It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court OKs Searches Of Cell Phones Without Warrant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

Originally posted by PayMeh
I think it's a sad day when people simply say: "No big deal, just password protect your phone."

I'll let you in on a little secret.. They will crack that PW in under 5 minutes.

That's ok though, keep on giving up your rights. Your whole lives are posted on FB anyways right?

Cellphone password protection is some of the most advanced protection in the technological world these days. They ARE not easily cracked. ALL cellphones have to be sent to the manufacturer for a hardware reflash in order to overide passwords stored on their EPROM. ALL cellphones have fail safes that either lock the phone indefinately or for a period of time if the password is input inccorrectly multiple times. Password protection extends to computer accessing of the cellphone and or components. If you take a protected sim and place it into a computer sim reader then it will not access without the password. Alot of sim cards use 64bit encryption to protect them. You see the technology behind cellphone security was developed to maintain CORPORATE privacy, we get to reap the benifits. Prevention of access is half the key to your rights of freedom. If given a way to stop the infringement then use it. They cannot take away freedoms that are encrypted without more trouble than what it would be worth.

They don't need to be cracking encryption to get access to any protected sim.

All they need to do is put in 3 different pin codes. The phone will lock & tell you to call customer services. All the cops would have to do is call your carrier, give them your details, phone no & they'll get a PUK code. They enter that into the phone & it's automatically unlocked again.They then can go through your phone without restriction.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentStigma
Simple. Just use a password on your cell. My cell phone has a password lock and if someone puts in the wrong password 3 times it erases all data on my phone. The Law may say they can go through it but they cant make you give them your password. If they erase your phone Sue them for damage of property.

No it doesn't. Your data is still there. The sim & phone are locked until you enter a PUK code which you can get from your service carrier. Enter that & it's automatically unlocked with your data still intact & accessible.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join