It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God hinges on the reality and morality of hell.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

to better explain my position... I am not interested in pinning or gaining a secondary following after my theistic belief, I only know I am a theist and I like the philosophy of Jesus.

I have no idea what that makes me and I don't really care to place anything after Christian in my label or statement of belief if I ever have to check that box.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by Vicky32

to better explain my position... I am not interested in pinning or gaining a secondary following after my theistic belief, I only know I am a theist and I like the philosophy of Jesus.

I have no idea what that makes me and I don't really care to place anything after Christian in my label or statement of belief if I ever have to check that box.

You like the philosophy of Jesus. Does that mean you have thrown out the Trinity concept?
The O T God/Jesus certainly has a different philosophy. Jesus is not a genocidal maniac unless you tie him to the O T God and if not, then he is just a Rabbi with some good ideas and some unworkable rhetoric.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

Your view of hell is certainly more in keeping with fairness and justice than what God promises or that Christians want.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
How can your thoughts be your own and unique while you live under a God?

my thoughts are my own, even though I do still live under the rule of law and love, truth and justice, though we have freewill to create and think and be individuals given these rules. We have all types of artists, philosophers, musicians, novelist, ect, that all live or have lived by these rules but still create in a type of celebration and expression to glorify this God of love and truth.

What you describe is someone who has placed himself above God.

again I think you have the wrong idea and interpretation of the word of "book of wisdom" as you would call it and as I have also stated above.

To live under God means accepting his rules. You are not allowed to have unique rules.

to live under God means to accept his rules...

Exactly. You place yourself in his box and are not allowed to go play elsewhere. That is giving up your freedom.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

When Darwin found the Galapagos Islands, do you think he found an imperfect environment and nature or do you think he found a perfectly evolving system?

If imperfect, what was imperfect?
If perfect, what makes you think the evolving perfection of the world stopped at that border?

Regards
DL

the philosophy does not really interest me here... I will leave this for someone else to address, I would rather tackle established historical and philosophical debates before I make assumptions about what I feel Darwin felt he perceived.

the Galapagos is a unique and strange place indeed...

Hypocrite. You are just uncomfortable with your answers. Quite dishonest.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

You like the philosophy of Jesus. Does that mean you have thrown out the Trinity concept?
The O T God/Jesus certainly has a different philosophy. Jesus is not a genocidal maniac unless you tie him to the O T God and if not, then he is just a Rabbi with some good ideas and some unworkable rhetoric.

Regards
DL

The OT God is not a 'genocidal maniac' either. Well, if you understand Genesis 6 and who the Rephaim were He is not. Most don't.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Does that mean you have thrown out the Trinity concept?
"no" I understand the trinity concept literally and metaphorically.

The O T God/Jesus certainly has a different philosophy.
Jesus was not around in the old testament, but Jesus the son of God came onto the scene in the new testament.

Jesus is not a genocidal maniac unless
Jesus was perfect, like his father.

Gotta love that book ya know...
edit on 1/19/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Exactly. You place yourself in his box and are not allowed to go play elsewhere. That is giving up your freedom.

Regards
DL

no by freedom of choice I deny ignorance and choose love...

it was freewill and rational via observation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Hypocrite. You are just uncomfortable with your answers. Quite dishonest.

Regards
DL

believe what you wish... I am simply being honest telling you where I place Darwin and his theory of evolution in my belief, and also my feelings about which subjects that really interest me... Darwin's theory or how he must have "felt" is literally quite boring to me and my interests...

there are other posters around who may wish to discuss this with you, some are very knowledgeable about Darwin, maybe they would like to speculate with you ? or you could always read or re-read one of his books.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Jesus was not around in the old testament, but Jesus the son of God came onto the scene in the new testament.

Yes He was. Anytime it specifically said "Angel of the Lord" it was a preincarnate Jesus.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Yes He was. Anytime it specifically said "Angel of the Lord" it was a preincarnate Jesus.

"incarnate" Heavy! I will take that into consideration.

appreciated

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by Vicky32

Regards
DL

The OT God is not a 'genocidal maniac' either. Well, if you understand Genesis 6 and who the Rephaim were He is not. Most don't.

I do not need to.
Any God who murders those he thinks unfit instead of curing them is an immoral God and should be rejected.
Most understand this but if you do not then keep your immoral God.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

No, it really doesn't. But if you insist, have you ever heard of Christian Universalism?
William Barclay

PS - I've jusr seen your name, and realised that I am wasting my time, as you really are not at all interested in kn owing any answers that make make Christianity look as good as it is, when you are agin it!

Vicky

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

Thanks for this. The universalist creed has cast off the tribalism that has shackled Christian thinking for a long time now and would be much closer to the truth of things than Christianity with their us and them attitude of hate for the others.

Regards
DL

The point is, it's Christian Universalism, not just any type!
Accept no substitutes...

Oops, I have just read the whole thread and noticed that I said all of this before! Sorry...
edit on 17/6/11 by Vicky32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

No, it really doesn't. But if you insist, have you ever heard of Christian Universalism?
William Barclay

PS - I've jusr seen your name, and realised that I am wasting my time, as you really are not at all interested in kn owing any answers that make make Christianity look as good as it is, when you are agin it!

Vicky

If Christian Universalism was serious, would they not be Universalism and not Christian Universalism?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

If Christian Universalism was serious, would they not be Universalism and not Christian Universalism?

Regards
DL

No. Universalism is a bowl of blancmange, it's meaningless mush.
Christian Universalism on the other hand, has meaning. It's serious. It's not just "oh do whatever you feel like doing and let it all hang out", it says "If you choose not to accept Christ in this life and live accordingly, there's this little thing called remedial punishment.
Vicky

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Regards
DL

No. Universalism is a bowl of blancmange, it's meaningless mush.
Christian Universalism on the other hand, has meaning. It's serious. It's not just "oh do whatever you feel like doing and let it all hang out", it says "If you choose not to accept Christ in this life and live accordingly, there's this little thing called remedial punishment.
Vicky

So one must make sure one profits and takes advantage of the murder or self aggrandizing suicide of an innocent man to please God.

That God is immoral then and any thinking person with scrap him out of common decency and good morals.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join