It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet approaching television as primary news source, survey shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Internet approaching television as primary news source, survey shows

www.news.co m.au

THE internet is quickly becoming Americans' main source of national and international news.

While television still remains the most popular source for news, about 41 per cent of Americans said they get most of their news from the internet, a 17 per cent increase since 2007, according to a new Pew Research Centre study published today.

About 66 per cent of people surveyed said they get most of their news from television, down from 74 per cent in 2007.

But for people younger than 30, the internet surpassed television as the main source of national and international news - the first tim
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

"An analysis of how different generations are getting their news suggests that these trends are likely to continue."

The national survey by the Pew Research Centre was conducted December 1-5, 2010, among 1500 adults reached on mobile phones and landlines.

The study also found that the less education respondents had, the more likely they were to get their news from television.

www.news.co m.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

The last line in particular had me laughing its true to an extent though, but I think soon if we do have a filtered internet this will change but there will be no difference between TV and internet news. Alternative media will be gone.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This certainly doesn't surprise me. The internet allows for interaction and discussion regarding current news and as such will eventually be the de facto medium for not only news but entertainment and social gathering.

It's much better than 'just' staring at a screen...especially when you can use a search engine to look things up instead of relying on one or two peoples' research capacity...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
even though its from the internet, i fear its still mostly from the MSM, wich makes little difference.
edit on 4-1-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

there is no news on TV, in my opinion... only propaganda from the corporate-banker-military-industrial-complex.

so i guess all of the news comes from the internet...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Being someone below the age of 30... All my local news is good for is the weather. The rest is the latest sex scandel, shooting / violence or depressing story of another industry closing or leaving the area.

Much easier to cruise the internet for my news that is relevant.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

The www. will be the dominant force in all communication soon. Streaming video hooked up to your big screen TV is the wave of the future in news, movies, web etc. Networks, DVD rentals, will be a thing of the past.

A new renaissance of global communication, information, entertainment is here.

s&f

top topics

join