It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn becks "e4"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I'm sorry you had a stroke...but what you're saying in essence is that you can't be assed to respond to any sort of criticism that go against your view of the world. That's pure ignorance...you're not even willing to refute stuff, or discuss. Which is ironic given that you're posting on a DISCUSSION board. But I can obviously not force you to abandon ignorance...it's a free country, and they say ignorance is bliss, so I guess it's all good

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

No he really does.
Glenn's NWO consists of one George Soros skip all the rest.
I really thought he might have gotten onto some better thinking when he started talking about puppet masters and etc., but he pinned it on one democrat.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
premptive double post
edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by 46ACE

I'm sorry you had a stroke...but what you're saying in essence is that you can't be assed to respond to any sort of criticism that go against your view of the world. That's pure ignorance...you're not even willing to refute stuff, or discuss. Which is ironic given that you're posting on a DISCUSSION board. But I can obviously not force you to abandon ignorance...it's a free country, and they say ignorance is bliss, so I guess it's all good

I didn'tsee your comment before posting as a reply.I am not looking for sympathy; And I really did get tiredof reading All your bullets.; truthfully there may be some validity there. I can't defend Beck's entire life or motivation and actually I don't feel I should have too. If that makes me "lazy" well unfortunately I guess I'm guilty .The man is not a demigod to me;' I have not studied his books or bought gold or mattresses or pringles or what ever else fox advertises.

This is really funny: (though not as funny as cartman)
I started a thread on a motivating talk laying out an idea to peacefully "revolutionize" and bring back the country.Through getting our own crap in line individually...

Whatever good positive message of empowerment there was; It waslost instantly and set upon by a marathon session of why the speaker ( couldn't say anything worthwhile).

He is really "bad" and here's why),.Now I sorta' know how leg tinglers must feel when the O-man trips up and it instantly spread allover the 'net..

edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: only1"y" in unfortunately...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Well if we want to get our "crap in line" we need to start a "new party" an answer to the tea party.
The tea party is obviously the off shoot of republicans as it's spokespeople are rich/famous and have obvious republican agendas.

New party should focus on what the people actually need. Then get someone to run on that platform.
Also it's important that we pull away from topics like gay marriage and abortion. Those are hot button to get people riled up to vote with a party on those issues while the important (which really affect the people) issues slip through on the free ride. First step hand those issues over to local government and make people vote on the real issues which while also coincidentally make people start actually thinking again.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by 46ACE

Well if we want to get our "crap in line" we need to start a "new party" an answer to the tea party.
The tea party is obviously the off shoot of republicans as it's spokespeople are rich/famous and have obvious republican agendas.

New party should focus on what the people actually need. Then get someone to run on that platform.
Also it's important that we pull away from topics like gay marriage and abortion. Those are hot button to get people riled up to vote with a party on those issues while the important (which really affect the people) issues slip through on the free ride. First step hand those issues over to local government and make people vote on the real issues which while also coincidentally make people start actually thinking again.

You missed the whole point of Becks monologue ( which I doubt you put any time into) It's not about genning up new parties or comittees or policies. the Govt IS NOT THE ANSWER !
edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ON TOPIC: A quote from Beck's soliloquy "we are a GOD fearing nation, bla,blah,blah happy blue skies"

I don't fear GOD. Does that preclude me from being an American? (My concept of GOD / Higher power is one of supreme benevolence.)

IMO, Beck is nothing more than a modern day Snake Oil Salesman which explains his mass appeal to the "Don't Tread on Me" rattlesnake crowd.

With a deadpan, Beck insists that he is not political: "I could give a flying crap about the political process." Making money, on the other hand, is to be taken very seriously, and controversy is its own coinage. "We're an entertainment company," Beck says.

(Be sure to differentiate quoted text from author's - not trying to mislead.)

Interesting Source

No, Glenn Beck is entirely about making money. Nothing wrong with that, per se, but perhaps the people that worship him as some kind of luminary should open their eyes to the truth. He’s selling you what you want to hear, and he doesn’t even believe what he’s saying.

Blog Source

Yeah I realize it is a blog but we are sparring with opinion, not facts.

edit on 5-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: typos

edit on 5-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: typos2

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

On topic.
I have been laid off for almost TWO YEARS.
I build things. I am an aircraft mechanic with engineering and business collegiate studies.

Now, I used that for awhile but I ended up specializing in building structures like office complexes and housing complexes. I can pretty much design or build anything you want, including production or industrial facilities.

Tell me, now that I have switched to information distribution, are you going to throw my knowledge to the wind? Nice big pictures, do you have anything intelligent to say or is it all about emotional response? How bout attacking the premise and not those that present the evidence?

How bout discernment? How bout facts? How bout anything that proves your point?

Instead of pivot maneuvers created to obfuscate the problems?
edit on 5-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: change the to that

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I don't fear GOD. Does that preclude me from being an American? (My concept of GOD / Higher power is one of supreme benevolence.)

Here, Here, Brother. However, I can think of no one in media more genuine than Beck. Not O'Rilemup, Not Hammity, not Stephanoplogous...[sic, sic, sic] Beck shows his a** and stands by what he believes.

Since when is the Constitution scary? Since when is it taboo to talk about the American Dream? Freedom? Since the socioliths [sic] had the reins. They prefer to create a welfare state, keeping everyone dependent on their handouts, while snuffing what's left of research, development and entrepreneurship.

