It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Credit Card Ready.... Which Snakeoil Do I Buy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
But seriously...

I have read a ton of information here on prophesies, predictions, and various other doomsday scenarios. A lot of them differ greatly.

We all meet our demise in some catachalysmic disaster. No. We all have a great awakening and see the light. Etc, etc.

So which one is wich? When two of you foretell two different endings for 2012 are you stepping on the other's toes? Does it irritate you? Are one of you being lied to and the other is not? Do you converse amongst yourselves to try and figure out who is right?

I, in no way am trying to be disrespectful. I am just curious. If it is meant for one of you to warn us all then how do we know who to put our chips on?

I believe there are seers. But we cannot see who is correct.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You can not rely on seers and false prophets to make up your mind about the future. All you need to do is watch the news and put in it all in a big picture. 2012 2011 who really cares? If we all die than we just all die. If it is truly the end of times than there is really no way you can truly prepare except maybe buy a few cyanide pills, you know just in case it ends with fire(no one wants to be burned alive).

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You get a similar thing with a lot of the subjects around here.
None of the "End of the world" people agree on how it will end, none of the "abducted by aliens" people agree who the aliens are or what they want, None of the Illuminate people can agree on what their plan might be.

As long as you believe in something then you get to join the club just don't rock the boat and ask awkward questions like why, how or when

edit on 4-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It's always a coin toss but if you're gonna pick between cataclysmic or enlightenment you might want to consider how many times a cataclysmic event has happened in comparison to some kind of awakening. I personally think the next thing is going to be an economic meltdown.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I suppose I should have clarified. I do believe seers exist. However I do not personally believe 2012 will come to fruition. My religion explains what I need to know, (whole other can of worms I realize lol
)so I do not seek answers for that. I was merely curious as to how they reacted to each other in differing predictions and how they expect everyone else to pick 1 out of 100.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I am picking up what you're putting down.

Club? You mean I can join a club? Really though, the awkward questions are usually the best.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Starred for an excellent point. Thanks. I tend to agree that the end shan't be pleasant at all no matter when it occurs.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There is not one seer/psychic on ATS who can shed light on this?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

In my very humble opinion 2012 is both the doomsday senario as well as the beginning of an enlightenment.
When people go through horrible events it brings them closer together. Now, at the end of the age even groups who are supposedly "on the same page" are infighting over minute details instead of working together. This is true of many communities, churches, philosophies etc. Perhaps the only way mankind can function together properly is through tribulation. It is a cyle we see throughout history.

top topics

join