learn more

Request for Evidence Against God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

That's funny, I've known several Christians who've died and I know there are millions of others... In fact all Christians will die... So where's this eternal life thing? Oh yeah, that's right, its a "spiritual" eternity for which there isn't a shred of evidence.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi im just going to throw one out here and say although there is no historical proof (i can find) of God/Jesus, plently of archeological proof has been found to support the bible.

For instance -

Noah's Ark has been found exactly where the Bible says it came to rest. i know the koran states this also but cant be counted, as historical proof states the koran was writtin thousands of years after the REAL bible.

The walls of Jericho

and many others.

also a previous post in this thread states that religion is full of pedo's and killer's! can i just point out that most people who dont believe in god will use this same lame excuse, if you belive in god then most people would also believe in satan who corrupts our church to make the weak minded leave comments like that and stay away from church.

Evolution - in my opinion is BS, how can anyone believe that a whole planet or set of planets actually came about through a big bang? then to top it of bits of dust and particles and stuff mixed together to create a monkey that then evolved into us. lmfao, some people are just funny

anyway thats my two pennies worth..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I think science says something about energy.. Cant be destroyed or created.. We are made up of energy, at least thats what science says, no? Why is it so preposterous that through historical human perspective, such things were viewed in the context of "eternal life?" Even the thought that energy can only be converted from one form to another would support this. Im not sure why this would be so out of the realm of possibility. "Science" gives us the means for it to happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

Is anyone here familiar with the work of Jordan Maxwell? This clip pretty much sums it all up, how most religions trace back to the sun (not son of god, Sun of god). Give it a watch for a minute, if nothing else...

www.youtube.com...

In the words of George Carlin,

"When it comes to BS, big-time, major league BS, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims... Religion. Religion has actually convinced people, that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!....
...But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise... somehow- just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good BS story. Holy S***!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am God/god. I exist. Stop pestering me. Go on and waste your little lives thinking I give any sort of # about your squabbling and inefficiency at running my once beautiful little pearl. I have discovered bigger and better things since your creation and would appreciate it if you stopped acting like ingrates and started co-operating, and removing the evil that is consuming all of your souls.

Sincerely,

THe Man.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Our bodies produce energy via chemical reactions. When you die the reactions stop the energy stops being produced, any residual energy dissipates (into the surrounding tissue, air, etc). Translation - science is pretty sure that when you're dead you're DEAD. Even if everything in science wasn't telling us there's no afterlife there is still the complete lack of evidence in favor of afterlives.

This whole "energy" thing you're talking about is new age pseudoscience.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I wasnt talking about a "soul" or anything like that.

This idea is pseudo-science? What are your thoughts on e=mc2? Im interested to know your perspective on that equation.
edit on 4-1-2011 by sinohptik because: made even less inflammatory!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

When you die the reactions stop the energy stops being produced, any residual energy dissipates (into the surrounding tissue, air, etc).

Wait a second, energy can not be created (so it isnt "produced"). Energy can not be destroyed (so it cant just "dissipate"). Could you clarify? I am guessing i am completely misunderstanding what you are trying to say
edit on 4-1-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Our bodies produce energy via chemical reactions. When you die the reactions stop the energy stops being produced, any residual energy dissipates (into the surrounding tissue, air, etc). Translation - science is pretty sure that when you're dead you're DEAD. Even if everything in science wasn't telling us there's no afterlife there is still the complete lack of evidence in favor of afterlives.

This whole "energy" thing you're talking about is new age pseudoscience.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

I see you have marked yourself for death, Mortal.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There is a huge difference between believing that God is a good thing and religion is a good thing.

I can't argue too much about the latter but the former is easy:
- Your God is omnipotent [all powerful] and omniscient [all knowing -both past and future]
- By planting Jesus in the earth at the time and then Mohammed at a later time, He knew exactly what was going to happen - He knew the strife, the wars and the tension that this would cause. He knew how man would behave and take this,. He is omniscient [otherwise He is not God]
- Let's be honest about this -how many people in the 1990s did Pope John Paul kill by banning condoms in Africa? He knew that this was going to happen.

