It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Will Arabs and Israelis Unite in Their Fascination With UFOs?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
AOL News has a new article entitled "Will Arabs and Israelis Unite in Their Fascination With UFOs?" by Lee Spiegel at the link below:

www.aolnews.com...

The article about the "Jerusalem 2111" film competition, sponsored by the Israel-based Association of Planning and Conservation, which creates architectural models of Jerusalem. It sought views of what Jerusalem might look like 100 years from now

That prize has been won by a Israeli director David Gidali, along with cinematographer Itay Gross, for the short video below:

The article on AOL News includes the following:

An international jury -- including "Avatar" producer Jon Landau -- evaluated the films, which were created by amateur and professional computer-graphics artists, architects and designers. While most of the nearly 100 entries were submitted from Israel, many came from 10 other countries.

On New Year's Eve, the $10,000 first prize was awarded to Gidali's two-minute "Secular Quarter #3," which depicts a couple who live in restricted, dome-covered areas of Jerusalem, finally meeting each other after UFOs lift and carry away the gigantic "cages" that had covered their neighborhoods.

"I ended the movie with an optimistic note, to start a thought process and to get people to ask themselves, 'Wait a minute, do we actually need extraterrestrial vehicles to come and lift the walls between us, or is it something that we can do by ourselves?" Gidali said.

I found the video quite interesting in several respects. Apart from the social commentary (rather unusual in a UFO video...) I thought it was interesting to see the CGI in a video about UFOs presumably created on a limited budget as an entry for a prize with a top prize of just $10,000.

I hope some of you enjoy the short video and if it achieves the aims of its creator, so much the better.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 4-1-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

What an amazing little vid. I actually vibrated a little when I saw the barrier between male and female removed.

It has two meanings. That guy really knows his stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Great video!
Thanks for this.

I'm absolutely sure that this kind of event may unite not only Arabs and Israelis people but all af us. World-wide.
S&F.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
What an amazing little vid. I actually vibrated a little when I saw the barrier between male and female removed.

It's a shame that virtually all UFO video hoaxers don't have even a fraction of the creativity of the director of this short video...

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

join