It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missle launch off Padre Island National Seashore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashbehr
. I am just wondering if we are at war with someone or something and we just don't know it yet.

Crash

Yep. We're at war and missiles are hitting the US every hour....facepalm

edit on 1/4/2011 by howmuch4another because: i can't spell

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

No, me making that statement shows that I understand perspective.

Oh look another rocket launch:

And this is an actual rocket launch, notice how camera angle barely changes as it moves up, see this rocket is heading virtually straight up, whereas the the one in the OP video was heading straight towards the camera, eventually flying overhead, you can see that they had the camera pointing straight up.

edit on 4/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've worked on ICBM's and launched them. I'm not saying that this is def a missile. but it sure acted like one. So did the object a few months back. I'm sure something is going on that the public isn't aware of. If there is, they should just tell us so we can protect our nation with them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

It took them ages to confirm the Caifornia one was just a plane, it's called an optical illusion, I see them all the time, as do many other people.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yup, are people getting stupider these days or what?

It's a freaking contrail!!!

a contrail dissipates & doesnt get that long

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by skywatcher87

A contrail can last for hours in the right conditions, and be as long as the plane travels at the right altitude / temperature.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Contrail.

That should be all one needs to say but from reading the other posts made thus far on this thread I can see that it’s not. To me the first time I watched it I saw a contrail that looked rather odd as a result of a optical illusion which could be caused by just about anything and compounded by the fact this is a recording made on a phone.

The problem we have is one that is all to familiar on ATS people only believe what they want to believe rather than the facts that are presented. You probably know deep down that this is a contrail but the alternative of it being a top secret missile is much more exciting means you can all start a big discussion about how it’s a new anti-satellite missile or how America is secretly at war with the Chinese or that this was a pre-emptive nuclear strike on a alien craft. This is all much more exciting than talking about a contrail video some guy took on his mobile phone when he was out walking his dog. It also means you can all continue with your paranoid fantasies that at any point the earth is going to end and finally you can tell all your dead friends that they should have listened to you. Time and time again on ATS we see this, people believe what they want to believe and because ATS is full of pessimistic fantasists, everyone wants to believe that there is a secret war, the government are up to something “evil” under the orders of the NWO and this video might go some way to proving that the reptilians and Satan are about to come knocking at your door. But deep down you all know this is most likely a contrail.

edit on 6-1-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is the third secret missile launch reported.

Information on the first two can be found here:

fascistsoup.com...
edit on 6-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Those were debunked!! or at least the california one, dunno about the other one.....but its a trend, people are noticing this optical illusion with planes / contrails, and after they seen one video, they think it's a missile, ITS A CONTRAIL!

All people need to do is start using some common sense, open their eyes and stop seeing what they want to see and start seeing stuff for what it really is, in this case A CONTRAIL left by a plane flying towards the camera giving the impression it is going straight up.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Another thing...given it's height, the contrail should not be that straight, unless it was moving very fast. The higher you go into the atmosphere, the higher the wind speed. The earth has multiple layers of atmosphere that exhibit different properties. Even on a calm day at ground level, you can still have savage winds in high altitude, even with no clouds.

I'm a pilot and getting a degree in air traffic control (not saying I'm know everything, but I know more than the average person) - your explanation and way of thinking regarding the upper atmosphere is very elementary. It doesn't necessarily work that way. It all depends on what type of pressure system and/or front is over the area.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Gixxer

No, me making that statement shows that I understand perspective.

And this is an actual rocket launch, notice how camera angle barely changes as it moves up, see this rocket is heading virtually straight up, whereas the the one in the OP video was heading straight towards the camera, eventually flying overhead, you can see that they had the camera pointing straight up.

edit on 4/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Great explanation! When looking at the sky, many people forget to take into consideration that Earth is round. They percieve the sky as being 2D, not 3D. In addition to the camera angle barely changing, a rocket launching will also turn to follow the curvature of Earth, which is clearly visible in your video and also when watching the Space Shuttle launch.
edit on 6-1-2011 by kyle12345 because: Added 2nd quote.

edit on 6-1-2011 by kyle12345 because: fixed some words

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Seems there was a missile was launched from somewhere near Houston in '09, this thread has a link to a news story and the sheriff's dept. got calls from the FAA - www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/7/11 by I.C. Weiner because: new info

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ahhhh. Nice to see the normal naysayers in here.

How many will it take before you all pull your heads out of the sand?

Funny how no government officials no what is going on, until days or weeks after the fact, then give lame answers, and you all just eat it up.

Kind of like fireworks causing mass deaths in birds and fishes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

When have you seen a fire ball behind a plane making a contrail ?. What you don't know is that it means that we can't prevent Chinese subs from getting close to our shores and cutting reaction times to ZERO . China doesn't like us at all and they are showing us how vulnerable we are . Iran has the same kind of subs and we have been pushing them too . While you are being cute one of these missiles could be used to kill you . If a false flag operation were to occur and Iran was blamed we would have to respond in kind . Like Vietnam

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Oh I think the Govt officials know about these things, they just aren't telling us and even if they did and when they do I don't believe them - not for a minute. TPTB biggest liars on the planet!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join