It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn becks "e4"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by kinda kurious

Glenn Beck doesn't empower people, he deprives them of their ability for original thought.

Not to butt in on this dispute (seems there's some history there) but I respectfully disagree, K. If anything, I believe BECK has awakened a previously zoombied SHEEPLE, who have robotic-ly trudged through their routine, mundane lives, accepting whatever the GOV has decided. This whole Tea Party movement is inspiring, regardless of their porous aggregation or transcending ideologies. It's the recognition that the government is the real threat, and therefore those who continue to support the gov in their old ways. Is this the "change" PBO promised? No way - but it's refreshing to me.

Well I respectfully disagree back. Beck simply stuck a big fat bulls-eye label on the Government as the sole source of the misery and ills of the disgruntled masses. "If you don't have an enemy, create one." ( I forget who said that.)

In short, he is bringing people back to the values so long forgotten, on which this country was founded.
Uh oh when I hear that type of nostalgic longing for "the way things were" I smell the scent of neocon codespeak. You know a predominantly white and segregated America. Just sayin'.

BTW, here is a surgical instrument from the pre Civil War era:

Is this the type of warm and fuzzy era you'd like to regress back to for your next operation? I thought not.
edit on 5-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: fix image link

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Glenn Beck doesn't empower people, he deprives them of their ability for original thought. He accomplishes this through controlled repetition and preying on their vulnerabilities, distrust of others and above all, fear.

He is Chicken Little with a crew cut.

WOW!

Who said anything about empowering people? Are you saying that without Glenn Beck or someone like your God Barrack Obama, people would cease to exist? Just attempting to understand your statement here. What the HELL does empowering anyone have to do with anything? Did not know it was the purpose of journalists to EMPOWER people. Oh, you are mistaking information for someone being a SAVIOR.

Gotcha, you expect leaders to actually do EVERYTHING for EVERYONE. Now I am beginning to get your mindset. You think people need to be instructed in everything they do. You would have gone far in the past, may I suggest you go down to Venezuela, they are in need of direction.

As for FEAR, you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Tell me, are you AFRAID that the sky is going to fall? How bout that the temperatures are going to increase? How bout the ocean levels are going to rise (cause Gore just bought a home on the ocean front) and submerge everything? Or how bout that the western world is going to subvert the 3rd world?

You are SOOOOOO transparent to be so foolish and ignorant.

Tell me, do you ACTUALLY think anything the Obama administration had ANYTHING to do with increasing employment?

Anyway, funny how those that cannot do, teach, those that can do. Tell me again who the administration surrounded himself with? Oh that is right, a bunch of professors that have now gone back to teaching.

Buh bye.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by BrainGarden

He did just that in this very episode...

"15 years ago I was broke, today I'm pretty well off".

The point is, he's not ashamed of making money. NO ONE should be ashamed of making money.

But you have to watch the show to get what Media Matters won't show.
edit on 4-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I think that pretty much sums it up in one small statement right there. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sure Glenn Beck is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he has done more to "wake" people up than anyone else I have known. He has throughout the years show the good the bad and the ugly, and to be honest I would take his word over any nutjobs on this site thats for sure, because I am pretty sure over half of you are the problem, I see it day in and day out with the constant whining and self pity that fill most of the posts anymore. People need to start standing up and righting their own lives and there aint nothing left or right about that, and that is one of the main things the guy talks about in that aspect hes got my support, S&F .

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Who said anything about empowering people?

Hmmm I have no idea where I got that silly notion from. Perhaps it was the OP:

Originally posted by 46ACE
basically he unplugs the famous silent red phone says he's done looking/waiting for govt for solutions: . we need to quit bitchin' and use education;personal empowerment and entrepreneurship to get America back on top.
help each other and change our selves.
(Bolded by me for emphasis).

You were saying?

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
When I make a mistake of observation, I respectfully acquiesce to my mistake.

Time to acquiesce, I'll be waiting to graciously accept your mea culpa.

edit on 5-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's crazy how much Glenn Beck polarizes people. Either he's a saint or a sinner. All I know is that when I occasionally listen too him, I hear stuff that makes sense, and lots of hyperbole. That's his style, his thing...there's lots of intelligent listeners that can sift the wheat from the chaff.

Today for example, I happened to be in my car and his show was on. He was challenging his listeners to really reflect on who they are and what they believe in. He went on to say that once you have done that, read and study information that contradicts what you believe. He stated that if you only feed yourself information that validates your views, you have no growth. And furthermore he went on to say that if you find your viewpoint changed, it's completely OK to say I made a mistake, and hold the new beliefs to be true. These comments were directed not at liberals, but at his listening audience.

Today Glenn Beck didn't sound like the brainwashing moneygrubbing monster many have painted him out to be. Of course, there's always tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow that was fun(?) wonder how many weeks until the bootprints come out of my forehead...

The "Personal empowerment" was one of the 4 "e"s in the whole "E-4" theme.It doesn't come from Beck or the govt. it comes from inside the individual . Waiting for a solution tobehanded down from the perfect politician or party, is just waiting on somebody else.
edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

So YOU are attempting to retract YOUR depiction of the message from YOUR thread?

I relied on your interpretation since I could only watch about 10 minutes of that fingernails on chalkboard fake sincerity and whining the doughboy does.

Best dramatic performance by an entertainer masquerading as a "journalist"......and the winner is........

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Slight BOW, not a full fledged drop to my knees bow though.

