It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Born to be Wild: 'Lone wolf' escapes city to live free in forest, keep blog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Heh-heh...This is pretty awesome!

This guy has detached from society for the most part, and is surviving as a completely FREE human being!

All he needs is the hunting skills to keep his food supply non-dependent, and a water decontaminent system, and he is fully off the grid.

Love his 'bicycle wheel generator'!

To me, these types of folks show us what TRUE freedom looks like! It may not be glamorous, but there is no financial slavery either...

Electricity cuts may be causing stress for many in the Moscow region, but one Russian isn't worried about blackouts. Viktor lives in the woods, and has built his own power generator. It even allows him to keep an internet blog that has made him an unwitting web sensation.

edit on 4-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Great post,
more of the people should begin to think like this man.
Some may have to out of circumstance.
Strong will is the first and main force of survival.
The Lone Wolf in me is calling.
great post S&F.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There are many people living "off the grid", we just don't know about them - this guy is special because he blogs about it.

I just watched a documentary about small villages in secluded Montenegro mountains, one of the very last spots in Europe untouched by man where even wolves live free of hunters and poachers.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So how does that work over there? No hunting licenses or bag limits or 'eco' laws telling him he cant disturb a weed on government land without being thrown in prison? Or is the land not government owned, just completely unclaimed wilderness?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
Great post,
more of the people should begin to think like this man.
Some may have to out of circumstance.
Strong will is the first and main force of survival.
The Lone Wolf in me is calling.
great post S&F.

Peace

YES! Me too!

I constantly hear folks say 'you can't live without society', or out in the wild.

THESE types of stories prove just how wrong that mentality is! It CAN be done, and WAS done for tens of thousands of years prior to 'industrialization'.

Now, I'm not saying the industrial and technological age is a horrible thing---Many great discoveries and advances came through them...BUT---We have lost our way. Most have forgotten how to be self sufficient WITHOUT these modalities.

I feel we may be coming into an era where, as you have said, re-learning the ways of old, may well be crucial to our survival, and freedom itself.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wish I had the balls to try this. But I must admit that I'm addicted to the electrical age. Would be nice to have the know hows to do though, specially with the way things are going in the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My significant other and myself have craved this lifestyle for a quarter century. We don't care what our families think, are willing to quit jobs, our kids are grown, we're willing to walk away, even in this economy etc. You have to have an unbelievable amount of cash to actually purchase the land and pay the tax on which to live "free". The desire to live this way is in every fiber of my being but unless I win a lottery it's just going to remain a dream.

I'd also like to know what type of land this guy is living on. If he's squatting, then living a cash free life isn't going to fly when you need to bail out and pay fines/lawyers.

Great video and inspiring!

top topics

join