I won't do now. BUT. If you have an MD degree and are at the movies where someone begins to strangle, have a heart attack, or are otherwise dying, you are ethically bound to get off your duff and help them. BECAUSE YOU CAN. Because you know how.

Because the corporations now have the solution to help with a particular type cancer, they should be legally and ethically bound to do so. Because they can. Because they know how. They can charge whatever they want for it, but they should make it available to those it can save.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
edit on 1/5/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
These are documented side effects. They are terrible. You can find documentation in other places as well. They are unjustifiable. I am tired of seeing my friends and family being dumped on by Big Pharma.

I've seen enough with my own eyes, that I don't want anything to do with Big Pharma. What I do want is for the criminals to find themselves a nice cozy jail cell for what they have done.

Troy

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Did anyone hear that blip on the news last week about a drug company discontinuing a cancer drug, because not enough people have the type cancer it targets?

Yep. It's the only known drug that can treat a certain type of cancer, and they stopped making it because not enough people have it, and they weren't making enough money off it.

Before you say these corporations "are businesses existing to make money".

I know that. I'm just saying it sucks anyway you spin it.

It's all about the money and power.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Though I would love to blame this all on the companies, it is also the fault of those who take it. You know fast food will give you cholesterol problems? So What! there's a pill for that. People no longer look into what goes into their bodies, either the food, water, GMO, or anything else for that matter.

So when responsibility is no longer wanted, they turn to the companies to fix them up. If you give the companies money.. they will take it. That's business. Big Pharma is a supply and demand business, actually all business is. If we took our health as serious as the companies that are poisoning us did, we would have no use for big pharma.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
That's business? So, it's ok to run a blatant poison business? That's our problem in our country, we allow criminals to be in positions of authority. Criminals in positions of authority is why our country has an obscene debt. We didn't ask for all the lying drug commercials, yet they are there to constantly portray a false picture of health (by taking the drugs). And, they can be very convincing, if you aren't aware enough to see the lies.

I agree that it is our responsibility, but the fact that Big Pharma can plaster ads all over the place, telling of miracle health effects, yet, I can't do that with a legitimate vitamin, like D. It's criminal.

Troy
edit on 5-1-2011 by cybertroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
And this is the thing. People like my dad want answers to their problems, but they are so suckered into the lies that have filtered down through the health care system from Big Pharma, that they are getting poison instead of answers. That's part of the ugliness of it. They believe the lies, and think what they are getting is some sort of cure. It's sad. It hurts me to see it happening. It's not simple enough to say, "supply and demand," and "it's business." Good people are being hurt because of dishonest corporations. They will continue to run over us until we fight back. And, we are. We just need to continue to grow the awareness.

Troy

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Take this to control high choleserol, possible side effects include; joint pain, amnesia, low hdl, tourettes, flaming bowel movements, crossed eyes, excessive ear wax, grandeous illusions, hairy tongue, projectile vomiting and eyelid cramps. See a doctor if you experience lepracy like symptoms such as digit loss, this may be a sign of an allergic reaction. If you cannot afford your medication please contact Big Pharma at 1 666 TRU STUS, we may be able to help.

disclaimer: this drug is not recommended for persons seeking an actual solution to high cholesterol as it is merely a cancer producing chemical that is not safe for human consumption. Have a nice day.

disclaimer 2: This post is meant as satire and not to be misconstrued as actual medical opinion. The author reserves the right to poke fun at the expense of previously posted material and means no disrespect or offense.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
That's business? So, it's ok to run a blatant poison business? That's our problem in our country, we allow criminals to be in positions of authority. Criminals in positions of authority is why our country has an obscene debt. We didn't ask for all the lying drug commercials, yet they are there to constantly portray a false picture of health (by taking the drugs). And, they can be very convincing, if you aren't aware enough to see the lies.

I agree that it is our responsibility, but the fact that Big Pharma can plaster ads all over the place, telling of miracle health effects, yet, I can't do that with a legitimate vitamin, like D. It's criminal.

