It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Pakistan Governor Official Killed By His Own Guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The governor of Pakistan's powerful Punjab province has been killed by one of his own guards at a market in the capital Islamabad, police have said.

Mr Taseer was a high-profile member of Ms Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party and a close associate of President Asif Ali Zardari, Ms Bhutto's widower. He was vocal on a range of subjects, including speaking out against the country's blasphemy law in recent days. Interior Minister Rehman Malik claimed the governor was probably killed because he opposed that law.

Full Story w/video

Do you think the guard was acting on his own or there is more dark forces behind the scenes going on here? Correct me if Im wrong here, but isn't he or wasn't he rather, one of the good guys?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This bodyguard was most likely influenced by others with a destabilising agenda for Pakistan.I see this incident having wider effects on the country,sort of like the Archduke Ferdinand in the lead up to WW1.Bad news for Pakistan ,bad news for the world.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was gonna ask if maybe he was a " spy " of some sort? Sounds very curious to me. This could be Very bad!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes, I don't feel very good about it either really. There has to be some sort of huge ripple effect from this one. The question is, what is it going to trigger off?
edit on 4-1-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
am guessing it is related to the new 'shift' in power ...

The second largest party in Pakistan's ruling coalition said Sunday it is quitting the government and joining the opposition, depriving the country's pro-U.S. government of a parliamentary majority and throwing its future into doubt.

source: www.heraldtribune.com...
sounds like the whole country is about to experience a 'change' no one expected.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
First off, its once again all that Muslim crap so who cares, but on the other hand, its already being suggested that their was a more sinister plot:

We will see whether it was an individual act or weather someone had asked him to do it,

If speculation suggests that " someone " had him do it, then there could be coup. But very unlikely, for the simple reason that this shooting was about a guard who didn't like that his boss opposed the blasphemy law. Saying bad things about Mohamed? Goodness gracious me, not bad things about Mohamed, the one who promotes death! Oh No!

Surah 2;7 Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.

surah 9:5 And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush.

Surah 9:14 Fight them; Allah will punish them by your hands and will disgrace them and give you victory over them and satisfy the breasts of a believing people

Peaceful religion huh? Not quite~

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm going to toss a few links into this thread - as there are several relevant to it. Most of them right here on ATS.

First there is an existing thread on it here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which pulls from this article ...

Leading Pakistani politician slain by own guard

Which actually has info from the killer himself saying why he did it...

ISLAMABAD — The governor of Pakistan's powerful Punjab province was shot dead in the capital Tuesday by one of his guards, who told interrogators afterward that he was angry about the politician's stance against the country's blasphemy law, officials said.
An intelligence official interrogating the suspect, identified as Mumtaz Qadri, told The Associated Press that the bearded elite force police commando was boasting about the assassination, saying he was proud to have killed a blasphemer.

As for the blasphemy laws a discussion on those is covered in this thread..

"Pakistanis rally over blasphemy law"

The short version - in Pakistan you can currently be killed (by law) for blasphemy against Islam. However, there have recently been discussions about easing these laws. There have been demostrations in Pakistan to keep the death penalty for blasphemy .

Aside from if blasphemy should (or should not) carry a death penalty there have been cases where the laws were used to settle scores. For example, are you angry at your neighbor?? Just say he (or she ) committed blasphemy!

This may have very well have been the case of a Christian woman who got into an argument with other women and is now awaiting executing for blasphemy in Pakistan as covered in these threads..

new topics

top topics

join