It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pole flip confirmed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Mishi Okaku(spelling hopefully correct) is a well known astro physisist and he contends the new north pole will be where Brazil is now. A huge shift of the Caribbean plate and the New Madrid Plate. Earthquakes and more importantly tidal waves would destroy most of S.America and the eastern U.S. By eastern I mean anything east of the rockies. Our Earth is changing, there is nothing we can do about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
All the continents move, so does niagara falls, it moves back a few feet every year due to the pressure of the water rubbing against the rock (erosion). All continents used to sit tight together and they all separated and lay where they are at now. So if the north pole is moving it's natural. nothing to be afraid of, it's not going to affect anything in a negative way. As for the moon, I see it at night and in the day some times, and i've been seeing that for years since I was a little kid. I wanna see nibiru that sits by the sun apprantly.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I can assure you the moon is indeed circling the earth at this very moment.
OMG!
The poles are moving!
Galloping towards russia last i heard....how far its gotten im not entirely sure...
But the polaroty shift of the magnetosphere os something never before witnessed .
Not within human memory.Is the whole thing suddenly going to move past a tipping point then snap to the opposite polarity?
Or does the magnetic field dwindle slowly away to build slowly back up to strength?
What would be the repercussions of the mechanics of pole shift?
As out magnetosphere keeps all sorts of gamma rays and other rays from harming life on earth, any reduction in this field cannot be good.
I for onr, would like to see the science of it better explained.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gateway30
reply to post by Arlestron

strange to see it in the day , but not at night since the eclipce.

You are cussing kidding, right? The moon shows up during the day, as scheduled like it always has. Get an almanac and compare it to your sky. You'll see, but you really should know this already. Really.
As too the double-take, it was probably because what the guy was saying was wrong....not a slip, a big error.
Now to teach you about the concept of time. We tend to think in human terms, based on our own generation and those we will experience personally, like our grandparents and grandchildren.
Time based on the speed of light? Completely different.
Geologic time......is discussed in terms of millions of years. A "rapidly" to someone talking about the earth could be anytime from tomorrow to just a few millions years. Which is the person referring to? You can't tell. Does it mean rapidly in the human sense? Highly doubtful, even improbable.

You think "OMG...the poles are going to flip, we're heading south, it will be a catastrophe!"
What a scientist would thing is "OMG....the poles will flip earlier than their projected time of 550,000 years! Wow, that's fast comparing to all the other poleflips which were several million years apart!"(numbers my own for illustration)
See the difference?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes the MAGNETIC poles change position naturally; saw something on discovery .Geologist go to volcanic areas like Hawaii because the lava takes on the magnetic orientation of when it was liquid and by coring samples they can compare the magnetic alignments of the different layers..
Other than our current compasses pointing the opposite direction; I'm not so sure we'll see any physical effects. Certainly nothing as apocalyptic as "massive crust displacement" is 100% sure.Canada is certainly not going to slide around the U.S. to share a border with Mexico on the Yucatan.

edit on 4-1-2011 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
During pole shifts the earth becomes compromised by way of holes or gaps in the magnetosphere,as these holes increase and If ,and its a big IF there are cosmic rays bouncing around outside they seep in,Yes they bombard regions of earth with deadly energy,increasing rapid deaths and possibly randomly killing wildlife that are out doors ,obviously with increase in solar activity starting as I keep on mentioning if you look at spaceweather.com...
clearly you will see on the left the spotless days last year where 51,previous year more spotless days.however right now there is and are no days without a new sunspot hence the sun is firing up.
Second sun flare expected 5-6th Jan
In conclusion,weakened inner magnetosphere combined with increased solar flare activity is a bad combination and will increase the likelihood of cosmic rays hitting landfall.Thats all I have to Add,to say magnetic poleshift is not dangerous is niave,yes we do ,and have passed them safely in the past but that all depends on other factors, factors that are staring every scientist in the face.
not being Alarmist I hope there are NO cosmic rays firing at us,during this phase.Otherwise hotair,but then again.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

We had clear sky's last night and the moon was a small crescent moon but it was definately there.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigslick
Mishi Okaku(spelling hopefully correct) is a well known astro physisist and he contends the new north pole will be where Brazil is now. A huge shift of the Caribbean plate and the New Madrid Plate. Earthquakes and more importantly tidal waves would destroy most of S.America and the eastern U.S. By eastern I mean anything east of the rockies. Our Earth is changing, there is nothing we can do about it.

