It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to achieve Superpowers or Mystic Yoga Perfections.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05d872a4e916.jpg[/atsimg]

A while ago there where a lot of threads on ATS about this topic. Here I will bring to you what Sri Krishna famous from the Bhagavad Gita and the Vedas has to tell about it.

vedabase.net...

SB 11.15.1: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Uddhava, the mystic perfections of yoga are acquired by a yogi who has conquered his senses, steadied his mind, conquered the breathing process and fixed his mind on Me.

In the first hymn we might have already a unsurpassable barrier for normal mortal humans. Have you conquered your senses?

SB 11.15.3: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: The masters of the yoga system have declared that there are eighteen types of mystic perfection and meditation, of which eight are primary, having their shelter in Me, and ten are secondary, appearing from the material mode of goodness.

So we have numerous Superpowers aviable the eight main perfections are known as Siddhis.

SB 11.15.4-5: Among the eight primary mystic perfections, the three by which one transforms one's own body are anima, becoming smaller than the smallest; mahima, becoming greater than the greatest; and laghima, becoming lighter than the lightest. Through the perfection of prapti one acquires whatever one desires, and through prakamya-siddhi one experiences any enjoyable object, either in this world or the next. Through isita-siddhi one can manipulate the subpotencies of maya, and through the controlling potency called vasita-siddhi one is unimpeded by the three modes of nature. One who has acquired kamavasayita-siddhi can obtain anything from anywhere, to the highest possible limit. My dear gentle Uddhava, these eight mystic perfections are considered to be naturally existing and unexcelled within this world.

The secondary ones are achieved by satva guna and a description of the modes of nature is here:vedabase.net...

The secondary Perfections are more easy to get:

SB 11.15.6-7: The ten secondary mystic perfections arising from the modes of nature are the powers of freeing oneself from hunger and thirst and other bodily disturbances, hearing and seeing things far away, moving the body at the speed of the mind, assuming any form one desires, entering the bodies of others, dying when one desires, witnessing the pastimes between the demigods and the celestial girls called Apsaras, completely executing one's determination and giving orders whose fulfillment is unimpeded.

SB 11.15.8-9: The power to know past, present and future; tolerance of heat, cold and other dualities; knowing the minds of others; checking the influence of fire, sun, water, poison, and so on; and remaining unconquered by others -- these constitute five perfections of the mystic process of yoga and meditation. I am simply listing these here according to their names and characteristics. Now please learn from Me how specific mystic perfections arise from specific meditations and also of the particular processes involved.

How to achieve one siddhi? In the link I gave there is the description of each Siddhi and how to attain it.
Like in my case I do meditate on Narayan the supreme ruler so by time I should attain Vasita-Siddhi to be
unimpeded be the three modes of nature "Satva (Goodness) Rajas ( Passion) and Tamas (Ignorance)".
But this perfections are attain by constant meditation so in my case, I would say maybe in the next live or maybe in hundreds

This perfections are called also inpediments be Lord Krishna:

SB 11.15.33: Learned experts in devotional service state that the mystic perfections of yoga that I have mentioned are actually impediments and are a waste of time for one who is practicing the supreme yoga, by which one achieves all perfection in life directly from Me.

But I would love to have just one perfection of these.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, it is fascinating.

Did the anchient Hindu really have a word for "atomic" as in this quote:

SB 11.15.12: I exist within everything, and I am therefore the essence of the atomic constituents of material elements. By attaching his mind to Me in this form, the yogi may achieve the perfection called laghima, by which he realizes the subtle atomic substance of time.

Fascinating.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ah, achieving Godhead. I was on this path once. Until I realized it wasn't the end all be all.

All of these things can be attained through meditation, yoga, breathing, chant, and a few other pathways...
www.angelfire.com...

These increase the flow of prana through the chakra system and lead to the rising of Kundalini. Once you bring the serpent to the crown, all siddhis reveal themselves. Of course, anyone can attain this.

I dabbled in meditation myself and acquired a few siddhis. This website contains specific siddhi related meditations, it's the purest, no bull source. www.angelfire.com...

This also involves lots of energy directing, not just saying some name or praying...

BEWARE: All paths to this seeming enlightenment worship one character or another. In your scripture it's Hindu characters, in the website I listed it is Pagan Gods/Enki/Satan. When you realize these are all nefarious ETs who don't have your best interest in mind, the game changes. Worship is only giving your power away. It is a form of energetic vampirism.

