It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request for Evidence Against God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

reply to post by iamaperson

When I said produced I didn't mean created from thin air and I even mentioned CHEMICAL processes. Raw materials (food) go in and our body uses them to produce energy.

Christianity teaches that when your body is dead something called the spirit or soul lives on, there's no good evidence for this of any kind. Everything about who you are is in your brain and consciousness is an emergent property of brain function near as we can tell... there is nothing to suggest the existence of a soul or that it could continue after bodily and brain death.

I was a bit surprised you said produced, which I assumed, wrongly, that meant it was made from thin air. Thank you for clarifying, makes sense now, sorry (perhaps I should use the dictionary more often). So what you are saying is that there is no scientific (or other) evidence for a soul, and our thoughts are caused simply (or actually very complicatedly) by chemical reactions. Once those chemical reactions finish, we die, and no longer exist. I believe, as a Christian, that every person has a soul, and the soul does not die when your earthly body dies.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

No, I am, and I've been God/god for several years now. I would mind it if you stopped spreading such heresy and got me fancy nachos and some variety of carbonated alcohol so I can watch me some teevee.

I had been wondering where the other pieces of me were scattered. Carry on!..aside from the TV thing;

I wouldn't mind if you threw the television out the window. God sitting at the alter of the False Idol is rather disturbing to God.
edit on 5-1-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: had to point out humourous grammatical error

<< 2  3  4   >>

join