It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids, Baalbek, Stonehenge, Sacsayhuamán...How was it done ? .. Answer: Alien tech

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There's a very simple reason such buildings are made with rock.

If we all died today, almost all metals, plastics, concrete and other building materials would be eaten up or scattered for visitors 1000 years later. Your city would be a forest. Simply look at abandoned cities for a glimpse of the future.

The only thing that lasts the test of time and that we usually find from truely ancient civilisation; rock.

The shaped stones and perfect joins I believe are explained by the South Americans in part. They have a plant in the jungle which a chemical can be extracted from, that can liquefy sandstone. You'd then simply mould it into place..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

The shaped stones and perfect joins I believe are explained by the South Americans in part. They have a plant in the jungle which a chemical can be extracted from, that can liquefy sandstone. You'd then simply mould it into place..

It's easier to carve sandstone to perfect joints than to try and liquify all that (and then let it dry back out.)

Don't forget, the plant extract your talking about would require collection and concentration. That's quite a bit of time and energy.

Also, if such a thing was possible on large scales, why don't we see huts that appear to be carved out of solid sandstone?

Lastly, information about this extract was linked here at ATS not too long ago. Reading it, it appears to me that the extract would dissolve the materials that cement the sand grains together into stone. How could these be re-cemented back into sandstone that has the same appearance as the "natural" kind?

Much easier to simply carve it to fit.

Harte

<< 3  4  5   >>

join