It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, and you thought I was conspiracy factualist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I found this report from this site-John Boehner-Republican Leader

The introduction to the report-Death by a Thousand Cuts-Democrats' War on American Jobs

Since taking control of the United States Congress, congressional Democrats have waged
an undeclared but aggressive policy war that poses a rising threat to millions of American jobs
and the prosperity of millions of American families.

It is a war necessitated by the Democratic Party’s ideological quest for increased
spending and bigger government, and its reluctance to finance its ambitions by cutting spending
and reducing existing waste, fraud, and abuse.

It is a war that turns a blind eye to the economic insecurities of working families, as
politicians seek to take more from workers’ paychecks and small businesses at a time when
families are already struggling with rising mortgage rates, mounting debt, skyrocketing gas
prices, and soaring health care costs – forcing workers to surrender an even larger share of
their economic freedom for a government expansion they didn’t ask for and don’t want.
It is a war fueled by the Democratic Party’s preference for government over the private
sector, and its mistaken belief that American jobs are created by government policies and
programs rather than small business and free enterprise.

The following report is the first comprehensive look at the full scope of the attacks
launched against the American private sector by the Democratic Majority since it assumed
power in January 2007. It catalogs and chronicles the weapons congressional Democrats
deployed during the first session of the 110th Congress to finance their expansionist agenda –
an arsenal of tax hikes, increased regulation, expanded bureaucracy, and new avenues for
lawsuits and litigation.

Collectively, the Democrats’ broad and reckless use of such weapons of economic havoc
constitutes an undeclared war on American jobs – one likely to culminate in shrinking
paychecks, job cuts, higher energy prices, and increased economic anxiety for tens of millions
of working Americans.

I guess I have some reading to do. I am beginning to think ol John Boy would fit in nicely here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Do you have any comments of your own on this?

Boehner is just repeated the same stale party line that has been in place for decades. He is not saying anything new. He is not saying anything insightful. He could have said this at any point in the past four decades and it would have been just as fresh and relevant (hint: not at all fresh or relevant).

The Republicans don't care about cutting spending, except on welfare.

The Republicans don't care about creating jobs, unless you're working towards their goals.

The Republicans don't care about you any more than the Democrats do.

If you believe otherwise then you are a patsy and a rube, falling for the same carnival games every year. I am not reading 58 pages of the same tired old partisan lies and no, I am not a Democrat.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Well than why did you have to comment? Oh because you just had to right?

As I said, I am in the middle of reading it and evaluating the accuracy of it. You know, working. Instead of just snidely remarking on things.

I like to look back at things like this and see how accurate their predictions were. Bout 10 pages into it and so far so good. A lot of what was covered, about job killing bills is pretty accurate so far.

I will evaluate it some more.

But of course you not reading it, should REALLY make your evaluation of what is in it really accurate huh, smedley?

edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It is my right to express myself freely and it is my prerogative to combat partisan hacks and bullpucky. It is also the slogan of this site to Deny Ignorance.

Just because you are reading the source does not make you less ignorant than me. You are allowing John Boner and friends to program you as a partisan. By reading this obvious nonsense (everything in the introduction is a retread of tired conservative rhetoric and it gives me absolutely no reason to read it unless I already agree with its basic premises) you are willfully embracing trained ignorance.

The emotional tone of the introduction is the most overt clue that this is a polemic meant for die-hard Republican fanboys and nobody else. Absolutely nothing in the table of contents is new. It's like you're getting excited about the new edition of the thesaurus. Take this as a criticism of the Democrats if you wish - their policies have changed so little for so long that Republicans can use the same exhausted bull to win over their fans.

edit: You posted this thread before reading the source?? How did you know when you posted this thread, without having read the report, that it was a good report?
edit on 4-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Wow, do you know everything about every source you post here?

Should I have to do a dissertation or a master's thesis on it before posting?

Boy, it seems you do not like my threads, maybe you should avoid them. For your info, I have found a couple problems in the information so far. I have found a lot that are correct in their evaluation though.

Of course you, know that ALL of it is false based upon the source. Typical partisan.

Go flame someone else for awhile.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I didn't say that it is false. You keep presuming that I am a Democrat partisan because you are stuck in the partisan frame of mind. I am critical of it because it is reinforcing the bogus party divide in America.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Alright, You point to ONE THING in the OP that gives a grade to the report. One thing!

Yes, the title says Conspiracy Factualist. I do not say theorist because that is already a tone created by those that want to degrade something.

NO, IT IS YOU THAT HAS BEEN THE HACK.

Right off the bat you state because it comes from one source you are not going to bother with it and that SIR is a fallacious argument.

You can attempt to define your actions as being above board but you sir are acting just like someone programmed. You do not attempt to break down the tenet, you attack the presenter. Just as ALL hacks do.

Go away before I taunt you a second time.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Exactly gw bush increased gov power just as much as bill clinton and obama have done.

