It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is sodomy a crime? Is it anti-gay?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
“So, my question is, what "is" sodomy?”

WOW emmmm sodomy is the act of one man inserting his penis into another man’s or womans anus. Gay sex is not illegal in most of the developed western world.

Just as well you found us because you seem to have allot of ignorance needing to be denied.

This is your thread, I will always remember you for that line “what is sodomy”

edit on 4-1-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

You state gay sex is not illegal in most of the developed western world. Sodomy also covers anal sex between members of opposite sex. These acts are illegal in certain countries. Many people would be shocked to learn this. It is usually laughed at because its a silly law that cannot be proven unless there is some unfortunate incident like happened in this case.

There was a great deal of sexual education for people growing up in the 70's and 80's. I feel this has now been replaced by a great deal of exposure to sex which is greatly lacking in education for young people today.

Sodomy is also a very 'old' word which younger people would not be familar with.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
Anyway, thanks all for the replies. I didn't google anything, other than the link of the news story, I knew what sodomy was, I just could not understand how/why he was bing charged with it, unless gay sex is a criminal act, and now, I guess at least for this state, it is. If it was nonconsensual, then it would be rape, and he is not being charged with rape. I just had no idea homosexual acts were a crime these days.

it looks like it is still illegal in about 60-70 countries across the planet. it is not illegal in the US anymore. they can charge him with sodomy. it will make great newspaper headlines. people will be able to gossip about and raise their eyebrows. the fact is he cannot and will not be found guilty of commiting sodomy in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

no.... no .... no you didn't...

And I quote...

So, my question is, what "is" sodomy?

As long as it is consensual between 2 adults, the govt. should PISS OFF!! Who does this police state think it is, telling 2 adults what they can and can't do sexually..

JESUS!!! - It is going to take decades to erase the damage that religious prudes have done to our society.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join