It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do the primitive white cultures live?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Since all the "easy" jokes have been taken, I will give a decently serious answer. A Music History professor of mine used to do research trips in the Appalachian Mountains. He "discovered" tribes of white settlers that had not changed one bit since the 16 and 1700s. He was amazed that they lived without electricity or modern conveniences, their religions, hymnals, and family structure were like a time warp. He heard songs and sermons that have long since been abandoned and only talked about in history books! He now returns every year to several villages in the mountains there, and it became his PhD project.

So, they do exist, probably right under our noses.

On another note, the first time I visited Defuniak Springs, FL, I thought I had entered Fred Flintstone's Walmart store. A large number of the people there had the cromagnum man foreheads and jawlines. It was amazing. My wife has family there, and it is now a running inside joke. They really do look like a throwback to earlier humans in that town! And I come from the "hillbilly" area of Arkansas and Missouri, so I know inbreeding, and this isn't inbreeding, this is anti-evolutionary!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syyth007
There are rural areas in the USA (and I'm sure rural areas in Australia, and Europe) where Caucasians choose to live quite primitively. Most other "primitive" cultures are still primitive because of geographical isolation, along with a lack of available resources. Caucasians came about in western Europe, with the advantages of cereal grains, cattle, sheep, and rich farmland. It enabled our culture to store food, so our ancestors didn't have to spend 100% of their time in search of food, allowing them to specialize in other technologies other then food.

While whites were not responsible for all of that...not sure what colour you could attach to Natufian, but I'm guessing Semitic or North African...
but I'm also guessing that a lot of the technical advancement in Europe had to do with adapting to a cold climate, or at very least a cold winter. Best check an Anthro 101 text.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by EssenSieMich

They live in trailer parks.

They're known as white trash.

Living in a trailer is an economic statement. Being trash is a moral one. Equating the two is ignorance.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just take a trip through my home state of Arkansas. Those not staring at the dead birds are eating all those 100,000 dead fish that just washed up. We're having trouble just making enough hush puppies to go with the good lords mightiful bounty. The earthquakes caused my cousin Chippers car to fall off the blocks in his front yard, but that's OK, after the fish fry were going to lift it off of him. Tornado's came through on January first and killed a whole mess of folk, but it put a new skillet in my yard so I'm already ahead for the year. My sister informed the family she's ready to marry and settle down, but I still have some first cousins I haven't been with so I said no. The local still exploded the other day and now you can't find a bottle of rubbing alcohol in this county, though no one here has ever really understood what rubbing alcohol was for. We'd rub that stuff on for hours at a time and never could get a buzz.

Come to Arkansas, you'll have no problem at all picking out the primitive white culture.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I see that the idea of 'white guilt' has been firmly embedded as axiomatic in many of the respondants here - not at all surprising considering that the whole history writing and publishing business was hijacked and taken over early last century........

Their first goal was to rewrite the history books, and they discussed at great length how to do that. They approached some of the more prominent historians of the time and presented to them the proposal that they rewrite history to favor the concept of collectivism, but they were turned down flat. Then they decided – and, again, these are their own words, “We must create our own stable of historians.” They selected twenty candidates at the university level who were seeking doctorates in American History. Then they went to the Guggenheim Foundation and said, “Would you grant fellowships to candidates selected by us, who are of the right frame of mind, those who see the value of collectivism as we do? Would you help them to obtain their doctorates so we can then propel them into positions of prominence and leadership in the academic world?” And the answer was “Yes.” So they gathered a list of young men who were seeking their doctorate degrees. They interviewed them, analyzed their attitudes, and chose the twenty they thought were best suited for their purpose. They sent them to London for a briefing. (In a moment I will explain why London is so significant.) At this meeting, they were told what would be expected if and when they win the doctorates they were seeking. They were told they would have to view history, write history, and teach history from the perspective that collectivism was a positive force in the world and was the wave of the future.
cont.....................www.freedomforceinternational.org...

The Men of the North

For the tens of thousands of years of the Würm glaciation, Paleolithic hunting tribes lived at the southern edge of the ice fields in Europe and Asia. About 10,000 years ago, as the last of the glaciers receded, some groups chose to follow the retreating ice northwards. While their cousins in the warmer regions to the south were smelting metal, these hardy tribes were knapping flint. While the southerners were inventing agriculture, slavery, and the ziggurat, the northerners were hunting large game in the chilly grasslands and forests of Central Asia and Northern Europe. One such group arose in the steppes of Central Asia, shifting to the Neolithic era by taming the horse and other livestock. These folk lived a nomadic existence, migrating in all directions during the last several millennia before the birth of Christ. For want of a better term, they are known as “Indo-Europeans”, in reference to the language group their descendents propagated throughout the western half of Eurasia. The Indo-European migrationsSome of the migrants turned south, invading, conquering, and taking up the ways of the city-states in the Indus Valley, Anatolia, and the Mediterranean basin. Other branches moved westwards and northwards, both in Europe and in Asia, displacing the indigenes and even opening up ice-free territory to humans for the first time
cont...............gatesofvienna.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Well, a hundred years ago you would have said "Irish" or "Polish."

primitive white cultures ????