Troy

I do agree that this a problem in our country, but there are two sides to this. Big Pharma has commercial after commercial, ads all over the place, but there is something that people fail to see, or even hear. The dozens of side effects that are associated with taking the medicine. That is openly mentioned, any where you see an ad.

I remember when the drug Allie came out. It was the first drug that was FDA approved to actually make you lose weight. But here's the kicker, you can also crap your pants without any prior knowledge until it happens. When the drug was announced they did a survey of people that said they would buy it. People stated that they would deal with that, as long as they lost weight. Mind you the box says that you can lose up to 4 lbs a month.

If someone was defecating on themselves that much, they can lose 4 lbs a month just on that. People want the easy way out. There are tons of other ways that people dont want to look into, as taking a pill is easier than eating better, or exercising.

Also, the FDA approves all of those drugs. We are in 2011, if someone cannot do the simple research or ask the right questions then thats a problem that they would have to deal with. I am not a doctor, but I know that if you can walk a block a day, you can feel better. That if you switch from fast food, to home cooked food you can see a difference. For those that have heart conditions, and blood problems its a bit more difficult, but that also means that they have to search a little harder.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yeah, well, the FDA just allowed that nerve agent aspertame to be renamed and continued usage.

It's only large pharmaceuticals who can afford the rigorous FDA trials and get crap approved, even though it's crap.

Look at the lawsuits being filed over Darvon and Darvocet. And that was some GOOD stuff! But it had an ability to make some tickers go into defib.

I'm getting to where I rather suffer the symptoms of whatever than the side effects of the treatments.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
But here's the kicker, you can also crap your pants without any prior knowledge until it happens.

I don't really intend to step into this discussion beyond a minor correction here.

Alli (Orlistat) patients don't lose control of their bowels randomly or without warning. The drug works by blocking the absorption of fats and cholesterols. It is very clearly stated on all the inserts that come with the drug, and is usually explained by both the doctor and the pharmacist, that due to the absorption-blocking mechanism of the drug, eating an excessive amount of fatty foods will cause diarrhea.

The only people who have bowel-related accidents on this drug are those who think they can "have their cake and eat it, too", that is, they take the drug and then stuff their faces with fatty foods.

This is the same reason I know when my diabetic patients are lying to me. Metformin, one of the more common drug approaches (and really reserved for patients who are too lazy to watch their sugar intake), causes a similar bowel reaction when the patient eats too much sugar. So, when I have a diabetic patient swearing up and down that they "watch their sugar" and are "sticking to a healthy, diabetic diet", but are having horrible diarrhea, I get a sneaking suspicion that they are being dishonest, which a quick HbA1C test will confirm.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

But here's the kicker, you can also crap your pants without any prior knowledge until it happens.

I don't really intend to step into this discussion beyond a minor correction here.

Alli (Orlistat) patients don't lose control of their bowels randomly or without warning. The drug works by blocking the absorption of fats and cholesterols. It is very clearly stated on all the inserts that come with the drug, and is usually explained by both the doctor and the pharmacist, that due to the absorption-blocking mechanism of the drug, eating an excessive amount of fatty foods will cause diarrhea.

The only people who have bowel-related accidents on this drug are those who think they can "have their cake and eat it, too", that is, they take the drug and then stuff their faces with fatty foods.

This is the same reason I know when my diabetic patients are lying to me. Metformin, one of the more common drug approaches (and really reserved for patients who are too lazy to watch their sugar intake), causes a similar bowel reaction when the patient eats too much sugar. So, when I have a diabetic patient swearing up and down that they "watch their sugar" and are "sticking to a healthy, diabetic diet", but are having horrible diarrhea, I get a sneaking suspicion that they are being dishonest, which a quick HbA1C test will confirm.

Though you decided to "correct" what I said, and you did not, you just added all of your medical terms to it, I stated the same thing, except decided that I would not go to far off topic with the complete details as I was talking about the OP, and its relation to side effects.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I wasn't trying to be antagonistic. You stated that the "accidents" were without warning and were due to drug side effects. I merely provided the actual science behind it and showed that, no, it is not due to side effects but is actually the mechanism of the drug. It is patient irresponsibility and unwillingness to change their diet that leads to accidents.