It's Michio Kaku, and he is not an astrophysicist. He is a theoretical physicist at CCNY and works primarily on string theory. His most recent specialization is in bosonic quantum membranes, which is a sub-discipline of string field theory relating to bosons, which are elementary or composite force carriers, like photon or mesons, respectively. I would love to see a link to him discussing eathquakes and tidal waves related to magnetospere transitions, if there is such a link.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigslick

Flagged

I think this is a great find and the timing seems incredible. "Birds" and for the past week I've been saying "Ice Age", to the what feels like arctic cold here in So.Calif. Wind cuts write thru you if you if you don't have thermals
on.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elocin
reply to post by gateway30

Nor have I, and after reading that other people haven't either, I'm curious now. Can anyone see the moon?

You need to go through this site and learn about Moon Phases,

That site has a pretty comprehensive explanation.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

the silver haired asian guy right? he was on GMA just before after the equinox. I am new to all this posting so I will work on learning how to post a link, but if you search his name and Good morning America you should be able to find it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know it's quite simple to see if the poles have flipped pull out your compass and see if North is still North. If you don't have a compass you should really get one, it's stupid to not have one. You can also check your compass against your GPS system as well. I don't think anyone will have to turn on the news to know it happened.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Silverado292 because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
You know it quite simple to see if the poles have flipped pull out your compass and see if North is still North. If you don't have a compass you should really get one, it's stupid to not have one. You can also check your compass against your GPS system as well. I don't think anyone will have to turn on the news to know it happened.

Good advice! strangely that did not ever occur to me. I'll make that purchase today.

As for people discussing the moon being out of sight, I am in Sydney Australia, wearing a jacket in what are usually searing days and nights of Summer at this time of the year. I have not seen the sky through the grey clouds since New Years day. It is not freezing cold, but this is very strange weather indeed!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lansky

I have several compasses and can verify that magnetic north & south are still where they've always been with no discernable change in terms of the resolution of a hand-held device for over 60 years. True, it's been a cool summer in eastern Oz so far but it's not the first time that's happened (La Nina is the supposed culprit at work). I recall a summer back around 1960 when it was cold enough to warrant having a fire going all day for warmth until late January, a time of year when we'd usually be sweltering on the beach in temperatures over 30C every day. That was caused by an unusual (for that time of year) cold moist airstream from Antarctica producing heavily overcast skies.

Note for those concerned about the 'disappearance' of the moon:
There was a partial solar eclipse yesterday which tells us exactly where it is right now and that's very close to the sun placing the side facing us in complete shadow (new moon) so you're likely to suffer eye damage trying to see it just now but it's still right there where it should be.
edit on 4/1/2011 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Thanks thats comforting to know. All this low unending cloud cover has been freaking me out.. :-)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You can find his interview on the huffington post. If an earthquake hits, big enough to destroy a city like LA. I believe it will be a pre-cursor to the eruption of Yellowstone. That would destroymuch of the eastern U.S. An earthquake in the Carribean plate would trigger an even larger New Madrdid quake, which is over due, and has been forecasted for a large quake for about 25 years. We had a small quake here in the 80's. Tidal waves from the great lakes running bakwards into the atlantic,and the gulf of mexico washing out the great plains.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
First off, yes the poles are reversing, this has happened before, and it will happen again, but it is a slow process, my compass tells me it is currently in the right place.

Secondly, the moon is there, there was a partial eclipse this morning. To the poster who was commenting on it being visible during the day.......thats normal, if the moon is above you, and is in visible sunlight, you will see it, it is rather large you know.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I'm new here,so i'll be brief.With all the article's regarding Pole Shift in the past week's,Tampa and Chicago airport's runway re-numbering,military S.E.U.S.A.GPS recallibrating,Space Weather site graphic's.I have'nt been able to find my compass so remembering what my father taught me,i've been monitoring the water draining in my sink's.I live in N.W Washinton state.Well today was the day,for over an hour i did this with one slight reversal,and now over 2hr's drain's running strong clock wise direction.Anyone able to observe same reaction's in near vicinity?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
if the earth shifted there would be signs other than the moon not being in its place like, the constellations would not be in their places. venus would'nt pop up in the south east like it does every morning around 4-5 am. also GPS and other satellite communications would have problems im sure.

So what if Venus is being driven from within by Aliens, to make it appear that it's where it's supposed to be? Like a big cosmic stage production were the crew moves stage props for the next scene.

And what if it were true of the Moon as well? Now the Moon would directly affect changes to the Earth, like tides, etc.

If one adds an Alien Agenda to the picture then the focus shifts.

Toni

edit on 24-1-2011 by Antoniastar because: of a typo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join