It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your CCW carry holsters/ concealment clothing of choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've been looking into a holster for my snub as a back, up right now I have an Uncle Mike's ankle rig but I feel weird having it rotate slightly as I walk. I always feel like I'm going to print when it moves so I cinch it down as tight as it goes to prevent slippage but then end up with a very sore ankle by the end of the day. I was thinking of possibly going with a paddle holster but haven't really found one that suits me yet so I figured I could take a few suggestions from some of you other weaponry buffs.

Now since this thread is about my search for a new holster as well as sharing your preferred methods of concealment I will share mine for my two choices for my main CCW carry gun.

For my Springfield XD .40 Sub Compact (the any clothing any time gun) I have a nice little WRB IWB with thumb break retention out of very durable nylon material (it has even survived my girlfriends 75 pound retriever mistaking it for a chew toy.
www.wrbss.com...

My heavier clothing weapon is my Springfield XD Compact 9mm with a Galco IWB (pictured left above), I really like this holster but it rides a little bit high to be my go to any clothing choice but a good combo none the less.

Group shot of some of my pistols, the revolver is a .22 mag I keep on my belt while I'm doing any work on my property and has taken care of plenty of cottonmouth's that got to close for comfort.

Last but not least my assistant doesn't she look like a crusty D.I.? (Drill Instructor for you non military types)

edit on 4-1-2011 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDave-AR

I carry the XD40 Sub also (see avatar) IWB middle of back.
As well as Kel-Tec P3AT Freedom 380auto w/9rd clip & Crimson Trace Laser IWB front right with belt clip. Everyday/Allday carry.

Gun: media.photobucket.com...
clip: www.kel-tec-cnc.com...

The Springfield is very uncomfortable! Anywhere in the pants.... Period.
I'd spring for a smaller framed 380 or similar for comfort.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Have you ever checked out crossbreed holsters?

My brother has been wearing one for his Sig P239 for nearly a year and I may buy one for my P239 also. It just keeps getting better with use.

Good luck.

Nice collection BTW!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

My brother has been wearing one for his Sig P239 for nearly a year and I may buy one for my P239 also. It just keeps getting better with use.

Good luck.

Nice collection BTW!!

I second the Crossbreed holsters suggestion. I have the Super Tuck deluxe and can say it is very comfortable when carrying my PT709 slim.

My .45 is too large to carry concealed except during winter when I just keep it in a jacket pocket.

I also suggest checking into the Nemisis or Super Fly holsters if you want to carry a Ruger or KelTec .380 in your pants/shorts pocket: Nemisis

I don't leave home without my KelTec and the Nemesis holster doesn't make it "print" like it's a weapon.
edit on 4-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I like these:
www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com...

They are kydex (or some other kind of polymer) and they allow for IWB carry or OWB. I always carry a full size pistol, as I'm about 5'11" 190 lbs and large enough to carry one and have it conceal well with the IWB rig. These things are a bit pricey, but you can order them for basically any pistol, or any light/laser combo. My personal one is a Sig Sauer P226 .40 cal, wearing a Streamlight TLR-2.

Comm

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well...Mind you, I don't do any concealed carry. I actually prefer to open carry.

But I have different hardware for different guns..And different purposes. When I'm training or hunting I'm usually loaded out with a crossdraw tac vest or an LBV with a chest holster for the pistol. I always have the shotgun and the AR as well(on training anyway...Not usual for hunting to carry that many weapons or even a vest). Shotgun has a scabbard hook onto a webbed vest. I use a standard ACU, and ODgreen MOLLE holsters for the pistols.

I only carry a pistol in city and it's in one of the two holsters. Most of the time I don't even carry the gun...I actually prefer the 26" telescoping baton...

ETA:
I do have a concealed carry shirt that I use once in a blue moon made by 5.11 tactical. Now that is some comfy CCW clothing. Kept the gun pretty close to my body.

edit on 4-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

www.buyholsters.com...

I have these 5.11 Concealment Holster Undershirts. They come with dual pockets, they are extremely comfortable, and my little .380 has never been detected yet, even during hugs.

I wear mine daily at my job, my uppermost boss is aware, but nobody that I work with has any clue!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

I carry the XD40 Sub also (see avatar) IWB middle of back.
The Springfield is very uncomfortable! Anywhere in the pants.... Period.
I'd spring for a smaller framed 380 or similar for comfort.

Honestly I have never had any comfort issues with either of my XDs but then again I am a 6' 250# offensive line type so I have no problem blending the little extra width, plus I believe the XD platform is worth the extra width no questions asked. I also have big hands and prefer a wider grip on a gun especially with the fairly snappy .40 in the Sub Comp. any narrower and I don't have as secure a grip and muzzle flip effects my follow up shots. I carry the XD very well just forward of my hip on the right side, even if I did print a little which I hardly ever do here in Arkansas you can be printing all you want as long as no part of the firearm is visible i.e. uncovered.

I have actually seriously been considering getting a S&W BodyGuard .380 but that would be a strictly backup pocket pistol.

Good luck.

Nice collection BTW!!

Thank you very much those are just my workhorses these guns get serious amounts of rounds through them.
I actually had before and was considering one if I ever decided to start carrying my Kimber but currently it is at my girlfriends house as she has had several people break into her house and she lives there alone aside from her worthless room mate who is hardly ever there and wouldn't do any good even if they were there. Right now my little Rossi is currently serving as a dedicated anti carjacking weapon with a nice little velcro holster secured underneath the dash of my baby at a point very easy to access.

Gotta defend the real Cobras, since the general forum rule is without pictures it can't be true here y'all go.

Well...Mind you, I don't do any concealed carry. I actually prefer to open carry.

Trust me I would much rather open carry but also would always carry a concealed backup but currently in Arkansas open carry is not an option but they have been trying to pass legislation to allow open carry (which I strongly support).

top topics

join