It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US plan to poison Blackbirds back in 2002

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This pdf wont let me copy and paste, but anyway this is the Audabon Society saying how its against the proposed blackbird kill by the USDA.

Didn't even know they thought of this kind of stuff. lol.

www.aphis.usda.gov...

edit on 4-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Great find! Thank you for bringing this to light.

JT

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
good find more evidence we are earths cancer . Yes by not standing up against this you are part of this cancer , Yes by allowing criminals in office year after year you are part of the cancer. A earth without humans lol how beautiful it would be

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
good find more evidence we are earths cancer . Yes by not standing up against this you are part of this cancer , Yes by allowing criminals in office year after year you are part of the cancer. A earth without humans lol how beautiful it would be

Not really because how can it be beautiful if there is no one around to see it?
edit on 4-1-2011 by KingDoey because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Not really because how can it be beautiful if there is no one around to see it?
edit on 4-1-2011 by KingDoey because: spelling

Did you forget the rest of the species we share the earth with ? There more then just dumb animals .....

Did you forget of possibly how many other life forms are out in space who would visit earth in all her beauty ? without the cancer

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

How do you know that other species from outer space wouldn't be a cancer?

Humans are entitled to utilise the planets resources, after all it is OURS. Yes we share it with animals and plants, and yes i agree that we need to respect them.

However, we are the Kings of the Jungle, the most intelligent species on the planet.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

So intelligent that we rip down the jungle lol

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting... but not likely for the AR birds as they had empty tummies and all died during the same time pocket... Plus they flew and one would speculate that sick birds wouldn't all take to teh sky?

DRC-1339-treated rice is spread in harvested crop fields in the spring. Blackbirds, attracted to the poison banquet, eat the rice and die. APHIS has repeatedly suggested that other bird species or nontarget birds do not eat the poisoned rice and are therefore unaffected or do not die. The fact that nontarget birds will not be attracted to a poison banquet is a highly suspect assumption.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
More from a USDA pdf...

USDA pdf

National Wildlife Research Center Scientists Address Blackbird Damage to Rice
Wildlife Services’(WS) National Wildlife Research Center (NWRC) is the only Federal research facility devoted exclusively to resolving conflicts between people and wildlife through the development of effective, selective, and acceptable methods, tools, and techniques.
Blackbirds, specifically red-winged blackbirds, common grackles, and brown-headed cowbirds, cause extensive damage to newly planted rice and ripening rice. Blackbird damage to rice crops has received much attention in States such as Louisiana, Texas, California, Arkansas, Mississippi and Missouri. Considerable public interest now exists to find better management methods to reduce damage caused by blackbirds.

The preferred poison is DRC-1339 AKA Starlicide..

wikipedia

Usage

In 1966 it was reported that Starlicide is lethal to starlings with an acute oral LD50 of 3.8 milligrams per kilogram body weight, but less toxic to most other birds. Grain-eating game birds [such as bobwhite quail,[3] pheasants (Phasianus colchicus) and rooks (Corvus frugilegus)[4]] were acknowledged to be more vulnerable. Hawks and mammals were resistant to the poison. Starlings were killed in a slow, "nonviolent" death by uremic poisoning and congestion of major organs.[5] The effect was described as "a grayish white, frost-like material of uric acid overlaying the serosal surfaces of the various organs, accompanied by sterile inflammation and necrosis in the affected and adjacent tissues" akin to avian visceral gout.[4] The site of action is believed to be in the kidney[6]
Uses for CPTH include killing blackbirds on sprouting rice[7] and on corn and soybean fields.[8] For these and other uses the poison is often given with brown rice. Research continues to improve the effectiveness of delivery on brown rice by causing the poison to be retained on the bait longer and resist degradation by sunlight.[9][10] The effect of the poison is believed to be cumulative: for example, the LC50 for starlings was 4.7 ppm over 30 days, but only 1.0 ppm when fed for 90 days.[3]
In 2009, a culling with DRC-1339 received national attention after USDA employees dispensed the poison in Griggstown, New Jersey to kill an estimated 5,000 starlings that plagued feed lots and dairies on local farms. When "it began raining birds" community members became alarmed, unsure whether a toxin or disease was at work. Two property owners in the area reported collecting over 150 birds each from their land.

Arkansas and Louisiana are both mentioned in the USDA pdf, I am not familiar with the medical terminology to know if some of the symptoms that these recent bird kills would correlate with the wiki article, but the raining birds portion sounds similar. :shk:

edit on Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:36:54 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: bbcode

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
reply to post by seedofchucky

How do you know that other species from outer space wouldn't be a cancer?

Humans are entitled to utilise the planets resources, after all it is OURS. Yes we share it with animals and plants, and yes i agree that we need to respect them.

However, we are the Kings of the Jungle, the most intelligent species on the planet.

After all its OURS? Just like cancer in humans today right ? Its OURS by we try ever last attempt to get rid of it HMMMMM I WONDER WHY .

"How do you know that other species from outer space wouldn't be a cancer?"

Well i would have to meet them first and have a look at the impact they are leaving . I would see where the good out weighs the bad then further my reccomendation . But for earth i can easily call for a mass voluntary extermination so natural selection can take its path without earths most notorious consuming destructive selfish cancer called humans . I know it sucks to think of humans like this but we got to the top of the food chain by being greedy selfish and consuming with little regard to what we do to mother nature or how much resources we steal from her . You will eventually come around to accept this as its beyond self evident

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If true that violates a Migratory Bird Treaty and other countries will get free $$$ from us for killing birds.

They could NEVER admit to mass killing birds now.

top topics

join