I left this path because of the above reasons and the realization that this is only 4D enlightenment. In less than 2 years Earth will become a 5D planet. We are entering an entirely new, grander, paradigm. All these 4th dimensional concepts of enlightenment will fall away by 2013.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I love it: Battling Gurus. Your enlightenment needs an adjustment...here let me help you kind o' stuff. Please tell folk, y'all, that the majority of these experiences are just things experienced in the mind thru directed and enhanced imagination.

It is refreshing to hear someone admit to the worship of entities, or the entity embodied by a yogi/guru, in these practices as a precursor to experience. That's generally left out of what you hear from earnest practitioners.

Not to say that there isn't real phenomena in some of this, so yeah, I believe flowers and cheap baubles can probably sometimes materialize, but what profit that?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

O thanks for the reply. They do translate it word by word if you select the numeration like here vedabase.net...

But Sanskrit is a lenguage where one word can have many different meanings so is plenty space for different interpretations.

It was discussed here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I like the Gaudiya Vaisnava Bhakti Yoga system.
It was one of the 1st spiritual paths that appealed to me, and made sense.
I was even a bramacharya for a while at New Vrindaban.

Interesting times, sometimes I miss them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Ah, achieving Godhead. I was on this path once. Until I realized it wasn't the end all be all.

All of these things can be attained through meditation, yoga, breathing, chant, and a few other pathways...
www.angelfire.com...

These increase the flow of prana through the chakra system and lead to the rising of Kundalini. Once you bring the serpent to the crown, all siddhis reveal themselves. Of course, anyone can attain this.

I dabbled in meditation myself and acquired a few siddhis. This website contains specific siddhi related meditations, it's the purest, no bull source. www.angelfire.com...

This also involves lots of energy directing, not just saying some name or praying...

BEWARE: All paths to this seeming enlightenment worship one character or another. In your scripture it's Hindu characters, in the website I listed it is Pagan Gods/Enki/Satan. When you realize these are all nefarious ETs who don't have your best interest in mind, the game changes. Worship is only giving your power away. It is a form of energetic vampirism.

I left this path because of the above reasons and the realization that this is only 4D enlightenment. In less than 2 years Earth will become a 5D planet. We are entering an entirely new, grander, paradigm. All these 4th dimensional concepts of enlightenment will fall away by 2013.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

You think that worshiping the godhead described in the Vedas
like Narayan or Vishnu is like worshiping a gray?
But In the illusion that is our world there is plenty
space for different opinions.

reply to post by The GUT

I love it: Battling Gurus. Your enlightenment needs an adjustment...here let me help you kind o' stuff. Please tell folk, y'all, that the majority of these experiences are just things experienced in the mind thru directed and enhanced imagination.

It is refreshing to hear someone admit to the worship of entities, or the entity embodied by a yogi/guru, in these practices as a precursor to experience. That's generally left out of what you hear from earnest practitioners.

Not to say that there isn't real phenomena in some of this, so yeah, I believe flowers and cheap baubles can probably sometimes materialize, but what profit that?

Battling Gurus? Well myself is not a Guru and I am also not in any particular school of any kind.
I am inclined to vaishnavism by my own nature.
Would you have asked me ten years before I would have ansewered I am Atheist.
Nevermind what you call cheap baubles are for others crack weed extacy hash lsd or mushrooms. My meditation can be as equal as intense. So let me ask you are you on any of these?

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: gr

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Hello there, glad to hear that you where able to visit Vrindaban. I still have that wish of become a brahmcari. But I have strong feelings for my wife and childs so it is difficult.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11
reply to post by Mayura

Nevermind what you call cheap baubles are for others crack weed extacy hash lsd or mushrooms. My meditation can be as equal as intense. So let me ask you are you on any of these?

Okay, I like you--good sense o' humor and you made me laugh. In answer to your question: Not lately. Might be why I get cranky and want to crack on a thread every once in awhile.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

reply to post by Mayura

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I like you--good sense o' humor and you made me laugh. In answer to your question: Not lately. Might be why I get cranky and want to crack on a thread every once in awhile.

Peace

So you where after a target and you get a good laugh out of it.
Well thats not bad I do it also sometimes. But you arent on Shugga?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

Okay...shugga and mucho coffee today. Dang...busted

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Beside we are drifting apart
this is about Superpowers and here is another site talking about it:

www.theholisticcare.com...

Because for Siddhis you need to have practitioned Ashtanga-yoga for 60000 years like in Satya-yuga where humans live longer, today they are almost impossible.

5. Many of the 8 major Siddhis are not possible at all at the present age (Kali Yuga), when the body and mind of the vast majority are not fit enough. Even today there are several Siddhas who have the power to perform some of the Siddhis. When people approach them to do this and that, they hide themselves or generally say:—“I do not know.” They are not much particular about these Siddhis. Their aim is to ignore these as unreal and aspire to reach the highest. They are the only real Yogins. Many are able to use some powers and they do not know how they are able to do them.

