It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will 'Birther' Debate End?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hawaiian governor wants to put president's birth debate to rest.

I just thought to poke a dead horse one more time and post this, this came up on December 30, 2010 and is from FOX News.

What's fun is going to see what FOX News fans who also believe that Obama is some Kenyan born charlatan will say about this.

Even FOX News doesn't believe this nonsense.

But the new Hawaiian governor wants to settle this once and for all, personally I think it's a political ploy to make the GOP look bad. I don't think that he should mess with this dead horse. But if he wants to, I guess he could have asked the POTUS when he was in Hawaii. But I really don't see the point.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well Tingles is pushing for the Birth Certificate.

Are you going to start calling Tingles a birther?

Whatever-www.breitbart.tv...

edit to add, yeah the debate will end when Obama attempts to run in 4 states that are requiring evidence of eligibility. Wonder if the fact that having one parent not a US citizen, does not allot him the status of Natural Born Citizen. Oh well, would that not be a hoot. I am sure the argument will become then, that anyone should be able to be president, even Putin.

edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Wonder if the fact that having one parent not a US citizen, does not allot him the status of Natural Born Citizen.

Still blowing off the 14th Amendment I see.

Na, I don't think he is a birther, I think it's a political ploy.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

BORN IN THE USA? Hawaii guv suddenly 'mum' on Obama birth 'certificate' Read more: Hawaii guv suddenly 'mum' on Obama birth 'certificate' www.wnd.com...

Looks like Abercrombie, has realised there is actually no BC.

Election official: I’d testify Obama not born in Hawaii

The former Honolulu elections clerk who says President Obama was “definitely” not born in Hawaii and has no birth certificate from any hospital in the Aloha State says he’s willing to testify in court to those facts.

“The things I’ve said, I don’t mind testifying in court,” Tim Adams, the senior elections clerk for the city and county of Honolulu in the 2008 campaign, told WND in an exclusive interview.

“I was working there, and this is what it was. I’m not a lawyer, just a civil servant. I know what I know. I know what I was told by the hospitals and by my supervisors.”

Adams, a Hillary Clinton supporter who now teaches English at Western Kentucky University while he works on his master’s degree, burst onto the scene last week in a WND story in which he asserted Obama was not born in Hawaii as the White House claims and that a long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate for Obama does not even exist there.

“There is no birth certificate,” he said. “It’s like an open secret. There isn’t one. Everyone in the government there knows this.”

americangrandjury.org...

edit on 4-1-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: forgot link

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I hope the damn issue dies. If President Obama (who ran on a pledge of government transparency, if you will recall) would just release the information he would go along way to take the wind out of the birther's sails.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Show me where the 14th amendment addresses Presidential relevance. Might have to use that in future debates. Would be funny. Here is a link with the Constitution-www.constitutionallibertarian.co.cc...

14th-

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,* and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
*Changed by section 1 of the Twenty-Sixth Amendment.

Please show me the component that redefined "Natural Born Citizen". It would be an interesting evaluation.

edit to add-

This is my whole evaluation of the Birther issue, it was created to sidestep the VERY relevant issue that even if Obama was born in Hawaii, he does not meet the Natural Born Citizen component of the Constitution. So you can bloviate all you want about it, come 2012 the issue will be addressed, or Obama will not make it onto several states ballots. How bout them apples.
edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The birther movement, dare I say, is akin to the Moon landing (I just flinched)
Regardless of the "proof" regardless of the "evidence" it will never be resolved.

Some in government may enjoy and use that, others, well, I'll bet there are others that know the truth, whatever it may be.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Hawaiian governor wants to put president's birth debate to rest.

I just thought to poke a dead horse one more time and post this, this came up on December 30, 2010 and is from FOX News.

What's fun is going to see what FOX News fans who also believe that Obama is some Kenyan born charlatan will say about this.

Even FOX News doesn't believe this nonsense.

But the new Hawaiian governor wants to settle this once and for all, personally I think it's a political ploy to make the GOP look bad. I don't think that he should mess with this dead horse. But if he wants to, I guess he could have asked the POTUS when he was in Hawaii. But I really don't see the point.

Will it ever end? Don't know.

But what I do know is this:

And now for the latest ATS member to create a thread about obama's legitimacy ...

***drum roll*** .........

YOU (the OP) - a lib and one of obama's most vocal supporters are the one reminding everyone about this subject .

Go figure ...

edit on 1/4/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The birther movement, dare I say, is akin to the Moon landing (I just flinched)
Regardless of the "proof" regardless of the "evidence" it will never be resolved.

Some in government may enjoy and use that, others, well, I'll bet there are others that know the truth, whatever it may be.

Well that's an interesting fringe viewpoint you have there.

