It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Hygiene

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

An excellent point - but you're not really talking about pH, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

An excellent point - but you're not really talking about pH, right?

Well, yes and no. Again, I'm not a doctor nor an expert, but what I believe is that A) the calcium in cow's milk isn't digested by humans and therefore is not useful to us, and B) it also raises the acidity level, so the body's defense is to use existing calcium to lower the pH level. In effect, milk CAUSES osteoporosis, instead of preventing it like the ads imply.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I see. Thanks!

I need to focus on this some more. It's hard for me to think in terms of milk not being good for us - unlearning something so ingrained from childhood on.

I've heard of lactose intolerance - but I always thought that was only certain individuals who lacked an enzyme.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

She ended up doing her own research and found the book Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond. She said that this book taught her about Natural Hygiene and carrying out the recommendations in the book made it possible for her to heal herself. Basically what it amounts to is a healthy diet.

I was inspired by this so I ordered a copy of the book.

I'm in the process of reading it now and I'm impressed with what it says about two things.

First - water. It says that our bodies are 70% water and that instead of focusing on drinking water to be healthy, we should eat foods that are high in water content: fruits and vegetables. The book is saying that our meals should be 70% raw fruits and vegetables - raw so that we don't kill the enzymes and nutrients.

Second - food combining. The book is saying that we should only eat one non-high water content food per meal. Those include meat, grains, and dairy. A cooked potato would also be included because when you cook it you remove the moisture from it. Anyway, it's saying the non-high water content foods are harder for us to digest and that's why we should only eat one per meal. The book focuses on the high amount of energy we consume digesting food, and the problem of putrefaction and fermentation when food doesn't get digested properly.

I think this stuff really interesting.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

My understanding from this document is that this doctor learned to view the symptoms of disease as the manifestation of the body ridding itself of toxins and that drugs are not healing - they only mask symptoms and then cause additional problems for the body.

I've just listened to a Red Ice Creations interview that I find inspiring: "Dr. Andrew Saul - The War on Vitamins & Nutrition". Saul talks about his experience treating disease with nutrition. I also like his website: DoctorYourself.com.

I have concluded that we need doctors for injuries but we're better off doctoring ourselves for diseases. This is because the pharmaceutical industry funds medical schools and their advertising funds medical journals.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

DoctorYourself.com

Wow this website is a good place to browse. I've been reading about diseases that I don't have, but am curious about what I would do if I did have one of them, and learning a lot about the power that we have in our own hands - despite what mainstream medicine and big pharma would have us believe. There are lots of links to click on to read about physicians who learned the hard way that what they were taught is just plain wrong, and then proceeded to teach themselves how to help their patients.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I've just listened to a Red Ice Creations interview that I find inspiring: "Dr. Andrew Saul - The War on Vitamins & Nutrition".

Here is Dr. Saul in a video:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join