It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hello Ats

meant to make my 1st post more researched and such but these things should be reported on as soon as possible
this is my 1st post, "so please be gentle".
look for my 2nd post:

The Quiet Master
The Irascible Ophiel (Edward Peach) Coming soon!

USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame
By Barbara H. Peterson
Farm Wars

farmwars.info...

Just when we thought that buying “Organic” was safe, we run headlong into the deliberate poisoning of our organic food supply by the FDA in collusion with none other than the folks who brought us Aspartame. NutraSweet, a former Monsanto asset, has developed a new and improved version of this neurotoxin called Neotame. Neotame has similar structure to aspartame — except that, from it’s structure, appears to be even more toxic than aspartame. This potential increase in toxicity will make up for the fact that less will be used in diet drinks. Like aspartame, some of the concerns include gradual neurotoxic and immunotoxic damage from the combination of the formaldehyde metabolite (which is toxic at extremely low doses) and the excitotoxic amino acid. (Holisticmed.com) But surely, this product would be labeled! NOT SO!!! For this little gem, no labeling required. And it is even included in USDA Certified Organic food.

The food labeling requirements required for aspartame have now been dropped for Neotame, and no one is clear why this was allowed to happen. Neotame has been ruled acceptable, and without being included on the list of ingredients, for: USDA Certified Organic food items. Certified Kosher products with the official letter k inside the circle on labels. www.janethull.com... _danger_in_holiday_food_supply.php

Let me make this perfectly clear. Neotame does not have to be included in ANY list of ingredients! So, if you buy processed food, whether USDA Certified Organic or not, that food most likely will contain Neotame because it is cost-effective, and since no one knows it is there, there is no public backlash similar to what is happening with Aspartame. A win/win situation! But that’s not all. Just love chowing down on that delicious steak? Well, that cow most likely will have been fed with feed containing…..you guessed it…..Neotame! A product called “Sweetos,” which is actually composed of Neotame, is being substituted for molasses in animal feed.

sweetnos-monsanto-ready-to-market-super

The Custodians of the Black Iron Prison [TCBIP],
like a creeping fungus are at it again.
Why this desperate obsession with poisoning us from Monsanto & their fellow travelers?
When we finally know the answer then we'll know where to strike
I'll tell you this: everybody always seems to focus on the BoD and management but what about the stockholders, the final beneficiaries?

Note to Mods:hope i haven't made 10,001 mistakes here re threads in general

edit on 4-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thanks for the info... Shocking

Was it Henry Kissinger that said... If you control the food, you control the people...

They want to poison us so that we don't get to live much longer after retirement. It cost a fortune to keep old people alive and they don't like it. They want you to eat these chemicals so that you die "young". The avarege life span is what they care about. If you reach an age where you can't work, you are disposible.

This is just horrible, they will sneak this poison into our food and feed it to us under the mask of being organic, and laugh all the way to the bank since "organic" is so much more expensive.

Grow as much as you can yourself and be healthy!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Clever bastards... The name says it all. Neotame.

I stay away from processed organic and stick to the raw.

No escape! Between air, water, and food they have a pleasantly sedated society.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I went to the Neotame site. Read a bit about them from "their" POV.
Here's a bit of "sweetness" to bite into. Neotame has been around and being used as far back as 2001 in many overseas countries:

What countries is Neotame approved for use in?

# Algeria (5/2009)
# Japan (12/2007)
# Argentina (4/2007)
# Kazakhstan (2/2009)
# Australia (8/2001)
# Mexico (10/2002)
# Bangladesh (10/2005)
# New Zealand (8/2001)
# Belarus (5/2005)
# Nigeria (1/2009)
# Brazil (3/2008)
# Norway (4/2010)
# Canada (8/2007)
# Pakistan (7/2008)
# Chile (6/2006)
# Peru (3/2002)
# China (3/2003)
# Philippines (7/2003)
# Colombia (4/2004)
# Puerto Rico (7/2002)
# Costa Rica (12/2002)
# Russia (5/2003)
# Ecuador (6/2001)
# Singapore (1/2008)
# European Union (2/2010)**
# South Africa (3/2005)
# Fiji (12/2004)
# Taiwan (2008)
# Georgia (3/2004)
# Thailand (11/2004)
# Guatemala (5/2002)
# Trinidad and Tobago (11/2002)
# Hong Kong (8/2010)
# United Arab Emirates (2/2008)
# India (Pharmaceutical 5/2004, Food 6/2010)
# United States (7/2002)
# Indonesia (7/2004)
# Venezuela (1/2005)
# Iran (2008)
# Vietnam (4/2010)
# Israel (6/2010)

www.neotame.com...

