It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Is Sending Border Officers from DHS to Help Secure Afghan-Pakistan Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Obama Is Sending Border Officers from DHS--Which Has Failed to Secure U.S.-Mexico Border--to Help Secure Afghan-Pakistan Border

www.cnsnews.com

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which by its own admission has thus far failed to control even half of America's nearly 2,000-mile-long border with Mexico, is now sending personnel to Afghanistan to help that country secure its border with Pakistan.

On a New Year’s visit to Afghanistan, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said there are now 25 Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CPB) personnel on the ground in Afghanistan. That number could reach 65 or more by the end of 2011, she said.

“We’re going to contribute numbers,
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You've got to be freaking kidding me.

I mean... really? The insanity has reached levels that are just indescribable. I just... have no words for this, it's just too crazy.

There's a freaking civil war in Mexico, 230 000 refugees + 3000 dead just in Juarez in 2010... right on the freaking border...with lots of Mexican mafia, cartels and Atzlan nuts doing human smuggling, drug smuggling, arms smuggling, ect... and that big swine Napolitano is sending border agents to FREAKING AFGHANISTAN? Really?

Someone in the new congress need to cut 100% of the budget of Homeland Security, fire that witch (burn her at the stake if necessary), and use that money to protect the US-Mexico border for real.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They need to institute and authorize military personnel that any illegal caught trying to come to our borders is shot on sight. Illegal immigration issue solved. Maybe put a land mine field covering the entire area of the desert. That would be a huge deterrent. Illegals coming across the the desert running into skeletons might make them think twice?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think this article was taken out of context.

Janet only sent 25 Agents. That will not secure
the border. But it is enough to start training
Afghans on how to keep their borders open
to drug trafficking, illegal immigrants, weapons
and human trafficking and a host of other
activities that we can't do here either.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That number could reach 65 or more by the end of 2011, she said.

What about they start securing the US border THEN they can talk about the Afghan border?

Napolitano can go to hell with her witch colleague, Pelosi.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I was wondering if something would start taking shape here soon. With the recent killing of one of the Govs there, I'm curious to see if it starts to get really hairy, really soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Its already a hairy issue. Folks need to wake up and understand that Mexico is a failed state. There is no way to put the pieces back together and it will just further spiral out of control. There is nothing that the government can do to stop what is going on and what it is is a war, plain and simple. There is currently an armed insurgency in Mexico and folks on this side of the border think its all about the dude cutting your grass and how that hurts some citizen who would like a job cutting grass.

The issue might get more attention with new dynamics in Congress, but thats doubtful.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Janet Napolitano, is (imho) a hypocrite, a liar,and a Traitor.
How can you tell anyone how to secure their borders
when your own borders are a pouring fountain of
murderous drug/weapons/human trafficking madness spilling over into your own Country ?
while your evil eye turns the other way.
How do you sleep at night ?
How do people like you live with yourselves ?
Our Founding Fathers must be rising from the grave,
in a NAZI flesh eating frenzy.And if they are not,
it's only because you've destroyed their corpses-
and are drinking Demon urine out of their skulls.
I've never felt more blood curdling evil from any one person in my life time
as I do from you, and the people like you. You are destroying our Childrens lives and Country
with your NAZI programs. I for one will not be a part of your
sick National pride/Patriot killing agenda.
The Great White Throne Judgement awaits you,
and I will be there waiting............ to kick your fat butt into the lake of fire.

(the views expressed here do not 'really' reflect any one persons feelings or thoughts)

Just say'n, Peace.

edit on America/Chicagopm2131America/ChicagoTue, 04 Jan 2011 19:29:21 -06001 3129 by BrainGarden because: to spell butt correctly

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hmmmmm......

I think perhaps she sent the wrong people. Instead of border officials I'm thinking the Afghan / Pakistan border is *truly* where the our legions of grope happy TSA workers could do the most good and apply their unique skill sets in new and exciting ways.

In addition to the TSA I further suggest that DMV workers be sent to lend their unique organizational and efficiency talents to the task.

Heck, I would even go as far as to nominate the entire TSA and DMV staff from my local airport and driver's license office to be in the first wave to hit the border. True and proud patriots that they are - I'm sure they'd jump at this chance to keep America safe!

edit on 4-1-2011 by Frogs because: left out the word "in" because I need a nap

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

That number could reach 65 or more by the end of 2011, she said.

What about they start securing the US border THEN they can talk about the Afghan border?

Napolitano can go to hell with her witch colleague, Pelosi.

Yes, and that 65 could be better put to use here in securing the US-Mexico border!!!

But, as Dolphin Fan mentions, there are too many "special interests" here that would prefer to have lower costs from the illegal immigrant front.

A sorry sham, I'm afraid until the US population begins to "feel" more deaths on this side.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Afghanistan is our territory now.

We should keep it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They need to learn geography better in america .. With obama being the first one sent to the class.. Then he would know there are only 50 states.. Newsflash obama afghanistan is NOT a state. So kindly put people on the u.s / mexico border where theyre needed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

They need to learn geography better in america.

Then he would know there are only 50 states.. Newsflash obama afghanistan is NOT a state.

You need a history lesson.

We started with 13 States and some territories. We've been expanding our territories for centuries now. In addition to territories the US has had Protectorates that may or may not be returned to former sovereignty. Existing States may not cede from the Union, however Territories and Protectorates may or may not be returned to thier prior sovriegnty as they are in a kind of trial statehood.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f24b9c145e29.jpg[/atsimg]

We are not broke at all.

We had to inject some cashflow into the system due to us expanding our borders and to make sure that world trade remains safe for everyone.
edit on 4-1-2011 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Sending border guards to train the Afghans is all fine. But it's not very empathic considering the situation in La Mehico. Besides, Special Forces probably would've done the job twice as well, while the 25-soo-to-be-65 could've been put to better use at the Mexico border.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
When the TSA starts sticking their hands down the pants of the primitive cave dwellers they're likely to get a much more natural unrestrained reaction to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It gets better:

Napolitano said U.S. civilians also are working to prevent “criminal activity in general, not just insurgency.” She mentioned drug smuggling and “bulk cash” smuggling and said the goal is to “intervene and disrupt.”

Napolitano said border protection in any country demands specific skills. “Policing at a border, border protection, is not the same as being say an inner-city police officer,” Napolitano said. “There are obviously different techniques involved, different tactics, different laws oftentimes, and so I think being able to participate and help design that training for this border (Afghanistan) is very important.”

Napolitano said border protection is crucial to establishing “legitimate trade” – and revenue -- which “needs to happen” in Afghanistan.

I am speechless at the fact that the US-Mexico border is less of a concern than the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. That is another couple of billion of dollars worth of protection which comes out of YOUR pockets!

I would laugh hard if they built a 40 foot wall and left the US border the same.

This is when Americans should think WTF!?!?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

In unrelated news, the CIA has openenings for 25-65 people.

Apply within.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
well I guess as long as they're securing A border, they are somewhat doing their job. right? haha

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Wow, just wow. Just when I thought that I'd see the worst that this site had to offer, you come along with this post.

I suppose you think that all illegals work for the Mexican cartels as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This further proves the government is willingly leaving the boarders open and furthermore working to integrate Mexico and the United States into one.

<<   2 >>

join