It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21, 2011 and Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this overnight and thought I would take a moment to make a quick post about this. This is also the first time I have been able to post on my own!!! YAY!!!

Anyway to the point. I was thinking about the forum yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com... I hope that link works. I just realized something interesting there. On the predictions for 2011 someone predicted a second coming of a christ like figure. There is also this church that is spreading the word of the end of times on May 21, 2011. So it just hit me what if that prediction is true and there is a second coming of a christ like figure. What if this church or religious group that is spreading this date tries to play off a second coming with a false idol. This would be interesting to me for two reasons.

First these days it wouldn't surprise me to see a group try and play things off so that they wouldn't be embarrassed. Also why would they be building it up so much if they didn't have alterior motives. I mean the bible explicitly says to spread the word of god not shove it down ones throat (this of course is something that has been done throughout the ages by many christian groups). Sure they can advertise there beliefs and gather followers even have a revivla hear and there. Trust me I know my country and the word would spread quickly. However, thes guys are printing internet advertisements, billboards, local newspapers. All in all they are spending tons of money on this claim. It just screams of something more sinister then good will towards man and embrace god as your one true savior. So basically I am getting at this in saying that what if they are using this to further promote themselves and make some money off the concept.

Second and this one is a bit more off the wall. Does anyone remember an episode of The Outer Limits where a religious group had gotten hold of the Shroud of Turin and used the DNA to impregnate a woman so that she would bring forth the second coming. Well I was thinking about that show last night and what if someone has found a way to use DNA to recreate Christ. That would also fall into the May 21, 2011 and the prediction of a second coming.

Just some food for thought and wanted to see what you all thought.
edit on 1/4/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
it does sound sinister indeed, however and im sure this has been quoted many times...that god says no man will know when the world ends, when the rapture comes....it will be when we least expect it.not when its planned and forecast and flyers and advertisments about it....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's just another one of those biblical prophecies like all the rest. The rest of the hundreds of "end of the world" prophecies failed miserably and absolutely nothing happened. We will still be here for at least another century, that is if we're not evacuated by any extraterrestrial forces.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Closest thing I can think of is the 'Final Wave' of the Mayan Calendar countdown begins around that date.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The saddest part about all of this to me is that I got my first post on my own and it came out not as elegant and graceful as I was planning it to be.

I guess what I was getting at wasn't so much that I thought it was going to be the end of the world, as it was a conspiracy of this group trying to fool the world into beliieving that there had been a second coming. Either for financial gain or whatever.

Thanks for replying though, and I would still like to hear thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Probably for attention and possibly for financial gain too. The churches ask for more money from the members and authors even write books about it too.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The bible is man-made. You shouldn't believe anything from that book. Jesus Christ doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I predict that May 21, 2011 will be my 39th birthday and that I will feel even older and closer to death than I already do.

top topics

join