We're too young to become Europe. There's no turning back now - it's all or nothing. I have taken 2 oaths in my life to protect and uphold this Constitution and I am well prepared to do so.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
btw - I trade options and am well versed in the market. If you're not in Gold, or GLD or AU or any other security or ETF involving this beautiful commodity, you're losing out on some great gains
edit on 5-1-2011 by capod2t because: resized

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
btw - I trade options and am well versed in the market. If you're not in Gold, or GLD or AU or any other security or ETF involving this beautiful commodity, you're losing out on some great gains
edit on 5-1-2011 by capod2t because: resized

And the beauty of it is, you can do that (almost) every time there's a currency crisis

That is, unless you buy gold from Beck's endorsed Goldline service...because if you do, you won't see a profit until the price goes up by 65%

By the way, I never claimed all of his speech was bad. When he talks about education being important, and entrepreneurial spirit...I agree. The problem is, he's too wrong in so many other crucial subjects, and there's tons of other good people who said the same thing before him.
edit on 5-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Every time there's a currency crisis there's a desperate, large government, pulling the strings.
I'm just saying..Governments historically print for all the crap they can't afford to do.
edit on 5-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Ya but we can't even do that (print) without the blessings of the FED. There have been presidents in the past who have attempted to circumvent their control and authority and, well, you know the rest.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by MrXYZ

Every time there's a currency crisis there's a desperate, large government, pulling the strings.
I'm just saying..Governments historically print for all the crap they can't afford to do.
edit on 5-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Obviously governments can play a role in a currency crisis...but the easy explanation is that people freak out and hedge against potential currency depreciation by buying something they believe won't depreciate for whatever reason. Obviously the amount of gold is finite, so it can't depreciate to the extent that currencies can because governments can just print more currency whenever they feel like it.

Right now, the US has massive debt against China. The Chinese have kept their currency "low" for years, and now the US has devalued their currency in an effort to help with the debt burden, boost exports (and because they just plainly #ed up during the crisis). The Euro's not all that peachy either, and you got a few countries trying keep their currency exchange rates low in an effort to boost their economy through exports. It's actually quite an interesting time for FOREX trading imo...

Some countries that aren't doing so badly (Switzerland for example) are in a crappy position as their currencies are at risk of appreciating...which would hurt their export industry.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

unless you buy gold from Beck's endorsed Goldline service...because if you do, you won't see a profit until the price goes up by 65%

I think it's the other way around, e.g. GOLDLINE endorses Beck. They pay big money to advert on his (et al) program and he is paid to talk them up. And I'll tell ya, they have some of the best deals out there, if you stay away from collectibles and semi-rare coins, you can pick up old currency or bullion for 10% over spot. AND.....Free Shipping.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

How bout discernment? How bout facts? How bout anything that proves your point?

Instead of pivot maneuvers created to obfuscate the problems?

Thanks for your heart warming life story - not. I'm not sure how that contributes.

I generally strive to provide quotes, links and erudite sources to support my position when engaging in debate. However, THIS THREAD is NOT a debate over facts. It is an opinion ping pong match and there are no wrong answers.

The OP presented a clip from a polarizing over zealous bigoted firebrand and wanted us to reinforce his misguided adoration. Just because I don't share the OP's blind allegiance doesn't make me wrong just contrary.

Are you clear on that Sherlock?
edit on 5-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Thanks Watson, yes I am clear on the facts.

When I make a mistake of observation, I respectfully acquiesce to my mistake.

How bout you? How bout the folks you read? How bout the sources you listen to?

The WHOLE problem with sourcing information is that OUR government is the GREATEST creator of propaganda ever developed. You have said it yourself. If you would like me to dig into your comments earlier, I will.

The WHOLE problem is, that you cannot and will not look beyond your ideology. PERIOD.

Problem is, that those on the liberal side want a more powerful government. You just do NOT realize that the government is HOW the corporations become so POWERFUL. Think about it, everyone of the banks that caused the problems in the first place (besides the idiots in government giving the loans) were BAILED OUT by the very same IDIOTS YOU back.

Sometimes I think you folks are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

Just EXPLAIN ONE THING TO ME. Why did YOUR buddy mr Barrack Obama allow all the banks that caused the problems in the first place, to get away with it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!??????

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I thought we were discussing Glenn Beck? Wow and you accuse me of misdirection.

Your inability to craft relevant and cogent thoughts are sadly compounded by your ability to type.

I see no reason to defend the current President simply because you request it. Start a new thread, perhaps I'll reply. But your wholesale generalization of me based on our few encounters makes me realize it that you project your very essence on others. This is not a zero sum game and you shouldn't feel you have to win every point.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Glenn Beck doesn't empower people, he deprives them of their ability for original thought. He accomplishes this through controlled repetition and preying on their vulnerabilities, distrust of others and above all, fear.

He is Chicken Little with a crew cut.

edit on 5-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Glenn Beck doesn't empower people, he deprives them of their ability for original thought.

Not to butt in on this dispute (seems there's some history there) but I respectfully disagree, K. If anything, I believe BECK has awakened a previously zoombied SHEEPLE, who have robotic-ly trudged through their routine, mundane lives, accepting whatever the GOV has decided. This whole Tea Party movement is inspiring, regardless of their porous aggregation or transcending ideologies. It's the recognition that the government is the real threat, and therefore those who continue to support the gov in their old ways. Is this the "change" PBO promised? No way - but it's refreshing to me.

In short, he is bringing people back to the values so long forgotten, on which this country was founded.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Just EXPLAIN ONE THING TO ME. Why did YOUR buddy mr Barrack Obama allow all the banks that caused the problems in the first place, to get away with it?

More Americans think Obama, Not Bush, Enacted Bank Bailouts, Poll Shows

Nearly half of Americans incorrectly think President Obama started the the bank bailout program, otherwise known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), a new poll shows.

Source of FACT

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (aka: the bank bail-out) was originated by GW Bush.

Are you delirious or simply confused?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join