It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure for hangovers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Last time I was in scotland I was told iron bru

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Irn Bru, isn’t alcoholic, but most people make it alcoholic with some Vodka

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

noooo as a hangover cure i was told to drink 2 litres and it would see me feeling better

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
1/2 tablespoon of baking soda in a 10 oz glass of water, mix well and chug it straight down. Some burping will pursue, followed by a settling of the stomach, possible diarrhea which is ok, its the toxins being neutralized and jettisoned out of the body. Best cure: head it off at the pass, right after drinking, have 20 oz of water, an aspirin, and if no food was consumed, eat some dry bread.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jymmyjaymes
1/2 tablespoon of baking soda in a 10 oz glass of water, mix well and chug it straight down. Some burping will pursue, followed by a settling of the stomach, possible diarrhea which is ok, its the toxins being neutralized and jettisoned out of the body.

I agree the toxins will be "jettisoned" out of the body, I would say possibly out of both ends with that salty taste on a hangover. Salt on the potato chips, is soothing. Saltiness in water

You sir, have the strongest stomach ever.....

~~shudders~~
**hugs gingerale**

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Its not the salty taste, but the neutralizing effect it has. I have used baking soda in the past, before working out, it buffers the stomach acids and extends endurance. I used to do a heaping tablespoon, and although it was nasty, it always stayed down. Its not for every one, I would prefer the potato chips too

edit on 6-1-2011 by jymmyjaymes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

When searching for folks remedies I always listen to a man who has two first names.

When dealing with a hangover you have to address 3 things:

Dehydration : Drink some gatorade

Toxins: For this eat some fresh fruit, or a green drink, I used to have REALLY bad hangovers, they'd last a whole day or two, but if I ate 5 or 6 Granny Smith Apples it would clear me up in about an hour.

Metabolism: Alcohol is burned as a fuel, it takes over for glycogen which is your primary fuel source, .... if you have nothing in your stomach your body will switch from alcohol to ketones, which can be a long and crappy process, ..... so eat before you go to sleep, and upon waking up, this will give you the carbs you need to smoothly transition back to glycogen.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hair of the dog baby...

the only true remedy

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
(for non work days) when ya get up feeling like hadies is coming over,wake your best buddy pour two small shots wiskey or vodka....gag it down then have a smoke and a beer its never to early remember that lol.

(working morning hangovers) your F'ed,no way around it,sucks just gotta deal wait till 5

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I get the *worst* hangovers, it is unreal! Although, I do consume large amounts at a time, so what can I expect?

I prepare myself before the drinking starts, by taking what is called ''lifeline'', then if I remember to do so, I drink a pint of water before sleep.
The next day I still wake with a headache and feeling rough, but not as bad as I should.
I drink a glass of Alka-Seltzer, and spend the rest of the day doing as little as possible.

Does this work well? No - but I dread to think how I would feel if I didn't do all that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join