- In the wider scheme of things, He acted has like the mischeavious child wanting to stir trouble.

Well I don't play with these kids as they are inevitably evil.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Ah but maybe He was not all seeing and not all knowing - so what is this God that you worship?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Please first prove that God exists, in a manner that is reproducible by independent inquiry. Then we will have a starting point to argue the negative viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The burden of proof always lies with the believer,not the other way around. That the non-believer should provide proof is simply a convenient way of deflecting the issue to cover up the fact that the church and it's believers cannot conjure up any credible evidence to support it's own claims.

Just like on ATS,if I believe something absurd,vague,or highly dubious in nature to be true,then members will question me and I will forced to have to convince them with compelling evidence. I cannot simply say,'prove me wrong' without first having brought a solid,tangible argument to the table. Use of circular arguments,murky half-baked truths and contradicting ideas doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This request is for Anti-Theists to fulfill, as they are the ones not only making a statement that God does not exist, but that there should be no religion.

Well you've started off from a place of pure ignorance few anti theists nor atheists state that there is no god merely that they do not believe that there is through sheer lack of evidence.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Lets start with the panentheistic perspective of god. Thats the most fun anyway

the idea of god being the sum of all parts, and all parts themselves (from my perspective of that particular "eism").

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Your God is omnipotent [all powerful] and omniscient [all knowing -both past and future]

The Yahweh/jesus gog of the bible positively cannot be omniscient it says so right there in the bibles

Genesis 3:9 3:10 3:11 3:12 and that's just for starters the dude hasn't got a clue

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Have you never seen a parent question their child in a similar manner when they have done something "bad," even when it was blatantly obvious they had done so? the image of a two year old with ice cream smeared all over her face comes to mind.

"Did you eat any ice cream, dear?"

Just because one asks a question doesnt mean one does not already know the answer, in any context. There are, however, things that will support your claim. just not that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i cant say it better than the way you said it. AMEN to that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

True spiritual knowledge being how to develop your own spirit as opposed to listening to a so called "man of God" tell you stories from the bible which may have some moral value but little spiritual worth.... IF they were truely men of God they would know better then useing their postion of power to take advantage of children...Wouldn't you think?

You're missing the point, where do you think that money goes....in some cases its used in good ways, but in many they pastor / minister takes it for himself....especially these bloody evangelists...most time the "minister" has rock star status, driving a benz, wareing expensive suits, sporting gold rings, chains etc etc

They rewrote the book to further their own agendas, it had nothing to do with God or spirituality which is what all aspects of religion are about. Greedy men that wanted to perpetuate they're own power...

Don't change my words around, i said "in the Name of God"....read your history

Personally i don't call myself anything, i don't consider myself anything except a spiritual person....As a matter of fact i had to look up the word "Theism" before i could answer another poster who asked me if im a theist.

I don't feel the need to put a name to what i believe, but if you must...again i would say spiritualist.

What you are saying is that religion is listening to a man of God. What I meant by the term religion was theism, the belief in a God.

I think you are missing my point, you do not need to go to church or belong to a church to believe in a God.

What you mean makes sense to me now completely, thank you. I now understand your point and need to research it, however I am unsure how they could have modified it to say anything they can benefit from.

Well if it is "in the name of God" you have less reason (I think), because in that case religion did not really cause it, the perpetrator is only using religion, getting rid off religion will not get rid off the problem, they will do their horrible acts in the name of something else.

No I don't need to call you anything, but I do want to know your opinion about this issue, and to me it seams like you are just against all actual religion, and prefer spirituality (I will need to look that up to see what that belief is).

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Actually, we are made up of matter in chemical reaction. Now, we utilize energy for our function, but we aren't made of it...unless you're talking in the most basic sense of matter also being a form of energy, but that's sort of...there.

Anyway, there's nothing to show that there's any intrinsic 'self' tied to some sort of energy, like the concept of the soul.

We must not be luminous beings, we're simply this crude matter that our bodies are made up of. (Guess the reference, win...um...a star.)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

No, I am, and I've been God/god for several years now. I would mind it if you stopped spreading such heresy and got me fancy nachos and some variety of carbonated alcohol so I can watch me some teevee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join