It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting back to this $2.3 Trillion missing announcement on September 10th, 2001

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

Nope, the information wasnt destroyed on 9/11/01. It was still there and as of April 2002, they had narrowed the amount of transactions that needed more documentation to under 700 billion and dropping as they updated the computers and discovered accounting errors.

700 billion. like, where have I heard that number before? oh yeah, the bailout. yeah still alot of money. Though I hardly believe your statement about them recovering the money via accounting errors..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

Have you ever taken an accounting class? Cause a lot of it was basic accounting errors.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
OP poster here.. The fact remains, an amount of money that large missing, being reported as unaccounted for, transactions as they called it. The very day before 9/11... It's just one of the many weird coincidences on 9/11.

What exactly put it in Rumsfeld's mind to accidentally say that flight 93 was "shot down", instead of allegedly taken down by passengers? If it wasn't shot down, why would that little slip even have popped out? I didn't hear any other planes that day being "shot down". When was the last time a commercial plane was "shot down"? Why did flight 93 have a 4 mile debris field? Why did The Pentagon's damage resemble nothing of the size of a major airline impact? Why was building 7 not in the 9/11 Commission Report? Why was Norman Mineta's testimony about the VP's incoming messages regarding a plane's orders left out? What about all this molten metal months later?

Please... ideas?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I dunno but it looks like people's reading comprehension skills are totally and completely missing here. Its as if you need to suspend basic reading comp skills and basic critical thinking skills in order to keep a dead road kill of a conspiracy idea. I'm not trying to insult any ATS members, but man oh man, people come on! I want any ATS member who believes that Rumsfeld said that $2.3 trillion is missing, to show me exactly where he states that in quotes.

The quote has been posted before, so go back to it, and point to me specifically exactly where in the quote one can extrapolate such a claim. Because as far as I and anyone with their reading comprehension skills in order can read it and understand what it is saying, that the Pentagon's accounting system is outdated and old, and hard to keep track of such sums of transactions. I dare anyone to try and say that isnt so. And not try and twist to mean anything else, but that. You know, if this was on a reading comprehension test, I can see about 99% of the TM failing it. Why is it that so many in the TM are showing such poor reading comprehension skills? Its getting very frustrating that such ignorance is being almost encouraged, and praised, rather than shunned.

So, back to my challenge, show me the exact quote or part of the quote where Rumsfeld said $2.3 trillion is missing, and no, saying that it is being implied or alluded or innuendo is not going to cut it. Geeze 99% of the TM is based on innuendo, and allusions,

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
OP poster here.. The fact remains, an amount of money that large missing, being reported as unaccounted for, transactions as they called it. The very day before 9/11... It's just one of the many weird coincidences on 9/11.

The actual fact remains that money was not missing, but that they were having problems tracking transactions between various outdated systems.

Zakheim Seeks To Corral, Reconcile 'Lost' Spending
By Gerry J. Gilmore American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, Feb. 20, 2002 -- As part of military transformation efforts, DoD Comptroller Dov S. Zakheim and his posse of accountants are riding the Pentagon's financial paper trail, seeking to corral billions of dollars in so-called "lost" expenditures.
For years, DoD and congressional officials have sought to reconcile defense financial documents to determine where billions in expenditures have gone. That money didn't fall down a hole, but is simply waiting to be accounted for, Zakheim said in a Feb. 14 interview with the American Forces Information Service. Complicating matters, he said, is that DoD has 674 different computerized accounting, logistics and personnel systems.
Most of the 674 systems "don't talk to one another unless somebody 'translates,'" he remarked. This situation, he added, makes it hard to reconcile financial data.

Billions of dollars of DoD taxpayer-provided money haven't disappeared, Zakheim said. "Missing" expenditures are often reconciled a bit later in the same way people balance their checkbooks every month. The bank closes out a month and sends its bank statement, he said. In the meanwhile, people write more checks, and so they have to reconcile their checkbook register and the statement.

DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop.
"We're getting it down and we are redesigning our systems so we'll go down from 600-odd systems to maybe 50," he explained.

You say "The very day before 9/11", when it's been proven that this was actually known since 1999. Rumsfeld personally made at least 4 other references to this prior to 9/10/2001. And several others were made before his crew was even in office.

Here's an AP article from March 4, 2000 -- Link

Pentagon's finances in disarray Money managers make adjustments of nearly $7 trillion
By JOHN M. DONNELLY
Associated Press writer
WASHINGTON - The military's money managers last year made almost $7 trillion in adjustments to their financial ledgers in an attempt to make them add up, the Pentagon's inspector general said in a report released Friday.
The Pentagon could not show receipts for $2.3 trillion of those changes, and half a trillion dollars of it was just corrections of mistakes made in earlier adjustments.

I hope you are not attempting to be dishonest here, because it won't work. Or are you not paying attention?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So has it all been accounted for? I don't know about anyone else, but when I can't account for some of my transactions in my checkbook or whatever, until I can account for it, it is Missing!.. In all honestly, every few years we hear about this kind of thing happening. I agree with stigup that it's a good source of funding various black ops and what not..

articles.sfgate.com...

www.commondreams.org...

With all due respect, do you believe all the reasons for such things that are told to us by the government? Do you thing the twenty-somethings these days will still get their social security when they retire?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Does nobody understand the critical importance of strong internal controls and accurate accounting + auditing?

Poster who said we need better critical thinking please read my previous post, it was very critically thought out.

