It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Very large' fish kill reported in bay Cold believed cause for 2 million dead spot, croakers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

'Very large' fish kill reported in bay Cold believed cause for 2 million dead spot, croakers

www.baltimoresun.com

State officials say they are investigating a "very large" fish kill in the Chesapeake Bay, but suspect cold temperatures killed them, rather than any water-quality problems.

An estimated 2 million fish have been reported dead from the Bay Bridge south to Tangier Sound, according to the Maryland Department of the Environment, which investigates fish kills. The dead fish are primarily adult spot, with some juvenile croakers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Agency spokeswoman Dawn Stoltfus said bay water quality appears acceptable, and biologists believe "cold-water stress" the likely cause of the fish kill. Spot are susceptible to colder water, she said, and normally leave the upper bay by now. Water temperatures plummeted in late December to near-record lows for that time of year, about 36 degrees. The average air temperature last month was 32.4 degrees, 4.3 degrees below normal, and reached 16 degrees at its lowest, according to the National Weather Service.

Large winter kills of spot have been documented at least twice before, the MDE spokeswoman said, with about 15 million dying in early 1976 and a smaller number in 1980. Anyone wanting to report seeing dead fish can call 1-800-MDE-GOTO.

i just came across this. i did a search on google for the latest fish/bird death toll and was shocked to see 2 million poor fish souls have left the earth today...was it really the cold?! or another insidious act committed by the fish/foul killer??

www.baltimoresun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
in new zealand we have just had a massive fish die off
but they cant use the cold weather stress here as it does not get cold enough
i have seen a massive jump in die offs in the last few months
worldwide
i wounder if the chemtrails now finally have direct poisen instead of barium and aluminium?
maby they have shifted from soft slow kill to hard kill
and these die offs are testing dispersal tech
to many mass die offs
maby tptb can see they are losing controll
and want to cull the population now before they are arrested?

too many mass deaths to far apart to be accounted for IMHO

xp

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi just read this on that report,very strange it seems to be happening more

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

The date of death would have been helpful but I'm sure the Baltimore Sun didn't want to add to any panic. I wonder did they die on the 30th of December as well or was this a gradual death? 2 million is quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'd go down to the big river(the Rock River) that our city is named after to see if any dead fish are there, but that river is so full of toxic waste that I don't think fish have lived there in years.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I bet the biologists are paid government shills.
In Ontario, we have always very cold temps yet our fish don't die because of the cold, somehow i am not believing the official version of the claims anymore.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Guess I'll not get into, or near, the Ches. Bay. I live on it and the local news didn't report it. How funny it is. TPTB must've really screwed up with spraying chemicals. Didn't expect massive deaths?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Too late to edit the last post but...

I work at an museum in the aquarium dept. on the Elizabeth River, just beside the Ches. Bay. What's interesting, it that we get fresh city water from a lake to fill up our tanks. And we've lost more than half our stock of fish (mostly tropicals & stripers) within the last 2 weeks. I've also lost my fish at home. I live in another city, so it's not the same water. Coincidence? I think not...

Gov't chemicals? HAARP? Fracking? I'm completely unsure.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
OK ... WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

millions of animal dying from all over the world .. first it was bees ... now its bigger animal fish and birds ..

whos next .. humans ?

what could possibly be the cause of this mass dying

join