It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US worried by 'trend' of Christian attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

US worried by 'trend' of Christian attacks

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The United States said Tuesday it is "deeply concerned" about the rise in attacks against Christians in parts of the Middle East and Africa.

"We are certainly aware of a recent string of attacks against Christians from Iraq to Egypt to Nigeria," State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said. "We are deeply concerned about what seems to be an increasing trend."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com

edit on 1/4/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Link incapacitated due to censors.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I humbly am reporting this, not as a religious conspiracy, but as breaking news.

We rarely see the US government come out in support of Christians overseas, usually it is about Muslim issues or Jewish issues. Not an indictment, just stating a fact.

I really do not want this thread to descend into a debate over Christianity, the Bible, Zionism, the Crusades, and God. I just wanted to report that this is actually finally being addressed... the slaughter of contemporary Christian people in houses of worship by radicals.

Lets keep this civil and polite, please~

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

(AP) WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration says it is "deeply concerned" by what appears to be a rising number of attacks on Christians in the Middle East and Africa.

The State Department said Tuesday that the U.S. condemns religiously motivated violence and is disturbed by a recent string of attacks against Christians in Iraq, Egypt and Nigeria. Spokesman P.J. Crowley is calling for the governments in those countries to bring the perpetrators to justice.

A radical Muslim sect in Nigeria has claimed numerous recent attacks on Christian churches. In Alexandria, Egypt, on Saturday, a suicide bomber killed 21 Coptic Christians outside a church. Iraq's tiny Christian community has been hit hard by recent attacks, including a late October church siege in Baghdad that left 68 people dead.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What I don't understand is the idea of a "religious war".

I've looked up a little bit about different religions of the world. For the most part, the basic principal of the majority of religions is peace. Whether it be inner peace or universal peace and love for yourself and those around you (and mostly, the respective god to any religion). If this is true, then why can't we just follow our religion's principal and just try for peace and love for all around us?

Also, I went to church every sunday for a good ten years of my life and then eventually stopped going. Not because I didn't like it necessarily, but just because I couldn't wake my lazy butt up to go that early in the morning. Anyway, when I went...it was all about respect and love for those around you, like I said and I am Roman Catholic.

It would be nice if people would follow their respective religions, worry about themselves, and just let others do what they want instead of trying to kill others because of being offended by other religions.

edit: this is in regards to religious wars overseas right? If not, I sincerely apologize, I kind of submitted non-related thoughts to your thread. Thanks for posting this article though in either case.

edit on 1/4/2011 by philosearcher because: potatoes!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It is getting worse and worse with these kind of attacks

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
It would be nice if people would follow their respective religions, worry about themselves, and just let others do what they want instead of trying to kill others because of being offended by other religions.

True that.
I am glad that this slaughter is being acknowledged by the United States, as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

I humbly am reporting this, not as a religious conspiracy, but as breaking news.

I really do not want this thread to descend into a debate over Christianity, the Bible, Zionism, the Crusades, and God. I just wanted to report that this is actually finally being addressed... the slaughter of contemporary Christian people in houses of worship by radicals.

Lets keep this civil and polite, please~

news.yahoo.com

We rarely see the US government come out in support of Christians overseas, usually it is about Muslim issues or Jewish issues. Not an indictment, just stating a fact.

That's rare The American government usually supports Muslim terrorists and there groups, like they did in the Balkans, rather then supporting the serbs in Kovoso they preferred the Albanians whom are hardcore believers, not to mention they support turkey.

in the 90s the American government fought the wrong side thus they created an Islamic Center in the heart of Europe.

Still i have my doubts the government supporting Christians.

If they wanted to help Christian they wouldn't turn the Balkans into an Islamic hub.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Yes it is. And that will cause an exodus from those parts of the world. Some people will stay through the persecutions, but sadly others will leave their homes to protect their family's lives. It will decimate the community there.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

The US Govt does'nt give a stuff about the Arab Christians, never did never will.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I initially thought you meant radical Christians were the perpetrators and thought that thats something you don't often hear, but Christians being killed, I thought that was in the news every now and then (not often), although maybe not the TV news, but the news I read on the web. Might be wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
And nothing about the recent and unrelenting attacks here on ATS !?!?! seriously, ive been getting verbally flogged for my beliefs... i think there was even a meaningless death threat

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

No, it is something that is really very underreported, and
has hardly ever been commented on by our government.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ok, so do you think your government should report on it more? One of the things I wonder though is that how can someone say something is being under reported, if it is not being reported, how do you know it is happening?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry, should have clarified.

It is underreported by our MSM.

One can dig throughout pages on the internet and find the carnage.

Our government cannot wait to denounce the slaughtering of Muslims, Jews, or Buddists worldwide.

However, when it comes to Christians, they are curiously quiet, though, as much as one may hate to admit the facts, the United States is a majority of Christians.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
I'm sorry, should have clarified.

It is underreported by our MSM.

One can dig throughout pages on the internet and find the carnage.

Our government cannot wait to denounce the slaughtering of Muslims, Jews, or Buddists worldwide.

However, when it comes to Christians, they are curiously quiet, though, as much as one may hate to admit the facts, the United States is a majority of Christians.

No problem, thanks for clarifying, I probably didn't read it properly.Still I thought the government was somewhat against Muslims with mostly reporting on Muslim extremists, as I said, I rarely hear about Christian extremists, although it is of course possible that there are none, or only very little of them, which is/would be good. Poor Christians in those countries, over in the western world I guess you are a lot safer regardless of your religion. What can we do though?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamaperson
Poor Christians in those countries, over in the western world I guess you are a lot safer regardless of your religion. What can we do though?

Pray.

Be grateful that finally someone is saying something about this.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

US deeply concerned about this!!!! Now that is a first if i may say so, wow just wow what implications this must have, can we now say it is a religious war? or is that still a not to be a said word? for we all know what this war on terror really is now don't we?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

After 20 years of killings during the "war" (and yes, I am going back to the "first" Gulf War)
this is the first I have ever heard of our
government saying anything openly
like this about the killings of
Christians.
I am completely open to being wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There is no religious war.

Those attacks were only perpetrated by flawed mortals who hid the cloaks of religion to create chaos, gain power and subjugate even their own followers when they have won.

It has nothing to do with religion per se, only lust for power, and they must be brought to justice for their crimes against humanity, one way or another. May their followers as well as the victims followers know the truth.
edit on 5-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What bothers me is ANY "trend". Who's reporting it, and why it would be considered a trend. The MSM discussed what it wants, when it wants. This has been happening since the dawn of time. When things like this begin to be "discussed" its alarming in a sense.

Just to think who will be the new "terror". When the MSM makes old news, new news, you have to read between the lines.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join