It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Communities are a good idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The bird and fish die offs across the globe,strange weather patterns,and a declining economy seems like a very good time for ATS members in a close radius should start to really look into forming some sort of survival ring.that will pass on current and up to date info any situation that is arising.

Maybe a local email listing of members in your area.so what ideas would you guys have for such a thing.I am in the denver/colorado springs area if anyone this way is intrested

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
not a bad idea, i am the slc ut area, any one else? i can build things out of wood chairs beds tables ect S$F why has no one thought of this??? congrats on do so

edit on 4-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
so you are not that far from here so we should talk more PM me

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

i would if i knew how???? just haven't got the hang of this site yet, still learning, so you PM me ok?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes I think they are great ideas, i just wonder how long it will be before they are either illegal, considered terrorist organizations, or considered cults.

If the powers that be can't get money from you, they will find a way to destroy you.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Indeed they are... That's why we are here.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
not trying to start a cult just something where if a situation x happens you could have a place to rest and regroup some reliable info because we all sleep and work at different times kinda like a group watch

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
not trying to start a cult just something where if a situation x happens you could have a place to rest and regroup some reliable info because we all sleep and work at different times kinda like a group watch

Hey man, I think it's an awesome idea!

I was just pointing out that the powers that be will do all they can to stop them from popping up, they can't make money if people aren't spending it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is a fantastic idea !! Im an ex military guy and I will tell you for the first time in my life im scared of whats going on around the world ...Im not the crazy type either that thinks everything you hear is going to happen !! But I will say in the last day or so i have decided to start collecting survival gear and taking time to keep informed daily ...even trying to determine a safe place to go weather by land or sea to keep my family safe if the time were to come....thats huge for me to say that...but our gov is not watching out for us were not in there big plan!!!We need to gather in large groups for survival if it came down to some extreme event.....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anyone in PA, MD, WV, VA pm me. I'd like to be in touch with others at the ready or getting ready to be self sufficient.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good idea good idea

You can count me in.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm in Idaho Falls, 3hr north of SLC. If anyone's forming up in our neck of the woods, PM me!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If you know the old saying"safety in numbers"now would be a good time to start to prepare for the worst and pray for the best.we all come here as community and have gotten some good info on different topics over a period of time.

So if knowledge is power lets empower ourselves.I am in the Denver/Co.springs area if you are intrested PM me

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
pm me please, i live about 2 hours from colorado springs, and my skills arent much, except i have many weapons a little medical knowledge and a knowledge of explosives.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Im in st.louis mo.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i remember an old saying "If this flag should fall, who among you will pick it up and lead" as one voice" WE SHALL" was the reply, so who among you shall pick up the flag?
edit on 5-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is a great idea tbh, I just wish I was state side to take advantage of such ideas.

There not really many places here in the UK you can go that means you would be more than 20 miles from a built up area such as a town or village. Unless you go to Scotland and then you are proper isolated with little in the way of supplies.

We have no fire arms, well none legal - guess if the shtf here it would be a case of head to the nearest large'ish Police dept and hope that the Armed Response units haven't locked their cars. I was watching a video on the tube a couple of nights ago about a walk-around in a US gun shop, my son and I were gobsmacked at what you can actually buy and how cheap it is.

Follow this through guys, its a worthy idea that would be a major bonus in the event of something bad happening.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

just wondering can you buy army surplus there in the uk? i would recommend you go do some shopping BNC suits, that is a bio nuke chem out fit also get the face mask, first aid kit, well i think if you on this survival thread you will find what one needs and were to get it, just got up so i am not all here yet.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

hahaha...yep we are pretty much screwed here in the UK if it did all kick off...like you say..no real places to get away to. Best plan I have come up with so far is to make sure that there is a way to get across the channel to france or something (only 21 miles from dover to calais)...BUSY shipping route but could be done in under an hour with a decent RIB... because lets face it, if tshtf I can't see them allowing people to just hop on Eurostar or grab a flight! At least once over there you have access to a HUGE landmass.

Thing is...people over here think you have some kind of paranoid mental problem if you talk about this sort of thing...not sure if it's naivity or what but people seem to put WAY too much trust in our government/police etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
This is a great idea tbh, I just wish I was state side to take advantage of such ideas.

There not really many places here in the UK you can go that means you would be more than 20 miles from a built up area such as a town or village. Unless you go to Scotland and then you are proper isolated with little in the way of supplies.

We have no fire arms, well none legal - guess if the shtf here it would be a case of head to the nearest large'ish Police dept and hope that the Armed Response units haven't locked their cars. I was watching a video on the tube a couple of nights ago about a walk-around in a US gun shop, my son and I were gobsmacked at what you can actually buy and how cheap it is.

Follow this through guys, its a worthy idea that would be a major bonus in the event of something bad happening.

I'm sure there are other ATS members in the UK start it up

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join