See how that is done?

edit by the way-

you have never watched a Beck show. I have sat through Chris and Ed shows, not because I wanted to, because I wanted to break down the shows.

Sorry to tell you this, if you really wanted to compare, I would say 5000 to 1 comparative evaluation. Facts I mean.
edit on 5-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I'll take it as an admission of guilt. Thank you! Now run along and finish the laundry so you'll have fresh, white sheets for your meeting.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by 46ACE

So YOU are attempting to retract YOUR depiction of the message from YOUR thread?

I relied on your interpretation since I could only watch about 10 minutes of that fingernails on chalkboard fake sincerity and whining the doughboy does.

Best dramatic performance by an entertainer masquerading as a "journalist"......and the winner is........

"we need to quit bitchin' and use education;personal empowerment and entrepreneurship to get America back on top.
help each other and change our selves. "

What's your problem? I don't see where anything I said conflicts, I think you've beat up on me( inseveral different replies) enough for one thread.

That's enough.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Beck is teaching history correctly about dangerous radicalism that infiltrates governments through to much progessive government polocies and it leads to corruption and control.Government is still needed to help protect its people.Beck is about the only one teaching this stuff,same stuff that happened in WW2 and Vietnam. days.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Here's my take on Glenn Beck. First time I ever posted it. I am a strong conservative/independent, and I enjoy listening to Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity, even though I see through the Limbaugh chatter. I still like him for the entertainment value.

But Beck, not for me. To me, he is in the same category as Obama - a total charlatan. Think about it...look at his resume...recovering alcoholic that often cries alligator tears when he gets emotional. Often comes on TV unprepared and does the show ad-lib. And the look on his face says it all .... a smug, condescending little smirk that says 'I know I've got you fooled. How sweet it is!' His pointless drawings on the chalkboard that are supposed to prove his point.

I've tried listening to his radio show, but the incessant guffawing and laughing with his staff and producers is so annoying.

I congratulate him for being able to pull the wool over so many eyes and make so much money, but he's a fake. He knows it and I know it.

edit on 5-1-2011 by mishigas because: One more thing...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the other mark of the charlatan....when he resorts to prayer in the middle of a show.

There you have it - former boozer who incites the crowd with tears and prayers. He belongs under one of those old fashioned southern prayer tents, handling snakes and holy rolling on a hot summer's night, imo.
edit on 6-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Do you expect the man to put in all this time researching for the shows he hosts without being paid?

I sure wouldn't...My guess is, neither would you.

do you get payed to be a moderator in this site?
serious question...cuz if you dont...there goes your argument out the window..
not everyone needs a check in order to do a proper job....
there are tons of blogs & websites out there that put out more truth than this bozo and they drive a kia..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

i would love for you to come out with solid proof to your far-out claims that there is any real danger in progressive policies..or that progressives are infiltrating the government to control you and for all out corruption. If beck is the only "teacher" you listen to regarding politics then i feel very bad for you. just like the rest of the faux cronies "we distort, you believe!" ill be waiting for that solid proof of yours, if you really believe in all that..or if its all talk and no substance...kinda like palin..

and can u elaborate on the 'stuff' you talk about that happened during ww2 n vietnam..id like to hear that one

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
His old show when he was out of Philly was awesome. Then he changed, and not for the better.

The three things that finally drove me away from him (I was a subscriber to his website and magazine, mind you), was

1.) When he was caught in a lie on The View

2.) His total 180 on the FEMA camps, in the span of 24 hours.

and the nail I'm the coffin …

3.) His character assassination of Debra Medina.

Oh, and I can't be the only one who feels uncomfortable with his infatuation with Sarah Palin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Beck is no different then Obama,he talks a good hallow story and this one was sad.All the drama and it sounded like he was reading it for the first time or to a child.

After Beck talked for two years how screwed we are and no soluition other then God and he won't go any ferther then Soros as the bad guy,that was it.Now its you all have to get your act in order or America is doomed,Thats all Beck has left, is to throw it on the American public now.

We as Americans can't agree on anything anymore and it is getting worse.A simple thing like TERM LIMITS to stop the lifers and professional politicians and NOTHING.

America will get what she deserve's not because of what we were but because of what we have become.It's way to late to start telling people to get there act together,there is nothing left in the American people but B**H and complain.We lost what ever we had left when we as the American people let 24%(liberal progressives)of the population install political correctness and did nothing.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whoocares

How do my personal volunteering efforts invalidate getting paid to do something you love?
I mean really what kind of logic is that?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Keep in mind, just because PART of what Glenn Beck says strikes a chord with you... doesn't mean you should fall for all, most, or even a decent chunk of what he's saying. This is the KEY to good propaganda... it MUST strike a chord with people on some visceral level, then... hook line and sinker it reels you into a boat you later realize is not the sunny place it was cracked up to be.

Take Beck with a huge grain of salt. He may be a very POPULAR public figure, but this does not mean he is an IMPORTANT or INTELLIGENT one. Glenn Beck is mediocre at BEST, and at worst he's a quasi-fascist propagandist hired to save the GOP and their corporate sponsors from sinking forever.

He misses the point on a lot of things, he's out of touch, and he's got very half-hatched solutions. Beck can be likened to somebody who's either pointed in the right direction but walking BACKWARDS, or pointed in the wrong direction walking aimlessly backwards... either way he's NOT somebody to look to for serious, scientific, and very deep perspectives on our world or solutions for it. He has an agenda and he's stickin to it, and his paycheck ensures this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join