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am seeing allot of references to de-evolution - to the examples of previously civilized groups of people who migrate into some area, and after many generations their offspring have de-evolved into inbred banjo playing illiterates. But this is missing the point. The question is where are the isolated indigenous pockets of white people who never developed beyond the primitive? Every other race has these primitive groups, except for the white race. Unless they have yet to be discovered, and if so, where would one best look?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustCurious1
America wasn't it?

Jokes aside,
with my very brief knowledge of history I would take a guess at it being because the "white man" was the race that suppressed others into servitude & slavery thus keeping other race's cultures back while we progressed.

You should try studying history a bit more.

Blacks forced and sold other blacks into slavery.

Whites held other whites as slaves as well.

Blaming whites for holding other cultures back is simply an exercise in stupidity.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I mentioned pockets of people in the Appalachian Mountains that are living like it is still 1670. See my post at the top of this page. They may not qualify as "indigenous" and they are still civilized, but they are completely isolated from the modern world, and not by choice like the Mennonites or Amish. They are isolated by geography, and they just didn't keep up with the progress of the rest of the U.S.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are no primitive white cultutres as you term it, not like the Africans or Australian Aborigines for example.

Go back around 50,000 + years or so and have a look at cromagnon man. The advent of white skin has only been a recent thing relativley speaking, and as I understand it current theorys holds white skin to be the result of our darker skinned cousing migrating and being exposed to less sun.

In short, go back more that 50,000 years or so and the white man did not exist. Not like he does today.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by Aeons
Well, a hundred years ago you would have said "Irish" or "Polish."

primitive white cultures ????

That's right. You should go read some of the things said about the Irish before this more "modern" time of people being all "white" now, and the US pushing the envelope on "white" culture that never existed. Truly enlightening.

Some of my Irish ancestors were shipped here as "White Niggers."

My father is only in his 50s, but even after the racial equity laws came about you could still find in Toronto signs that said, "Help Wanted. No Irish Need Apply." And that wasn't uncommon before that. You go read newspapers with help wanted ads, and you'll find the same thing advertized in them from a hundred years ago.

Yes - the Irish were indeed considered primitive trash. Prior to that, when people were selling slaves in the papers, the "white" slaves were Irish. And yes, if you go look at old newspapers, you will indeed find those advertizements in them.
edit on 2011/1/4 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

In their defense, the most ignorant hillbillies that I know almost invariably have copious amounts of Irish in their heritage. And I can say this because I'm a hillbilly with copious amounts of Irish in me.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

What about Inuit? They were in the coldest climate with the least sun, and they are still brown enough to be "native" looking.

American Indians are also a native "white" culture, and they still exist on Reservations in the US.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
New Jersey.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Civilized means you use more resources than necessary. Name one civilization that uses resources wisely and you will have the first true civilization. We are just a bunch of idiots using stored solar energy in the form of fossil fuels to increase our population beyond the capacity of our planet. When the fossil fuels run out how will this charade you call civilization survive? Pretty much all of europe was what you would call a primitive tribal society until the roman empire forced civilization into their minds and removed them from the web of life. I on the other hand think they were much more civilized and closer to sustainability when they did not have the ability to destroy the planet through pollution, deforestation, mining, and greenhouse gases. Not to mention the most brutal wars in recorded history that resulted in unheard of death counts. Is this what you call civilization?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
reply to post by vox2442

In their defense, the most ignorant hillbillies that I know almost invariably have copious amounts of Irish in their heritage. And I can say this because I'm a hillbilly with copious amounts of Irish in me.

Hillbillies are of Scot ancestry.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I remember from history class that there were tribes living in what we call Germany. Wasn't Attila the Hun a tribal leader? I don't know if you would classify Laplanders as white people. I know they used to live fairly primitive lives by our standards. Has the snowmobile entered their realm as well? I think there are probably examples all around us. I think it's pretty cool that there might be tribal white people around.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They live in the Southern United States. For example, norther Louisiana, pretty much all of Texas, most of the Carolinas, etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Everywhere i would say... I mean we are all still primitive in many ways.. Still got a long way to go yet.

Oh and whoever made the crack about Australia haha....uh na not really. We are moving along quite nicely. We can boast the fastest 3G wireless network in the world on the Telstra NextG network. In the city upto 42 mbps. Along with plans to run fibre to all australian homes direct in the next 5 years. Along with medical advancements way ahead of many other countries.
We contribute to science, technology, medicine, diplomacy, foreign aid and so on......
edit on 4-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Have to call you down on that. Australia has one of the worst internet networks in the world. Services are awful, that's not even touching on the Orwellian nature of Australian internet access. Which I'm sure you know all about.

Companies like Telstra would be considered 2nd rate in the Sahara desert, nevermind a Western Democratic nation.

The rest I will give you, but any suggestion Australia has a good internet service is not just wrong, its out and out insane.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

I see that the idea of 'white guilt' has been firmly embedded as axiomatic in many of the respondants here - not at all surprising considering that the whole history writing and publishing business was hijacked and taken over early last century........

Really? Why don't you highlight these examples of white guilt, because oddly enough, nobody else sees it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join