You can PM me if you want further information about Alli. I don't want to derail this thread any further, especially if my minor correction is going to throw you into a fit.
edit on 1/5/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The VA put me on Lipitor a few years ago and I took then despite all of the aches, pains and other physical and psychological symptoms... I was already being prescribed pain medication that was also increased... My memory is messed up, it is hard for me to work on my car and get it finished in twice the time it did before. I have 2 motorcycles that I had taken apart when I first started taking the stuff that I am neither physically or mentally able to get started on finishing with... I have twice gone to jury duty and numerous medical appointments out of town 100+ miles away and not remembered them.... It's one of the reasons I have not posted here as often as in the past. There are Quite a few other recently released at the time medications I have had prescribed that also caused me to become less than fully functional.
edit on 5-1-2011 by hypervigilant because: To make a correction

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy

Troy

I do agree that this a problem in our country, but there are two sides to this. Big Pharma has commercial after commercial, ads all over the place, but there is something that people fail to see, or even hear. The dozens of side effects that are associated with taking the medicine. That is openly mentioned, any where you see an ad.

I remember when the drug Allie came out. It was the first drug that was FDA approved to actually make you lose weight. But here's the kicker, you can also crap your pants without any prior knowledge until it happens. When the drug was announced they did a survey of people that said they would buy it. People stated that they would deal with that, as long as they lost weight. Mind you the box says that you can lose up to 4 lbs a month.

If someone was defecating on themselves that much, they can lose 4 lbs a month just on that. People want the easy way out. There are tons of other ways that people dont want to look into, as taking a pill is easier than eating better, or exercising.

Also, the FDA approves all of those drugs. We are in 2011, if someone cannot do the simple research or ask the right questions then thats a problem that they would have to deal with. I am not a doctor, but I know that if you can walk a block a day, you can feel better. That if you switch from fast food, to home cooked food you can see a difference. For those that have heart conditions, and blood problems its a bit more difficult, but that also means that they have to search a little harder.

Peace, NRE.

We're going to have to disagree, because you are completely missing my point. It's the fact that drug companies can peddle poison without worry. If they get fined, it's no big money for them, they get to continue to peddle poison. But, the FDA is so busy "helping" us, that they need to raid health food stores, and raw milk producers, and ban raw almonds. I could keep listing things. Where is the justice? In an ethical society, these pharmaceutical bums would get no air time. As a matter of fact, they would be in jail. Your logic is that, "it's just business." I don't get it. You're not really taking an honest look at what I've said. I've just told you people are being lied to and poisoned, more or less, but somehow, "it's just business." These are my friends, your friends, my family, your family I'm talking about. You're very tactful and respectful in your words, thank you, but I really don't have time to be de-railed and talk in circles.

Have a great day,

Troy

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite doctors talking about stating drugs and cholesterol. I really didn't want to focus just on statins, but since it was how I introduced the topic, here we go.

www.youtube.com...

Dr. Mercola really strikes me as a genuine and caring guy. I wish we had more doctors with the kind of drive for real health like Mercola. He's clearly not motivated by the Big Pharma drug pushing.

Troy

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The VA put me on Lipitor a few years ago and I took then despite all of the aches, pains and other physical and psychological symptoms... I was already being prescribed pain medication that was also increased... My memory is messed up, it is hard for me to work on my car and get it finished in twice the time it did before. I have 2 motorcycles that I had taken apart when I first started taking the stuff that I am neither physically or mentally able to get started on finishing with... I have twice gone to jury duty and numerous medical appointments out of town 100+ miles away and not remembered them.... It's one of the reasons I have not posted here as often as in the past. There are Quite a few other recently released at the time medications I have had prescribed that also caused me to become less than fully functional.
edit on 5-1-2011 by hypervigilant because: To make a correction

I wonder sometimes if the cholesterol medicine dad was on, was causing his shoulder pain in the past. I've tried to get him to look closer at his medications, to ultimately ween himself of them. But, we just end up in a stupid argument.

Troy

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join