It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Your Food Suddenly Disgusting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Most of us probably had some sort of Chritmas dinner this past week. And most of us also had to clean up after that dinner.

As I was scraping leftover food off the plates so I could wash them I stuck half my hand in what I can only refer to now as gracranham juice. lol

Suddenly it was as if this was tainting my very being. I thought ewwww, nasty! Then I thought wait a minute.... I just got through eating off this very plate. So why is delicious food suddenly as nasty as a public bathroom if it gets on you not 5minutes after you finish eating?

I know I am not the only one who does this. Or maybe I am. Anyone here ever notice it?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Dunno, I searched for the thing you said, and I dunno what it is.

So... It was just turkey and pig grease to me..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

The gracranham juice was just what I called it because it was all mixed together.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

God, I love fats of all types. Sounds nice.

Seriously, my body just craves fatty things (preferably natural fats from lamb or beef). And yes, I'm a skinny bugger.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That started happening to me about 20 years ago, first like you said, then veins and gristle in my meat, at first occasionally and then more and more frequently. I quickly became a vegetarian, and have never had the problem again since.
And please, before anyone tries to turn this into a bash the vegetarians thread, I'm not suggesting you become a vegetarian, just relating my experience, y'all can eat whatever you want.

-J

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by internationalcriminal

I have an issue with fatty meat too. I don't eat it a lot.

I am mainly talking about when you have food left over on plates and some of it gets on you while you are throwing it away. And suddenly it's nasty. You can eat with your hands all day long and it isn't nasty. But you don't want to touch it after you are through with it. It's like your brain has already marked it for trashwhen you are full so subconciously if you get it on you it is disgusting.

Lol I think it is a difficult thing to explain....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

We are alike! I love very lean steak but bacon is awesome!
I have put awat a pound on my own and weigh in around 100. I however can't stand biting into gristle or meat that has more fat than actual meat.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by internationalcriminal

I completely understand. In the last few years, my body has gravitated towards natural foods, and the sight of a McDonald's hamburger is enough to make me feel sick. I eat anything I can catch or grow (with some farm-feed animals thrown in).

I certainly wouldn't want to bash the veges. They're awesome!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

edit on 4-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Sweet fancy Moses save me from the double posts....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I get what you mean. Interesting thought too, being through with the food and it now being "scraps" and unclean. I guess your brain thinks there must be some reason for it being left over, there must be something wrong with it, or else it would be eaten by now.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Tastes do change. I used to cook a lot of hamburger. For about 5 years now I have a hard time cooking then eating it. The more gristle and fat I see I can't eat it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Yes, I'll very happily eat pure fat from a lamb, but looking at processed foods right now makes me sick

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

edit on 4-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

Yay! A star for that simply because!
I was starting to feel crazy! lol

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Haha, gave both your latest posts a star now too.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

And a star is born.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by badw0lf

The gracranham juice was just what I called it because it was all mixed together.

Haha lol Ok, fair enough..

TBH it sounds delicious...

o.O

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I seriously have this problem with food, I was considered weird where I worked cause when we fed the clients I was always washing my hands after touching their dishes, now I have always been this way, I cannot stand handling the food prior to eating or after, but especially touching someone else's plate after they've eaten, is much worse for me, for some odd reason. It's as bad as drinking out of someone else's cup or eating off their utensil, bleck, I would gag at that!

top topics

join