Also seems that Sweet Spot Labs...the lab used to produce this abomination is proud to have "a 2 to 3 week turn around" time on their projects...talk about speedy death anyone?

This is ridiculous another way to cull the herd, so they think. If anyone cares to compare some of the social dysfunctions going on in many of the countries that have been using this "sweetener" for any length of time, check it out. One that hit me is the use of Neotame in China....and someone posted how even children in
China were becoming more and more over weight. Think weights in any of the other countries using it are creeping up?

It is going to require even more diligence on the behalf of the human beings of the world to stay alive and not be poisoned to death. There will be facts and excuses and reasons "why" such things as Aspertame, Neotame, Monsanto and their "wonder" discoveries NEED to be used. People wake up and see the REAL reason this is being done....say something....DO something...just don't sit there and take it.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Clever bastards... The name says it all. Neotame.

I stay away from processed organic and stick to the raw.

No escape! Between air, water, and food they have a pleasantly sedated society.

lol hadnt noticed that

Thanks All for your replies

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Thanks for the contribution!

notice how approval starts at out of the way places; the periphery of the Empire and works its way in?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I don't stick to it the way that I should, but raw food is the way to go.

You could still wind up with GMO foods, but at least if you wash them and eat them raw, you have avoided the majority of the chemicals. I attempting to start another "organic, raw food diet" today as a matter of fact. I am able to keep it up for a few days, or a couple of weeks, but then I get lazy and don't get to the grocery store, and I end up eating something nasty.

Thanks for the info!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

our daily lives are full of chemical decisions. toothpaste/shaving cream/deoderants etc.
nice thread op

imo processed foods come right out of the devils anus. even so-called healthy processed foods are dubious. the marketing of these products is insidious to say the least.
the more people who clue themselves up on these matters the better. in the way of true food security there stands millions of shareholders impatiently waiting for their 1st/2nd/3rd/4th quarter profit/share dividend results without one single shred of guilt for the populus of this beautiful planet.
i hope they all get weeping piles.
it will take a global food scare for all peoples to wake up and educate themselves as to what they inflict on their bodies.
the missus and myself could be construed as having a stasi-style approach to what food is carried over our threshold. this also applies to human invitation as well. we like our house vibe and no food or persons are going to upset that.
regards f

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

If possible, find a locally grown co-op. That is a pretty safe way to eat. Chickens, eggs, and a small garden are pretty easy for anybody to grow at home. This spring I plan to start a couple of honeybee hives.

If you can get locally grown eggs, milk, honey, and vegetables, and drink well water, or better yet, buy a good water system like Kangen water.

If we could all support out local community farmers, we would be healthier, and have healthier local economies!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

we have no problem with the food we eat, never have. i have more self restrictions than the missus and thats always been a personal choice. we buy local, we are preparing our garden for some delights in the summer and i have 85% of hardware required to take us almost off the 'national grid'.
i completely agree regarding supporting farmers. i did for many years until the running costs took out two particular farmers i visited on a regular basis for top rate spuds/carrots/eggs and so on.
the supermarket chains have the foothold now.
regarding your bee hive idea, let me know how that pans out for you if you don't mind.
regards f

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

No problem. I plan to post a thread start to finish with the project. An uncle of mine began one in Missouri a couple of years ago, and now he has two and he loves them.

