It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Iran President Ahmadinejad Slapped by Head of Revolutionary Guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

One of the WikiLeaks cables says that the head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, Ali Jafari, slapped President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in the face during an argument in a Security Council meeting. The alleged fiery meeting occurred after street protests were violently put down in December 2009. Ahmadinejad said people needed to be given greater freedoms. Jafari said that Ahmadinejad was the source of the problems in Iran. And then he slapped the president. Both sides have denied the incident took place.

The leak allegedly came from the U.S. Embassy in Baku, Azerbaijan, from an office charged with watching Iran, an unnamed source giving the account of the slap up.

Fox News asked former Iranian Diplomat Mehrdad Khonsari if he had heard of the incident. He said he had, but does not believe it to be true. “I think it’s very unlikely that an incident of that nature would even occur. It’s not on the cards for the head of the Revolutionary Guards to slap a sitting president.”

Source: www.foxnews.com...#

Interesting story in its own right But, the bigger reason I posted this. Check out the link in the article for the Wikileak document(s). They are all messed up. I wonder if it is our Gov't at work0or worse yet, some other gov't.

I think they will do anything to keep Wiki down and looking (trying to) make them look like criminals.

Can any of you check that link and tell us what you got. Maybe it is some scripting error with my computer.

So anyway, back to the story. I think the story outlines the mistake the USA made by not getting more involved in the Student/People protest in 2009. The gov't there is close (or rather was?) to being toppled by its own. They just needed a little help and SUPPORT from OBAMA.

So, think this happened? If it did, it shows that "Imawhackjob" is not the big cheese over there but rather a puppet being stung out in front of the real leaders.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There is no sum of money large enough that I wouldn't pay to see a video of this.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't trust Foxnews. This is like the third story they have posted involving Wikileaks and the stories or cables are all too ridiculous to believe. Honestly, who cares if the Iranian president was slapped? I'm pretty sure a U.S. president has bumped heads with a top military or CIA head. No big deal.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Honestly, who cares if the Iranian president was slapped? I'm pretty sure a U.S. president has bumped heads with a top military or CIA head. No big deal.

LOL no big deal? Hmmm. I bet you no Top Military or CIA head slapped a US President.

You have an interesting take on politics and the military/spy outfits.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I doubt the incident took place.

The guy is still alive after all.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Honestly, who cares if the Iranian president was slapped? I'm pretty sure a U.S. president has bumped heads with a top military or CIA head. No big deal.

LOL no big deal? Hmmm. I bet you no Top Military or CIA head slapped a US President.

My point being that top officials probably argue all the time and those arguments sometimes get heated. You're too busy looking at the slap and not recognizing that the guy probably got emotional and overreacted. When you look at the fact that the Iranian president and the head of the R. Guard are on equal footing, YES it's no big deal. It's not like Obama slapping an interviewer.

You are falling for the sensationalism of the story.
edit on 4-1-2011 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

I'm sure Bush got a few slaps along the way, the pretzel incident was probably a cover lol............................................................................................................................

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here is a LEGITIMATE example. Sure, it happened in basketball but it happened between a coach and upper-management which exemplifies my point. Paxson got emotional and pushed Vinny because coach did a very dumb thing. It was shocking but it is not as bad as you are making it.

edit on 4-1-2011 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Stars and flags for you... I did not intentionally step on your toes.

I find it funny that everyone is starting to pick and choose what parts or subjects of the leaks they are going to lend any credibility to..

P.S it isn't circumnavigating the T&C btw - breaking news gets more attention.. Kinda thought it was common sense..

Oh and look... congrats on the flag
edit on 1/5/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Agreed.

Ahmadinejad is not running Iran. Someday people will wake up to realize the guy is a stooge.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8bf80cfb375.gif[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join