No difference.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

“[T]his new Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: pay-as-you-go, no new deficit spending. Our new America will provide unlimited opportunities for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt.” (Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, 1/4/07)

I guess that PayGo did not work out so well.

Whatever happened to the infrastructure investment?

Diversion of Funds from Bridges to Non-Priority Items (Transportation-HUD Appropriations Bill). At a time when the nation’s roads and bridges need attention – as demonstrated by the recent collapse of a bridge in Minneapolis – the federal government continues to divert large amounts of money to bike paths and other cosmetic projects that could be funded locally. More than 73,000 bridges across the United States are considered structurally deficient. Yet according to Transportation Secretary Peters, only about 60 percent of the Highway Trust Fund is directed toward highway and bridge construction. The Congressional Budget Office [CBO] also has reported that while transportation spending has increased, funding for infrastructure has declined. The House Transportation appropriations bill for fiscal year 2008 also contains more than 1,400 earmarks at a cost of $2.2 billion.

Who is funding loans to China and India?

The World Bank’s Misdirected Priorities (State-Foreign Operations Appropriations Bill). The United States is the leading contributor to the World Bank, and will spend more than $1 billion helping finance the lending institution in 2008. But the Bank has strayed widely from its mission of providing funding for the world’s poorest countries and those who cannot receive credit elsewhere. More than 80 percent of the Bank’s loans flow to middle-income governments instead of those who need help most. Two of the top loan recipients – China and India – are among the stiffest competitors to the U.S. in a globalizing world. China has the second largest [GDP] in the world and is awash with foreign direct investment. Yet China continues to receive more than $1 billion a year in subsidized loans from the Bank. Iran has been a top 10 recipient of World Bank subsidized loans in recent years. Despite all this, the State-Foreign Operations bill does nothing to redirect the World Bank toward its original mission.

Wonder if the huge increase in the intelligence apparatchik had anything to do with the 110th and 111 Congress?

Intelligent Earmarking: PAC Contributors Get Earmarks in Intelligence Bill. “A new political action committee [BEST PAC] created by the brother of [House Intelligence Committee Chair] Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D-Texas) raised $50,000 this spring almost entirely from staff and clients of powerhouse lobbying shop PMA Group, and within weeks, those same donors reaped millions of dollars in earmarks from Reyes and other Members of Congress closely affiliated with PMA … Most of the donations were made on May 7, four days before the Intelligence panel approved the 2008 intelligence authorization bill, which included earmarks for several donors to the PAC … Many of the donors to BEST PAC also are long-time supporters of Reps. John Murtha (D-Pa.), Alan Mollohan (D-W.Va.) and Peter Visclosky (D-Ind.).” (Roll Call, 10/1/07)

Just a couple relevant items to what we see today. So far nothing really prescient, but a pretty good read so far.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
I found this report from this site-John Boehner-Republican Leader

I guess I have some reading to do. I am beginning to think ol John Boy would fit in nicely here at ATS.

Good idea...research...maybe start with this vid where Boehner admits to handing out checks from Big Tobacco companies to congressmen on the floor of the house just prior to a vote to limit advertising to children.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yeah, I already know about that.

But I guess this report just being on his site, must mean he created it. Hmmmm, not so much.

And your use of an attack on the source, is typical.

But you folks already have one of those types here, you ganging up on me?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Of course he created it. Look at the title page.

A Special Report By:
Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH)
Republican Whip Roy Blunt (R-MO)
Conference Chairman Adam Putnam (R-FL)
Chief Deputy Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA)
DECEMBER 2007

Can you trust a man who admits to distributing bribes in Congress? Maybe he's not being honest in this report either.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

One day, you're going to wake up and realize that you've been lied to all along.

Until then, people will continue to call you out on toeing a party line.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

And your use of an attack on the source, is typical.

As is the complete indifference to the credibility of sources...as long as the BS synchs with your worldview...right?

Actions...not words...I trust Boehner to take money from corporations and do thier bidding...he has proved this in a pretty huge way and admitted it. Beyond what corporations pay him to do...I don't trust him. He lies. He does it for power and money. He thinks in terms of power, money and the agenda that will lead him there. Truth or the welfare of the average American has no place in his mind.

Otherwise...of course I don't trust tripe he posts on his website to that end. I don't trust corrupt folks...and certainly not folks who have proven they are corrupt. Geeze, even his fellow GOP called him out on it...of course that is when the GOP had a reasonable number of semi-honest politicians in DC. Those days are gone....which ironically paved the way for Boehner's rise to the top.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

One day, you're going to wake up and realize that you've been lied to all along.

Until then, people will continue to call you out on toeing a party line.

You are more of an optimist than I.

I am of the mind that day has come and passed...and folks like this simply learned not to care.

Idealogical Agenda is more important than truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yep most people will simply not get it ever, so its just a waste of time. Even if the truth for instance that they where being watched in there home was shown to them with videos, the people would still not accept it.

Most people do not and will not want to know anything other than watching eastenders or dallas or what ever is on tv today.

new topics

top topics

join