It is my personal belief that all sectors of the government must be accountable for everything they do, not only so that the citizens or "shareholders" can trust their government but financial accounting also benefits the government by making things more efficient, showing leaks and gaps so they can improve controls and many other things.

The many business failures because of accounting/auditing malpractice should prove to each of you how important this issue is, especially when the corporation is the government, the shareholders is the population, and the amount of money in the mix is in the trillions.

I heard a quote saying Canada has one of the most profitable healthcare systems in the world but it is plagued with lack of accountability and many inefficiencies (I don't know where I heard it I will try to find it). Just another example of how important financial statements are.

Edit: Let's say the 9/11 link is questionable.... isn't this still a massive problem?
edit on 5-1-2011 by ThisIsMyName because: more info

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Can someone please point me to evidence that everything pertaining to the $ 2.3 trillion was in the devasted part of the Pentagon ? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

GenRadek, this is one of the many videos discussing the unaccounted money and much more..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Watched it and just as I suspected, same old tripe being rehashed, and yet no mention of the trillions missing as in vanished. Just the same poor reading and listening comprehension skills being used to create something out of nothing.

There is a difference between opening up a safe and finding the money missing, and saying that due to crappy and old financial computing systems, we are having a hard time keeping track of $2.3 trillion of financial transactions and accounting changes.

If you want a simpler way of understanding it, its as if they need to do a computer disk defrag to clear up the mess and make the system run faster and more smoothly, rather than having all the files and space cluttered up and out of whack.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Even more interesting was Tina Jonas (Department of Defense Comptroller) wouldn't tell Congress the name of the company who has the $20 Billion/year contract to fix the Pentagon Financial Systems!

Then she says she can't remember the name! And this is the Comptroller of the Pentagon! This is ALL SHE DOES. This is her job, and she says she can't remember? She also says she wants to say it "off the record". Really?

This would be like a football coach saying he can't remember the name of his star quarterback!

Watch @ 3:42 where that exchange begins (or watch the whole thing - it's really good)

edit on 5-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I find it odd that the WTC bombing in 1993 occurred just two days before the Waco siege on Feb. 28, 1993. It is almost like the two stories are taking the heat off each other. Sort of like when a politician gets a question he can't answer, he plays "hot potato." I don't know, but I think it's beyond coincidence that these major events happen so close to each other. The 2.3 trillion happening a day before 9/11 and then the pentagon getting attacked, that's too coincidental.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The 2.3 trillion happening a day before 9/11 and then the pentagon getting attacked, that's too coincidental.

Are you just simply not reading the replies in this thread? This fallacy keeps getting repeated, it's been proven over and over that this did NOT happen the "day before 9/11". There are articles that date from 2000 about this matter which was first talked about in 1999.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

As I said before, reading comprehension is an enemy to the TM. That is why it is verboten. That is why we are having people repeating the same garbage over and over because they refuse to read the words correctly and comprehend the text before them, in order to continue this lie of $2.3 trillion missing. I think they should bring back reading comprehension to schools so nonsense like this can be nipped in the bud, before allowing it to spread like a weed.

Its happened with the stupid "pull it" quote. Its happened with eyewitness accounts. Now its happening here with this $2.3 trillion thing. People just dont have the reading comprehension skills like they used to. And now its as if they purposely refuse to do it right, just so they can believe in a mirage or a dream. Screaming about something that just isnt there, no matter how much they think it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Ok Dude,you are a smart m%&#%$%&(*@er. We get it. Crystal. A point over and over in this thread is runaway spending in the DEFENCE BUDGET. There in no doubt to anybody that can READ that the said BLACK PROJECTS have a big gash and they are sucking huge amounts of money and because of their nature the huge amounts of money cant be tracked...

I was in the military when Ronald Reagan took office. He cut the Defence spending. Seriously, it took hours of paper work and time spent jumping through hoops to get bathroon supplies for the fire dept. at Homestead AFB..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I ran across this earlier in the day:

Dov S. Zakheim

According to this Zakheim was able to eventually account for all but 10% of the total 2.6 (not 2.3) trillion. Take it as you like - not sure if its true or not but its in the public record now.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How could DOD lose track of $2.3 Trillion in transactions in 1 year alone....

When Congress was only budgeting them half a Trillion annually then to run on?

There's the bigger question. How could DOD have that much money moving around in 1 year when that amount alone was almost 3 years of Congressional Funding???????????????

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
How could DOD lose track of $2.3 Trillion in transactions in 1 year alone....

It makes you wonder if there isn't a StarGate Daedalus spaceship being built out in the desert using misappropriated funds. In all seriousness though it was probably an issue with the systems - I know they once spent $500,000,000 on a software system which was never delivered. Anything that involves technology the government has a serious blind spot for - they spent $20,000,000 for the stimulus website which did nothing more than format data from a database in to HTML (and poorly at that).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

speaking of heat and coincidence, Whitewater and O.J. Simpson Ta-da...yep the records of $2.3 T burried in Bldg 7

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Blame it on the HIJACKED PLANE? How rediculous!

They lost 2.3 trillion and when the financial and audit section's computers were destroyed by the hi-jacked plane and they expect us to believe that the government didn't "Back-Up" their information in a secure way for DISASTER RECOVERY at another geographical location?

I say this is BS; I bet the IRS wouldn't claim this weak excuse for losing data.

If you believe this blatant disinformation, then I have alot of ocean-front property to sell you!

Just rediculous for Rumsfield to offer this weak excuse. Where's the money? And if they lost it, some heads need to roll for not making-sure the transaction data wasn't backed-up to a safe location just for this purpose.

Do they think we are that stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join