It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History has taught us nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
And when I say us, I mean "us, the average citizen"

This will not be a long post with external quotes and links because this is my opinion only, although I do hope it starts a reasonable discussion.

We, "the little people" learn NOTHING from the past or if we do we are do consumed by our constant, burning desire to increase our level of comfort and entertainment, regardless of how much debt we put ourselves in, after all, we cant have the neighbor getting a bigger plasma than we have.

I have to say this though because it bugs the hell out of me, to no end.

The public, for the most part, is falling victim to a feint. While we are being distracted by the latest in entertainment OR the next so called potential terrorist attack, the people in charge (and i use that term loosely) are laughing as they add another knot to the hangmens noose.

For example(s) the upgraded airport security screenings, the wonderful, pre-recorded messages from our DHS savior at Walmart checkouts, the ever tightening requirements to just renewing your drivers license, the DOZENS of security cameras that we pass each day, as we go about our everyday affairs, the introduction of military AND non-military security forces patrolling our cities, (Katrina, Rita and Ike) the supreme court ruling allowing, not only the Govt to take your land but also Corporations (under eminent domain) and now im seeing videos that people have made, showing police watchtowers being placed at Walmarts and along the highways.

I really could go on and on but all one needs to do is reference the history of the rise of Authoritarian Governments and draw the comparisons, to see what im talking about.

I really cannot understand how anyone that was raised during the cold war era could allow yourselves to fall victim to the SAME SH** that we were told that we were fighting for, against the "Communists"

All of us, ESPECIALLY the Korean and Viet Nam Vets should be raising hell, since it was you guys that gave so much to fight against the policies that are now being indoctrinated in the country that you fought FOR.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I have learned from my own personal history and that was good for me as it kept me from useless human interaction that is just a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You are indeed right, we have learnt nothing.

Or to put it another way, we have fallen for the same scam throughout history, and its my belief that all wars throughout history have been caused by the desire of a group of men who seek One World Order.

The great lie that they have forced upon the world is that all war is caused by Religion or Politics, these two things do not start wars, they are simply tools used by those who seek profit from war, war is the greatest profit, you can back both sides at once, it matters not who losses, and your investment is gauranteed by the taxpayer.

Millions have died, think about that for a moment, 55 million alone in WW2, and still we dont wake up.

Divide and Conquer,
Divide and Conquer,
Divide and,
Conquer,
Over and over, at every level,

And still, we dont wake up

new topics

join