It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Homeless man has exceptional radio announcer voice. ATS hire this guy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I had seen this video a few mins ago of this homeless man along Ohio's I-71. His name is Ted Williams and he claims to have god's gift of voice. He has been asking for change along I-71 with a sign that states his talent, and he demonstrates that for a dollar. Williams states that he has been through hard times in the past, addictions to drugs and alcohol, but has been two years sober.

A reporter from the Columbus Dispatch came across Ted Williams while Williams was panhandling near Interstate 71 recently. Williams was carrying a sign explaining he was a former radio announcer that had fallen on hard times.

Read article and see video here

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Awesome voice,
I really hope someone gives him a chance,
he does indeed appear to be clean.
Look in his eyes, he's clean.
G-D bless him and get him warm.

Peace.

S&F
edit on America/Chicagopm4631America/ChicagoTue, 04 Jan 2011 20:48:46 -06001 3148 by BrainGarden because: s&f

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
He definitely seems like he is sober. You can tell he loves what he does. I was hoping I could move this thread somewhere else to get him more exposure on this site. There is too many sad stories in the world already. I would love to see this guy become a positive one.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Moose318 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hey how come this homeless guy knows what time Family Guy is on? thats what I want to know.

Great video! I almost died with laughter when he first spoke S+F

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Okay, pals: Go give that guy a well-paid job, even if it's a voice-over for cartoon characters, for crying out loud! If he has learned his lesson, he can be forgiven, I'm sure. He just need a new hair-do, new clothes and maybe some make-up. But he's really got an amazing voice. Wow.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
There still are beautiful people in this broken world. He sounds awesome, sincere and regretful; I love his positive friendly attitude.

Then I read this comment.

Originally posted by pikypiky
Okay, pals: Go give that guy a well-paid job, even if it's a voice-over for cartoon characters, for crying out loud! If he has learned his lesson, he can be forgiven, I'm sure. He just need a new hair-do, new clothes and maybe some make-up. But he's really got an amazing voice. Wow.

You say, give him a society accepted new hair cut and society accepted new cloths and last but not least some make up.

For goodness sake except people for who they are.
To me Ted appears comfortable and chirpy. I like him the way he is.

Good luck to you Ted

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
poor the man, blessing all the homeless people for living in this unfair world.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Looks like someone is giving him a chance. The Cleveland Cavaliers want to hire him.

Cavs off job to homeless man.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Great voice.

Glad to see he found work now. Nice happy ending.

MM

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Absolutely brilliant

I love hearing about stories like this, good luck to the guy!

"And now, here's Tom with the weather..."

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

Moose, how is ATS radio supposed to give him a job? NONE of the people on ATS radio are paid

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well I never said paying job did I? Exposure is worth more in these circumstances. Of course the video has gone viral and the man will likely taken care of and find something that suits him best. Perhaps it was wishful thinking here with the ATS Radio. I think he has the perfect voice to talk about conspiracies and aliens.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
He'll get back on drugs again.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Addict + money = buy drugs

Supposedly, he's already gone to rehab as of a couple days ago, or so...and no longer doing appearances.

He did a Kraft commercial, I know that, and pretty much everyone has been clamoring to get him on their show. He'll do alright if he can kick his addictions.

I predict he'll have a short run of fame though, if he doesn't take advantage and strike while the iron is hot.

join