It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud boom reported in Los Angeles & news? report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

That's fascinating, Luxus! I keep thinking some kind of 'wave' also - especially after reading Beebe residents reported 'canon-like' explosion sounds. I just don't have the science to put together coherent pieces of the puzzle.

I don't know that transformers did blow, only that sounds where similar to that. Sitting at the epicenter of a small earthquake will produce that same sound. The USA Today article stated that residents heard between 5 and 12 such sounds.

One thing is for sure though - tissue trauma in midair is the result of a powerful force. Since scores of birds fell in open areas, on roads and on top of roofs - within a 1-mile radius - colliding with homes and trees just doesn't explain it. With a population equal to the number of birds that fell, Beebe just doesn't have the condensed structures and high-risers to make that logical...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
in relation to loud bang post in 1979 i was working underground in a coal mine in notts england we experienced a very loud bang scary when you are 1 mile deep it had a precursor of a high pitched whistle then all hell broke loose we found out that it was a force 4 earth tremor --TREMOR it scared the crap out of us it was reported
in the sun newspaper the next day stating there was no one under ground at the time they retracted that after my colorful phone call

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

True story:
Back in the summer of 2005,sometime around the 4th of July,I had a weird experience like this.I live in Los Angeles,in Wilshire Center near Wilshire & Western.Ok.One night (I don't remember what time it was),me & my cousin were in my room chillin,when all of a sudden,there was this HUGE boom.And when I say huge I mean HUUUUUGE.I mean,we didn't just hear a loud sound like a shotgun blast or somethin.This was like an enormous,deafening blast of energy that lingered on for at least 20-30 seconds.The blast's energy was raining down on the whole building.It rattled the whole apartment building.I could feel the sound waves pulsating through my body.It seemed like the energy field encompassed at least a 4 block radius.I mean,I instantly thought a bomb ornuke had just been dropped on the neighborhood,or the nearby DWP station had blown up or somethin.We immediately ran to the balcony,expecting to see huge,blazing crater in the neighborhood.But to our surprise,there was nothing.Just nothin.We turned on the news.Nothin.No breaking news alerts explaining it or anything.We waited up all night watching the news from the balcony.Not only did the news not say anything about it,but we noticed that absolutely NO police cars,fire trucks or cop helicopters ever came.We didn't see a cop car or hear a siren all night.Keep in mind,this is L.A. in the summer.Any regular night,you can expect to hear cop sirens & helicopters passing by.But there was nothing after this HUGE explosion.It was the weirdest thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i heard that same boom in portland a while ago. it was so loud and everyone came outside their houses and wasn't sure what went on. nobody found out what the noise was...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I cant make a thread on this since I am a new member. I was on Teamspeak with my friend who is in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We heard two loud...what sounded to be explosions..it was loud enough that it picked up on his microphone through the computer...I guess you could compare it to a transformer or a canon like those other cases, maybe a sonic boom, hard to tell through a computer..That was about 15 minutes ago since then hes seen and heard cop cars and firetrucks. Really no clue whether this is connected to those booms or anything going on in the world lately..

Came at a very bad time...We were actually talking about everything going on with the birds and the booms and the odd noises, which I am pretty freaked out about.

EDIT: Just another about 3-4 minutes ago, it was incredibly loud.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Racingfan84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Racingfan84

Hey man.Keep a log of this kinda stuff.Pay attention.Write down when you hear these booms.Write down stuff like the birds dying.It'll help figure out where we're headed.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
One more update...Probably very minor, but another one of my friends near St. Pete, Florida said hearing some quiet booming noises, maybe not even booming noises, but something kinda like it, then a little while ago he heard a louder boom and lost cell phone reception for a second or two. Might be something, might be nothing..

I also got a friend that lives about 15 minutes from him and he heard and saw nothing..so who knows.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
WOW! Another 2 million fish died in Maryland among other deaths around the world, look at this story on ABCNews! abcnews.go.com..., maybe UFO's making Sonic Booms above ground and USO's making them below water?
edit on 6-1-2011 by memarf1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join