So its like that if you want to develope a Siddhi in this life you must almost be a yogic supertalent.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thank you for the expanse - it had been sometime since I took meditation seriously. This is a wonderful reminder of our actual potential that might be closer to our cusp than we think.

If I knew then conflict was myth I would not know myth.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05d872a4e916.jpg[/atsimg]

And get to be THAT guy? No thanks, you can count me out!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Do you mean the one whose head is being cutting off, or the Hulk like one?

This hulk like guy is not one performing Siddhi he is a deamon created by
Shiva in the Daksha-agni sacrifice.And the one being his head cut off is Daksha.
But dont worry for Daksha later he becomes from Shiva the head of a Goat.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Pretty cool you are laying out way to enlighten some with their spiritual abilities. Some are natural and can experience these things why others seem not to be receptive to these abilities that would only strenthen them in battle against demons. In so many ways all one has to do is take time to themselves and concentrate on their surroundings to find their true potentials. Many do not possess the patience or devotion to want to help. Thank you for sharing these ways of energizing ones spirit. It seems since some are so attached to this 3d realm they cannot consider their other parts and they may just be younger souls who must take the WALK through -neither- to experience how effective these types of teachings can help them.

My favorite is manifesting into large celestial vessel to interact with celestial objects. So in many ways these abilities can effect the 3d realm its just again some are younger souls and need -NEITHER WALK FIRST-

S&F
edit on 1/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

i have heard that practicing these arts and discovering their 'powers' can be 'distractions' to attaining enlightenment... however, could there not be a situation where these skills could be used to save people, maybe whole nations? i don't know, but i beleive the talk among very wise men is that these practices are 'distractions' from enlightenment...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty cool you are laying out way to enlighten some with their spiritual abilities. Some are natural and can experience these things why others seem not to be receptive to these abilities that would only srenthen them in battle against demons. In so many ways all one has to do is take time to themselves and concentrate on their surroundings to find their true potentials. Many do not possess the patience or devotion to want to help. Thank you for sharing these ways of energizing ones spirit. It seems since some are so attachrd to this 3d realm they cannot consider their other parts and they may just be younger souls who must talk the WALK through -neither- to experience how effective these types of teachings can help them.

My favorite is manifesting into large celestial vessel to interact with celestial objects. SO in many ways these abilities can effect the 3d realm its just again some are younger souls andneed -NEITHER WALK FIRST-
S&F

First of all thanks

The battle against deamons is mostly a battle from inside. For take some action against those you should be in a solitary place. Or your surroundings will think you have an epilectical attack or something.
By knowing the modes of nature like where to be it can help a lot. Most deamons hate satva guna.
It was not my intention to enlighten someone this was meant for people on ATS who I know they are already advanced in the spiritual path.

The eight primary siddhis are mostly out of our reach in this material plain but I had some expirence two years ago when I was more centred, with knowing what would happen in one to five minutes in the future . It was awesome!

But I got a wife and sience then you know the rest

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: boxes

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: boxes again

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Well for someone who is a Vaishnava and practices Bhakti yoga it is a distraction and a waste of time.
By directing love to the supreme godhead you are directing your attention to the most perfect being in the existence. It is a waste of time because:

It is common sense that whatever is a useless waste of time should be given up; therefore one should not pray to God for mystic yoga perfections. For a pure devotee, who has no material desire, even impersonal liberation is a useless disturbance in his life, and what to speak of the material perfections of yoga, which cannot even be compared to impersonal liberation. Such mystic perfections may be wonderful for an immature and inexperienced person, but they are not impressive for a learned man who has understood the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Simply by obtaining Lord Krishna one dwells within an infinite ocean of mystic opulences; therefore he should not waste precious time pursuing separate mystic perfections.

vedabase.net...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think what is known as the The eight primary siddhis are more related to the spirit within and the closer this 3d plane approaches the next plane these materializations can and will occure in good and evol forms on the EA in 3d density. So in some ways people may see real dragons and demons Angels walking dead ect manifest easier. As of now its not a full connection between the 3d realm and the Kingdom but the more the demons push to bring forth their king into this realm the more the Kingdom will be able to influence this EA 3d allowing the kingdom and its inhabitants to assist 3dEA more in its advancment. Its like the more conscious people are the eaiser it is for the inhabitants of EA to materialize what is hidden within their minds/souls/spirits
edit on 1/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join