It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much Sun Screen are you supposed to drink before going to the beach?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

They are actually finding out it causes heart disease by blocking vitamin D absorption.
reply to post by Daughter2

I can vouch for this! Well, I can't personally say that I know it leads to heart disease, but I have had bad experiences with sunscreen vs. vitamin D.

My father died when he was only 24 from melanoma, so I've always been the "sunscreen queen!" I would NEVER go outside without sunscreen and wouldn't let my kids either. I would find the highest SPF possible and lived in it. I was careful about the ingredients in the sunscreen... I preferred the more natural ones... titanium dioxide and such.

Anyway, before I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, my doctor did about every test possible to see why I was hurting so bad. He checked my vitamin D and it was dangerously low! He told me that I needed to get out in the sun more. I told him I was out in the sun all the time. He asked if I wore sunscreen. I told him yes, all the time. I was scared because I've always figured that I'm predisposed to melanoma, since my dad had it. He told me that I needed to get outside at least 15 minutes a day without sunscreen. I basically had adult onset rickets. He put me on an enormous dose of vitamin D and I started getting out more without sunscreen. Now I feel better.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Gawd, I love sarcasm, lmao! The title even made me laugh before I clicked on it to read it, ha ha! A star for you!

I mostly avoid fluoride. I do use fluoride toothpaste, since that is topical use, but I avoid drinking it as much as possible. I read labels when I buy water and ignorantly trust that there is no fluoride in the bottled water... I have no way of proving it isn't there. I'm sure there are other undesirable things in there... bottled water is a whole other debate that I wont go into at the moment.

But check this out!!! I had no idea!

Avoid drinking black or red tea. There are many health benefits associated with chemical compounds found in tea, but this may be a beverage to avoid if you need to reduce your fluorine intake. Black and red tea come from two different types of plants, but both leaves naturally contain high amounts of fluorine. Be wary of tinned fish and canned food items. Fluoride may be used as a preservative. Avoid black or red rock salt or items containing black or red rock salt. Avoid using chewing tobacco. Avoid long term use of medication that contains fluorine. Certain antidepressants and medications for osteoporosis contain fluorine

That info came from HERE and there's a lot of other good info there, as well.

... and just to clarify...

Fluorine is the element name

Fluoride refers to the ion of fluoride which has a charge of -1, since it has one additional electron.

Fluoride is what is used in the names of compounds containing fluorine, like NaF (sodium fluoride), BaF2 (barium fluoride), and CF4 (carbon tetrafluoride).

edit on 1/8/2011 by gemineye because: because "life" and "laugh" are two totally separate things.

edit on 1/8/2011 by gemineye because: to add more info

I don't know where that info is coming from that they used or how much stock I would put into it's accuracy to be honest. Why in the world would you need fluorine in salt? Salt is a preservative alone! That makes no sense to me.
edit on 1/10/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
reply to post by EssenSieMich

So, I take it you have had problems with your precious bodily fluids being sapped because of fluoridation?

Do you ever see a Russian drinking water? No, they drink vodka - I like vodka, it makes me sexeh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join