It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Full Metal Jacket' drill instructor apologizes for calling on Americans to 'rise up' against Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
He said what he felt, but he also has a lucrative TV and Commercial career. He doesn't need any backlash that could cost him an income.

Yes, but eventually that's what it's going to take - a martyr. It sure would have been nice if it had been him. Eventually though. Someone high profile is going to get fed up and refuse to back pedal when chastised for mere words. He/she will be easy to spot. They'll draw strength and get louder the more pressure the current admin puts on them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Totally agree. It will take a popular martyr. It will take significant sacrifice to that person.

Jessie Ventura? Gunnie? Or just some regular Joe with the perfect story to tell, and enough friends to back him up. Eventually some government official will step on the wrong toes and people will rally around that individual to the point of a major standoff.

Ruby Ridge? Waco? So far the martyrs have been just shady enough to not draw the support they deserved, but eventually an innocent party will suffer, stand their ground, and draw the support of the masses.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yup. I don't think it will be Ventura. He talks a good talk, but all he is doing is his show. Don't get me wrong, that's more than most are doing to expose things, but that's as far as he will push it. Waco was too early to make much of an impact. If it happened tomorrow instead of years ago, I think it would be held in a different light and probably be the spark that set things off.

Depending on what they do with HR 510 and how far they take it, it might just be a group of 50+ year old farmers protecting their livelyhoods. Whoever it is or whatever sets things in motion it will be instantaneous. No slow build up, no posturing, but 0 to Mach 3 in a heartbeat. Just like any good old fashioned bar fight. lol
edit on 4-1-2011 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

No slow build up, no posturing, but 0 to Mach 3 in a heartbeat. Just like any good old fashioned bar fight. lol

Perfect analogy! In fact, I have used it before as well!

It won't be one event. When something happens, it will simultaneously happen all over the country. Just like in a bar fight, It might be just one glance, but it starts 3 or 4 or 10 fights all at the same time. There is something about the energy, and the stress, and the breaking points, and it always seems to happen that way.

I think you are correct. The build up and posturing is over, everyone is standing quietly in the background just playing defense and waiting for something to happen.

I think the Tea Party / Republican victories in November cooled things off a little bit. They provided a short reprieve and left many people with feelings of hope for the near future, but if these new electees start to go backwards on their campaign promises, things will heat up even worse than before!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yup! It's make or break time for the newly in office. We've taken a beating on one cheek already. If this turn of cheek gets abused just as hard, there will be only one viable recourse: D-i-v-o-r-c-e. LOL I so hope someone tells them "It's not you, it's me.. really... I hope we can still be friends." as we kick them out of the house..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just another loudmouth Hollywood type that thinks he knows it all.

If I'm correct, he hasn't served a day in the armed forces.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The fact that he blames the economy on Obama and doesn't spread the blame to his Republican buddies means he's not too informed and is playing into the false left/right paradigm. His idea of "rising up" isn't rising up against the police state, bankers, overbearing federal government or wars for empire... his idea of rising up is getting his party in charge. It would not surprise me to see him become a Fox News contributor in the future.

I don't think he meant anything like violent revolution or disobeying orders, but something more along the lines of voting Obama out. Marines are voters too.
edit on 4-1-2011 by ayoss because: Added false left/right stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Actually he was an ex marine drill instructor, and if I'm correct he was also in Vietnam.
edit on 4-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Born in Emporia, Kansas, Ermey enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1961. Ermey was a drill instructor at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California, and Parris Island, South Carolina from 1965 to 1967. In 1968, Ermey arrived in Vietnam where he served for 14 months with the Marine Wing Support Group 17. He then served two tours of duty in Okinawa, Japan, during which he rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6) and was medically retired in 1972 for several injuries incurred during his tours

Source

He was a "real" drill instructor and retired Marine, but he got famous for the movie "full-metal jacket." I don't think he is a typical Hollywood type.
edit on 4-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join