It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling birds likely died from massive trauma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

My explanation of the falling birds' trauma

www.cnn.com

The thousands of birds that fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve in Arkansas likely died from massive trauma, according to a preliminary report released Monday.

The birds, most of which were dead when they were found, were red-winged blackbirds and starlings. They were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said.

Keith Stephens, a spokesman for the commission, said the birds showed evidence of trauma in the breast tissue, with blood clots in the body cavity and a lot of internal bleeding. All
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-1-2011 by Crakeur because: corrected title to properly reflect the article being referenced

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Now, there are plenty of threads on this topic but this news bit is interesting because it does shed light on the cause of death. Notice that these "fallouts" started happening in the past few years. It looks as if a flock of birds hit something massive all at the same time.

I have two theories to explain this, both of which are quite bizarre, then again the event itself is bizarre. So here we go:

a) an object ascending upward with supersonic velocity and thus producing a shock wave that killed the birds. Because it was traveling up, the "sonic boom" was not heard on the ground.

b) a very large object (think UFO) cruising at subsonic velocity and causing blunt trauma to birds on impact

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have a different theory...

Notes to take

1) All of the seismic activity in that area recently.
2) Canaries in the mines (sensitive to chemicals in air supply)
3) All of the dead fish in the river are bottom feeders.
4) 100 tons of bottom feeders floating up in Brazil. (Maybe the fault in Midwest is connected to one through brazil... Maybe we have the fault lines off a little.)

I think that a crack opened up and a methane/some other deadly gas escaped and killed the fish and then the birds.

Anything that falls from 100's of feet in the air is going to have trauma.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Could it be a sudden drop in temp or something like that, that may have shocked the birds?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
I think that a crack opened up and a methane/some other deadly gas escaped and killed the fish and then the birds.

Not bad! But the volume of that bubble of gas would have been really humongous, and I don't find it likely because

a) it would have to be released in an explosive event, which was not the case
b) all species would be affected, including humans, which is also not the case

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Could it be a sudden drop in temp or something like that, that may have shocked the birds?

Not a this scale (temperature-wise). Birds do drop down in Siberia in severe cold, but it's way colder than Arkansas.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

US plan to poision birds back in 2002

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Did you see the fish kill in Canada/Brazil/Chesapeak bay --- Something is going on.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don't usually agree with you on much of what you write...but this time it's an exception.

My earlier intuitive thoughts were the same as the article you just posted. Why? Because I always wondered why the Augurs were known for "watching the birds" before they gave their prophecies and instructions to people. Perhaps they watched for signs like this to know when the alien encounters might occur.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Alethea because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Red winged blackbirds are a very hardy species.. I've seen them out feeding is some really bitter cold temperatures. They seemed happy as could be.... I doubt it's a temperature issue as they can survive in almost all US climates.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

A state veterinarian told NBC that preliminary necropsy results from several birds show that they died of "multiple blunt trauma to their vital organs," though what caused the trauma remains uncertain. According to Dr. George Badley, their stomachs were empty, so they weren't poisoned, and they died in midair, not upon impact with the ground.

necropsy results would have shown any toxins in their blood as in poisonous gas
No, this was the result of some massive concussive force, one that apparently is still going on as more reports filter in from various places around the globe...

As for me I haven't a clue. maybe Leprechaun's are the cause????? To soon to say

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

We have local red wing black birds in Michigan that stay all year round if you keep feeding them.. I don't think temp. had anything to do with it..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
3000 birds out of a couple of hundred thousand that winter there isn't too bad. Now the birds don't see too well and fireworks were going off pretty steady. Black triangle

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was curious about the temperature also. I live in Fort Smith AR and I traveled up to Memphis, TN for the weekend. It's about a 4 hour drive East on I-40 and passes right through Little Rock. Anyway, it had been really cold out here 20-30's for most of December, but for some reason on the 30th and 31st the temperature had shot up to around 60-70 degrees for those two days. I left for Memphis on Friday the 31st and on my way noticed swarms of blackbirds migrating (or what seemed to be migrating, flying in V shapes). I thought that was bizzarre because I don't recall seeing them flying so late in the year and thought maybe the warmfront had something to do with it. The next day the Sat, the 1st, temperatures were back to the 30's and have stayed that way. I got home on the 2nd and heard about all the dead birds.

Just a thought. Probably not likely anything to do with it.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Hektik1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
maybe some company developed force field tech and the poor birds flew straight into it or b a really large pane of glass after a giant woman wiped it down with windex?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this theory mentioned on the other theory. High powered radar units.

I knew a man that worked for the US government in the 1960's - 1980's, setting up radar sets that the US used for spying on Soviet missile launches. He said that if a flock of birds happened to fly through the beam when the set was active, they would drop from the sky dead as could be.

Unrelated to the thread subject, he also said that seeing objects crossing the 250 mile coverage area in a matter of seconds never raised any eyebrows.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The augur was a priest and official in the classical world, especially ancient Rome and Etruria. His main role was to interpret the will of the gods by studying the flight of birds....

The derivation of the word augur is uncertain; ancient authors believed that it contained the words avi and gero—Latin for "directing the birds"...

Augury sought the divine will regarding any proposed course of action which might affect Rome's pax, fortuna and salus (peace, good fortune and wellbeing).[2] Political, military and civil actions were sanctioned by augury, historically performed by priests of the college of augurs and by haruspices on behalf of senior magistrates.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Has anyone seen this theory mentioned on the other theory. High powered radar units.

Well that's called microwave cooking, and would have left traces that experts would detect. That would also touch ALL organs, not just breast.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I would have thought if radar was responsible then there would be signs of it which would be exclusive to that scenario, rather than just unidentifiable multiple blunt force trauma. Besides, normaly speaking to create blunt force trauma actualy requires a solid object to come into contact with flesh. It would have to be some HELL of a radar blast to smash a bird from the sky. Hell it would have to be a hell of a radar blast to buffet a ping pong ball off a coffee table , let alone stave in the chests of a few hundred birds!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The radar works like a microwave oven, kills the birds in-flight, then they suffer broken bones and bruised tissue when they hit the ground.
At least that was my idea.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join