Getting back to this $2.3 Trillion missing announcement on September 10th, 2001

page: 1
14
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Everyone's seen the latest arguments being presented about the building 7 mystery, which has even made it into the MSM by such hosts as Geraldo and Judge Napolitano. It's about time, in my opinion. But it seems to me that the announcement by Rumsfeld of $2.3 trillion missing the day before 9/11 is the biggest coincidence of all. Quick vid...

www.youtube.com...

In 2001, the United States GDP was $10,075,900,000,000 (NationMaster.com), therefore $2.3 trillion missing is roughly 23% of the nation's GDP at that time. Almost a quarter of the world's largest GDP, missing. Not only the perfect time to make said announcement, but if you want to keep the heat off the situation, go ahead and announce it the day before an event that resulted in the biggest loss of life in american history on US soil since the Civil War (am I missing something here - I think Pearl Harbor had less casualties)... And the last time I checked, the Pentagon is a pretty big building, so the fact that the damaged area happened to be the Financial management and audit office is too questionable to me.

Just wanted to see some other ideas on this...




posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Maybe a better question is, why make the announcement at all?

I would imagine that the government would be better suited to either audit it's own accounting in this case before making any announcement about it, just to make sure, and whatever kind of error occurred, whether benign or otherwise, just keep it on the down low. Americans generally have never know what happens with money that the government controls.

Rumsfeld just has a big mouth.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski
 



$2.3 Trillion was not missing. The issue was with tracking transactions properly as was well known in the years prior to 9/11.



In fiscal 1999, a defense audit found that about $2.3 trillion of balances, transactions and adjustments were inadequately documented. These "unsupported" transactions do not mean the department ultimately cannot account for them, she advised, but that tracking down needed documents would take a long time. Auditors, she said, might have to go to different computer systems, to different locations or access different databases to get information.


The actual quote from Rumsfeld was :


The technology revolution has transformed organizations across the private sector, but not ours, not fully, not yet. We are, as they say, tangled in our anchor chain. Our financial systems are decades old. According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Alright, so 2,300,000,000,000 isn't missing... they just don't know what or where they spent it. The fact that the "plane" hit the Pentagon in that specific location means that they can't account for it since the databases have been destroyed (sorry no source on this so "potentially destroyed"? can someone confirm?). So if indeed the databases for the said transactions are destroyed then the 2.3 trillion cannot be accounted for so for all we know it is either M.I.A, spent questionably or....



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist
The actual quote from Rumsfeld was :


The technology revolution has transformed organizations across the private sector, but not ours, not fully, not yet. We are, as they say, tangled in our anchor chain. Our financial systems are decades old. According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible.

So Rummy is really talking about the outdated financial systems that's responsible for the untrackable $2.3 million, the ones located in the section that the next day would be hit and destroyed allegedly by a hijacked plane and then will be replaced with new modern ones during the rebuild. How convenient.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

So Rummy is really talking about the outdated financial systems that's responsible for the untrackable $2.3 million, the ones located in the section that the next day would be hit and destroyed allegedly by a hijacked plane and then will be replaced with new modern ones during the rebuild. How convenient.



Yes, you're right.

I'm sure they planned and executed the 9/11 inside jobby job to get new accounting computer systems for the Pentagon.

So convenient.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
the announcement.....sometimes its easier to hide in plain sight, an I don't for a second believe anyone can misplace or not account for that kind of money, the total amount it just too big, millions maybe ...slim chance though but trillions come on, in terms of labor how many lifetimes is that, it the equivalent of billions of people working their own life, what a travesty

so the saying go "follow the money" pun intended



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Very comical indeed. The more I read into 911 the more I see 2.3 trillion missing being covered up. Whomever wanted to try and track them down it seems the paper trail ended the next day. You have the section of the pentagon being hit that housed the financial data, you have building 7 which housed the IRS, CIA, the secret service, and the SEC (securities and exchange commission). So basically a whole bunch of agencies that receive their budget from the pentagon. A billion dollars is a TON of money I can't even fathom a trillion let alone 2.3. There must be some serious black budgets going on for this kind of thing to happen. Maybe the military industrial complex? Of course it's the pentagon and building 7 which are the biggest factors of 911 because there is so much scrutiny behind them.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist
 

Someone mentioned that the issue had been brought up during the confirmation hearings, and lo and behold:

KWAME HOLMAN: McCain's wasn't the only question Rumsfeld wasn't yet prepared to answer. Democrat Robert Byrd of West Virginia complained about the current state of the Pentagon's financial books-- that it doesn't know how much it spends and how much things cost.

SEN. ROBERT BYRD: How can we seriously consider a $50 billion increase in the defense budget when DOD's own auditors, when DOD's own auditors say that the Department cannot account for $2.3 trillion in transactions in one year alone? My question to you, Mr. Secretary, is what do you plan to do about this?

DONALD RUMSFELD: Decline the nomination. (Laughter)


KWAME HOLMAN: Rumsfeld did admit the problem could take a number of years to sort out. Meanwhile, the full Senate is scheduled to meet within hours of George W. Bush's swearing-in on January 20. Donald Rumsfeld will be among several cabinet nominees expected to receive overwhelming Senate approval at that time.

www.pbs.org...



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

Yes, you're right.

I'm sure they planned and executed the 9/11 inside jobby job to get new accounting computer systems for the Pentagon.

Yeah, just for that.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911
Yeah, just for that.



I KNEW it!

They were so sick of those Clinton era mistakes in their accounting systems, they staged it all! INSIDE JOB!

Pfft. LOL.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

Pfft. LOL.

You got that right.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stigup
Very comical indeed. The more I read into 911 the more I see 2.3 trillion missing being covered up. Whomever wanted to try and track them down it seems the paper trail ended the next day. You have the section of the pentagon being hit that housed the financial data, you have building 7 which housed the IRS, CIA, the secret service, and the SEC (securities and exchange commission). So basically a whole bunch of agencies that receive their budget from the pentagon. A billion dollars is a TON of money I can't even fathom a trillion let alone 2.3. There must be some serious black budgets going on for this kind of thing to happen. Maybe the military industrial complex? Of course it's the pentagon and building 7 which are the biggest factors of 911 because there is so much scrutiny behind them.


A whole bunch of agencies who receive their budgets from the Pentagon???? Umm....yeah................



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName
 


Nope, the information wasnt destroyed on 9/11/01. It was still there and as of April 2002, they had narrowed the amount of transactions that needed more documentation to under 700 billion and dropping as they updated the computers and discovered accounting errors.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Where does all this money come from anyways ?.... I mean is it monatary and with value because we say it is...It use to be backed by gold...Now what is it backed by? Our sweat and hard work...



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596
 


Sources?
Any idea what the transactions were identified as?



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName
 


Have you ever taken an accounting class? Cause a lot of it was basic accounting errors.



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

But it seems to me that the announcement by Rumsfeld of $2.3 trillion missing the day before 9/11 is the biggest coincidence of all.


Just a point of contention here, he didn't "announce" anything, he was forced to admit that in a congressional hearing. Otherwise he would never have said anything...



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Rummy was a patsy. the admin seem to have set him up to look worse.. sort of protect the real evil.. though who knows. though I relate it to Jim Carey in the movie "Fun with Dick and Jane". where he went on tv to anounce quartery performance and got set up..



posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 


It was public knowledge back when Bill Clinton was still President. Rumsfeld was a private citizen then. He was not forced to admit anything.





new topics

top topics



 
14
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join