It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Shots Fired!!!!!!!1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
First shots reported fired at sea, apparent naval support for ground forces....

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
this is no different than any other fighter strike on iraqi comm stations and stuff that been going on for the last year or two. the only difference is that it happens within the 48 hour timeframe given, which is now 23 hours abouts, so you would have to assume that the media will likely beef anything they hear of up to something gay like that. it's all about hits and ratings.

[Edited on 03/17/2003 by phoenix_cross]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
"Tensions in the Persian Gulf are high: Overnight, a Kuwaiti patrol boat assigned to the USS Constellation battle group fired at an Iraqi vessel, killing one person aboard, said Rear Adm. Barry Costello. The shot was intended to be a warning after the vessel -- a dhow, frequently used to ferry goods around the gulf -- failed to stop for the Kuwaitis to board.

In Kurd-controlled northern Iraq, 28 Iraqi soldiers defected Tuesday, according to a Patriotic Union of Kurdistan source. There are no details of where they're being detained. Three Iraqi soldiers were shot and killed while trying to defect, the source said"

Personally, I liked the details in the UK story better... Not sure where you got "support for ground forces" out of that though... I'm still curious about some of those "unidentified" ships out in the Gulf, that were waiting to port into Iraq. I'd love to know what's on those vessels....

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
They've been bombing Iraqi targets for 12 years guys... the war will start when US troops will try to take Bagdad. And that will be the worse.

I wonder what Saddam will do with the oilfields.

top topics

join