It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government policy on paranormal phenomena?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Actually, i thought of putting up this thread in response to many of the people here on A.T.S. who proclaim themselves to have powerful psychic abilities transcending the more common minor forms of precognition, telepathy, and psychokinesis. I guess i could also lump in the threads from those claiming to be alien or those that have alien souls also. Now, the purpose of this thread is not to denigrate the beliefs or philosophies of those individuals but to incite thought on this matter. First lets ask the following. Does the government believe in the paranormal? Also keep in mind that i am using the word paranormal to lump in anything that can not be explained by mainstream science.

I would have to say that in my opinion they do, or at least have contingency plans and protocols available in case they have to deal with a paranormal event or being of some type that is outside their realm of experience. I say this as i look back on programs they have formed and enacted over the years that are fairly common knowledge to most of the posters on A.T.S. Programs like the phoenix project, project bluebook, and project sunstreak to name just a few. And these are only the ones we have heard of mind you. Imagine the ones that we have not heard of. The ones kept in the very strictest of secrecy. It is quite enough to give one pause, if not the shivers.

This is relatively a moot point to be serious. As most A.T.S. readers and posters already believe in some sort of paranormal phenomena of one type or another. I think the question i am pondering is how would the government deal with an actual paranormal event or being if it encountered one. I was reading a comic book today in my foray of old files on my computer. I came across an interesting section in a comic titled, "New Universal". This comic deals extensively with the idea of paranormals coming into being on this earth and how the worlds governments would react. Some of the arguments i found both frightening, and highly plausible in a real world sense.

For example, one of the main protagonists in this graphic novel, philip Voight, stated in no uncertain terms that one paranormal is not a danger. Two should be monitored. And if there are ever three certifiable paranormals then they will be killed. This all stems from his belief that if allowed to congregate they would take over humanity. Or, even worse, breed into a more superior species and it would be the end of mankind as they knew it. He also stated later on in this very same publication that if they did fight a war against paranormals it would be a silent war. There would be no deliberate killings of these paranormals, only accidents.

This line of reasoning is both extremely frightening and very very plausible. The community would not have to be alerted. The human race could be kept in the dark as it were as the governments of the world went on there merry way burying any evidence of the paranormal and unusual under piles and piles of so called accidents. Even taking into account the normal amount of accidents that happen in this world on a day to day basis i am left with the nagging feeling that there are too many of them. That some of these accidents are very unusual. Some of these unexplained deaths are too unexplained. Personally, if there are those among you who are not human, those of you who really do have superhuman or paranormal powers of a high magnitude, i feel you should keep that to yourself for your own safety. But, of course this is all rampant conjecture of the highest order.

What are your views on this subject? What do you think the government knows about things of this manner? What do you think they do when they find something that is beyond what they know? I would love to hear from all of you and i hope this becomes an exciting and informative thread.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Mari4199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The study of parapsychology has been scientifically proven to have something to the topics of ESP, OBE, remote viewing, telepathy, telekinesis and ghosts. As for understanding the mechanism involved the university sector was shut down with stories moving around about black military projects picking it up. Results have generally been mixed, but have been shown to be above that of chance along. Techniques have developed to help enhance the skills for practitioners in these arts. There are also many stories of charlatans and others stumbling around in the dark trying to understand it. As with any power, there are risks with unregulated control and people venturing into the unknown. The idea of a government policy does sound good so education and understanding can develop in a responsible and managed manner to help limit any risks associated to this topic.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok... hehehe. Obviously a topic no one is interested in except a very few individuals. Maybe if i had catered to popular fiction and culture instead of thinking for myself this would have gotten more responses. Meh.
~

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Maybe the scientific community are about to take things a little more seriously as

One of psychology’s most respected journals has agreed to publish a paper presenting what its author describes as strong evidence for extrasensory perception, the ability to sense future events.

Full Story

top topics

join