It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Bombers chasing Geminid Meteor shower?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
On december 13, 2010, about 9 - 10 pm i was in the Los Angeles/ riverside county area. we were up in the hills going out to do some night shooting, i started seeing a bunch of falling stars and remembered it was the night of the meteor shower. we stopped at a high point and watched some falling stars, all was good for a few minutes until everywhere i looked in the sky there was blinking lights, all of them appeared to be the exact same, i have lived near vandenberg AFB up near santa barbara for quite a while and have never seen the military deploy this many planes.

they seemed to be chasing after the falling stars, they also appeared to be flying in a V or W formation, 4 - 5 planes flying in each formation (i counted 4 formations), they were flying low enough that you could see the triangular edges of the stealths. i know a lot of you will argue ,"we dont even have that many stealths at one base". but we do, and i have no idea why they would be chasing after meteors, just thought i would share, i have some video of the event but all you can make out is the crap load of blinking lights (super low quality camera), ill post it up if you guys are interested.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hey yeah seems kinda interesting, you should post the the pictures too before others try and shoot you down.
Second line

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

This is ATS, we are interested. You didnt have to ask.

Post the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hmmm...I dunno...Neither the B-2 (bomber) nor the F-117 (ground attack) are meant to be fighters or interceptors. Though the F-117 is capable of carrying anti-aircraft missiles, there are many other fighter planes that are much more suited for air-to-air combat. Also, the F-117 retired on April 22, 2008, being replaced by our 5th generation aircraft like the F-35 and the F-22, which are both also stealth and capable of multiple mission types.

So, although you may in fact have seen aircraft, I HIGHLY doubt you saw F-117s and even more so doubt that you saw B-2 Stealth Bombers.

And if I remember correctly, Vandenburg is for launching satellites and other space-bound missions.
edit on 4-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
so...video?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Hmmm...I dunno...Neither the B-2 (bomber) nor the F-117 (ground attack) are meant to be fighters or interceptors. Though the F-117 is capable of carrying anti-aircraft missiles, there are many other fighter planes that are much more suited for air-to-air combat. Also, the F-117 retired on April 22, 2008, being replaced by our 5th generation aircraft like the F-35 and the F-22, which are both also stealth and capable of multiple mission types.

So, although you may in fact have seen aircraft, I HIGHLY doubt you saw F-117s and even more so doubt that you saw B-2 Stealth Bombers.

And if I remember correctly, Vandenburg is for launching satellites and other space-bound missions.
edit on 4-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

i know for sure they were B2s, they were flying low enough to be seen with the naked eye. im working on the video, it should be up in just a few, im having problems with the format or some crap... frakin youtube.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper
they seemed to be chasing after the falling stars, they also appeared to be flying in a V or W formation, 4 - 5 planes flying in each formation (i counted 4 formations), they were flying low enough that you could see the triangular edges of the stealths. i know a lot of you will argue ,"we dont even have that many stealths at one base". but we do, and i have no idea why they would be chasing after meteors, just thought i would share, i have some video of the event but all you can make out is the crap load of blinking lights (super low quality camera), ill post it up if you guys are interested.

Recruit, the Major must inform you you are sadly mistaken. At one base? There are only twenty B-2's now in existence. And it couldn't have been F-117 as they are no longer in service.

Originally posted by WJjeeper
i know for sure they were B2s, they were flying low enough to be seen with the naked eye. im working on the video, it should be up in just a few, im having problems with the format or some crap... frakin youtube.

Post that video on the double recruit! The Major is sure you wouldn't know a B-2 from a cloud of swamp gas with Venus shining through it.

Dismissed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
there had to be a mix of both then, because my girlfriend, her brother and his girlfriend all saw a B2 (we all remember because the triangles in the midsection at the rear of the aircraft)

maybe it was a test run or something? who knows? maybe they were trying to track down the falling stars to get to them before everyone else (if any were still in tact).

all i REALLY do know is that i #ing hate YouTube, i cant figure out how to change my WMV to MPEG.

edit on 4-1-2011 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by WJjeeper because: spelling really sucks

top topics

join