BORN IN THE USA? CNN's bad news for Obama: 6 of 10 doubt U.S. birth story Poll numbers for those questioning eligibility status continue to rise www.wnd.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Not even FOX News believes the birthers. Cmon, FOX News hates Obama and everything that this president stands for. And they don't even buy this birther nonsense.

I just thought I would bring you the FOX News perspective on the subject. I do believe that the purpose of the Hawaii Governor in doing this now is just to stir up a hornets nest among the GOP and make conservatives look bad.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

BWAHAHAHAHA
If I weren't "fringe" in some of my thinking, I'd be posting on some mainstream site!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The really tiresome thing is that there is obviously a problem here.
Why the man just didn't release a copy of a certified birth certificate from the beginning is baffling.
It is a common document that all American citizens, if they do not possess, can readily obtain, and require for practically any official thing (driver's license, marriage, etc...)

The veil of mystery surrounding this whole fiasco furthers the entire premise that one truly does not exist.

And if so, he should not be the President of the United States as per our Constitution. Period.

Why such a friggin' debate? Why do we always have to make such mountains out of these matters?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
Why the man just didn't release a copy of a certified birth certificate from the beginning is baffling.

He did release a copy of a certified Birth Certificate.

WND says Abercrombie is "suddenly mum" because he turned down an interview with them.
Abercrombiehas already said what he wants to do and he has people working on it. What more do you want to hear? A repeat of his opinion? Why don't you just read the stories on it again? Or maybe Obama has asked him to shut up. But just because he won't interview with WND hardly means he's 'mum'.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Well of course you are going to bring other people's views to the table.

That is ALL you ever do.

You put words in other people's mouths all the time.

It is your main debate tactic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm not actually debating anything in this thread really, I just wanted to present the latest in this sad weak conspiracy. Thought it might be interesting. I personally just think it's a political tactic by the Governor to bring out the worst in the TEA Party and the GOP.

I wonder if he is right?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by thegoodearth

He did release a copy of a certified Birth Certificate.

WND says Abercrombie is "suddenly mum" because he turned down an interview with them.
Abercrombiehas already said what he wants to do and he has people working on it. What more do you want to hear? A repeat of his opinion? Why don't you just read the stories on it again? Or maybe Obama has asked him to shut up. But just because he won't interview with WND hardly means he's 'mum'.

Looks like he has realised there is in fact no B.C as a senior election official has publicy stated.

As for the 'reciept of a BC' that he posted online - even that is fraudulent, really you minority 'elligibilisters' are going to have to come up with at least one piece of actual evidence to back up your beliefs - otherwise no-one is going to take you seriously.

Below is the reason Barack Obama chose to only allow two unqualified people from Factcheck.org to examine the manipulated COLB posted online by Obama's campaign/supporters. As you may or may not know even the State of Hawaii's Department of Health, Director of Communications Janice Okubo, confirms that the image published and circulated by the Obama campaign as his "birth certificate" lacks the necessary embossed seal and signature. This explains why Obama would not allow ANY person in the Media to examine the COLB, or any of his records for that matter!

obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I always care not about this as all americans are mostly foreign anyway.

But whether true or not why do you people even care?

I have never been interested in this story and will not. Why should it really matter the geezer is there now what can you do anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe Obama is a Keynesian charlatan...but I digress.

One day, this stupid debate will be over...And that will be in 2012 when Obama loses the presidency and we get another statist douche bag to run the country for 4 years....That is, if there's a country by then.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Looks like he has realised there is in fact no B.C as a senior election official has publicy stated.

A senior election official?

I'm sorry. Speculation on a blog proves nothing. Here's what Okubo actually said that your blogs twisted to suit their agenda:

The Hawaii Department of Health receives about a dozen e-mail inquiries a day about Obama's birth certificate, spokesman Okubo said.

"I guess the big issue that's being raised is the lack of an embossed seal and a signature," Okubo said, pointing out that in Hawaii, both those things are on the back of the document. "Because they scanned the front … you wouldn't see those things."

Okubo says she got a copy of her own birth certificate last year and it is identical to the Obama one we received.

Source

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"senior official" - yes that's correct - one who has stated that he is willing to tetify in court that 'it was common knowlege that there was no BC for Obama in hawai' - I'm afraid putting a silly smily face beside it doesnt quite count as an argument!

Your evasions are becoming thinner and more trasparent by the day - I'm sorry unless you can provide some proof of your ridiculous claim that Obama is elligable I am going to have to stop listening to you!

here is another 'senior official'

A senior official in the State of Hawaii's Department of Health, Director of Communications Janice Okubo, confirms that the image published and circulated by the Obama campaign as his "birth certificate" lacks the necessary embossed seal and signature. Backing away from a quote attributed to her that the image on the campaign site was "valid," she told the St. Petersburg (Florida) Times in an article published yesterday: "I don't know that it's possible for us to even say beyond a doubt what the image on the site represents."
israelinsider.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join