I am also seeking to be off-grid over the next year or so. I am already on Septic, Well, and Propane, but I have quite a bit of work to do on my solar system.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
here's another solution:

1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost

maybe adapt it to add a few chickens for eggs and a goat for milk
dont forget to seal it against GMO pollen.

maybe a Renfe frequency generator could be designed to keep the nasty stuff away

AARRGHH!!!! help with you tube vid embed cant remember what part of the code i'm supposed to leave out

edit on 4-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: corrections and request for help

edit on 4-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

found answer here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: video fixed

edit on 4-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

Was it Henry Kissinger that said... If you control the food, you control the people...

The full quote is Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world. – Henry Kissinger.

Forget it at your peril, because it has just been achieved.

I really love the farmwars site.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Originally posted by getreadyalready

You could still wind up with GMO foods, but at least if you wash them and eat them raw, you have avoided the majority of the chemicals. I attempting to start another "organic, raw food diet" today as a matter of fact.

There is still value in organic foods and the organic food label.

For example, you can be assured that an Organic carrot is one that is not genetically modified nor filled with insecticides or pesticides.

Neotame is more of an issue with Organic processed foods say for example Organic chocolate chip cookies or Organic ice cream.

A call to the consumer hotline on the package may be warranted to confirm the presence of Neotame.

We also need to start flooding our representatives with phone calls over this issue. Neotame has to be disclosed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
awww ..... noooooooo

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was rather sickened today at the store, when I noticed bottled water which was advertising a fluoride additive on the label. I hadn't seen that where I lived until now.

In that case, as well as the OP, the most troubling thing isn't that they're doing it at this point, at least not for me. What's really infuriating and scary is that they're flaunting it now. It's a complete slap in the face to anyone who knows what's going on. As silly as it is, it makes me feel exactly the way I felt when they gave Obama the Nobel Prize. heh.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It drives me mad how lax food labeling laws are. They are much better than when I was a child, as I don't remember seeing an ingredients list whatsoever...

But this nonsense of leaving ingredients out of the list is alarming.

I am also irritated when I see ingredients such as: natural flavor, spices.

How can I make an informed decision when they refuse to inform us?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've been making the rounds on the internet since seeing this pop up on Mary Nash Stoddard's site. Let me make this very clear:

Neotame has NOT been approved for use in organic foods.

I'm not the one with the burden of proof. Unfortunately, the original author of the hoax has vanished from the internet, so I'll do my part in advance.

First of all, here are two portions of the Code of Federal Regulations:

Food ; designation of ingredients

Fo od; exemptions from labeling

Emily Brown Rosen, Policy Director for OMRI, the Organic Materials Review Institute (she's an expert) has this to say:

"Looks totally unfounded to me. It would have to be on the ingredients list, and if was found to be in organic food - a complaint should be filed, definitely not permitted." (tech.groups.yahoo.com...)

And finally, from the USDA National Organic Program newsletter yesterday,

-Can be found at Comfood Listserv (requires registration) or here.

Now, again, I'm not the one with the burden of proof. Mary Nash Stoddard is, and she failed to provide a single shred of evidence to support her claim.
edit on 1/7/2011 by iceofspades because: Added an image

edit on 1/7/2011 by iceofspades because: Name correction

edit on 1/7/2011 by iceofspades because: Added a link

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iceofspades

i do hope this is the case. i would not want to review our food choices again with so much crap out there that can taste good but does little to sustain a healthy lifespan.
f

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It all depends on what you mean by organic

must read article:
The USDA’s Organic Deception

Organic is organic, or is it? It would seem that it is all a matter of perspective when one takes a stroll through the mountains of documents on the FDA and USDA websites. The word “organic” is fast becoming a high-dollar money-maker for corporations smart enough to jump on the bandwagon and start marketing their products as “made with organic ingredients,” or “certified organic.” Even Monsanto is taking advantage of this burgeoning market, and people naïve enough to believe that what we have traditionally thought of as pure, organic food, is still that way, are being duped. It makes perfect sense, however, in a Machiavellian sort of way. Flood the food supply with poisons, then lead people to believe that the only safe choice left is USDA Certified Organic. Then buy up the organic companies one by one, and start changing the “organic” rules from the inside out via the bought and paid for government agencies so that you can reap the profits from those trying to escape the poisons.

Organic Industry Structure

Organic-Chart

top topics

join