It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud boom reported in Los Angeles & news? report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
A crazy loud explosion sound literally "boomed" throughout the San Fernando valley / Los Angeles area.. it was loudest in the Valley from what I could tell.. Some friends and I heard it.. sounded like an explosion, similar thud to the result of 155 Howitzer.

I have a police scanner, Pro-106 for you geeks.. LAPD North Hollywood and Van Nuys.. along with Burbank PD and Burbank Airport PD all reported calls of "shots" or "explosion" heard. Reports came in from as far as Mulholland & Coldwater to Burbank Airport tower.. I did a Google map of Mulholland Drive at coldwater canyon , Los Angeles, CA to 2627 Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505 (Burbank Airport), its 10.1 miles / 21 min drive.

I also dialed in LAFD and Dept Water & Power (DWP).. although both had reports of blown transformers at about a dozen locations, neither found anything as of 1:50am pst.

LAPD eventually found nothing as well, but it took awhile. We stopped counting LAPD North Hollywood division reports of shots / explosion at 15.. LAPD dispatch bundled them all up as one incident, assigned to the same unit. So we listened for 2 hours as one car drove from one report to another periodically reporting over the air "UTL".. unable to locate.

At some point LAPD air unit came up on NoHo advising Burbank tower had reports from several planes re: "sounds of an explosion"

Then I read this story which stated "According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, some Mylar balloons became entangled in some power lines in the 6200 block of Riverton Avenue. The balloons caused a flash and a loud boom heard across a wide stretch of North Hollywood, according to LAFD Captain Tom Sammartano."

This sounds wrong, I was, and am, all over LAFD & PD frequencies... we're hearing LAPD/FD talk all about it right now (well 3 min ago) and they're still asking each-other what happened.

Anyway.. I'm curious how this might relate to others reporting similar odd noises.. and saw the article.. which sounds like an early report that got, uh.. "reported".

Here's a link:
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
That's pretty weird. I'm a couple of hours north of LA and haven't heard nething in the new. I'll post if i do.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Which one do you want replies to?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Duplicate thread. Please direct your comments to this thread.

Thread closed.

top topics

join