It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US offers Australia flood aid, condolences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Ok I love all my Aussie peeps but I am tired of the US helping everyone else but their own people who really need it right now. Many are homeless, losing their jobs and homes...Basically they are loosing everything and it wasn't taken by natural disaster it was taken by greedy CEO's and govt officials who just want to line their own pockets more. When the US offers aid to anyone in a disaster time it reminds me of how celebs offer money to charities when there is a disaster. It's for publicity and to say "hey look we are offering, look how good we are forget all the bad stuff we have done" It's all BS. Sorry I say help youself before you help others. We sent all that money to Haiti and where did it get those people? NOWHERE!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You know whats really strange ,How countries like Australia send lots of dollars and support to countries that have disasters ,and then spend a fraction of that support on their own people.Why is that?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Tell me I'm wrong wally..

Who friggn cares, is it going to stop me going to work tommorow. is going to stop me loving and caring for my family/ mates fellow country man in need, hell no

You are wrong, pine gap is the tip of the iceburg, you can see it, its what you cant see is the problem

Wal

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

You are wrong, pine gap is the tip of the iceburg, you can see it, its what you cant see is the problem

lol, only an aussie could tell me I'm wrong while actually agreeing with me..

Then we argue, then we share a cold beer..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by backinblack
So what "assistance" is the US offering..??
I just see words..

BTW, luckily there were very few deaths caused by the flood..
I've only heard of one..

Edit: We don't need US troops on Aussie soil BTW, as with Haiti..
edit on 4-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Are you mad? IT HAS JUST BEGUN ! they say more floods will come...

Sure, YOU dont need anything, bugger the poor sods who are now trapped unable to go anywhere.

Blimey...

If you check the records...in 54 and again in 74 there were major floods from Townsville right down to Manly in Sydney of the same and larger sizes than this one and they occred during a similar ElNina cycle...the houses stilted all around Rocky are reminders of those floods and their heights.....people laughed it off as a once off..not knowing about the cylical nature of rain patterns..not listening...they laughed at the koories and old stockhands and guys who warned councils not to build in low areas...so they kind of have no one to 'blame' here...its not global warming or the end of the world...its just ElNina.

Its 100 million times worse for Australia if these floods dont happen..and the bores and aquifiers dont get this refill after years of pilfering from them....cropping and farming cattle out back would be impossible without this top up..so this is mother natures way of stocking up..helping out..even if its hard short term...its something to be grateful for longer term as it means continued self sufficency for outback areas dependant on those bores.

People died in these floods because they were, most of them, doing stupid things...its sux and is sad..but its the truth. The flooding didnt kill them, they chose their actions...chose to ignore SES and police..and no one is responsible for that but them.

Rosha

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

lol, only an aussie could tell me I'm wrong while actually agreeing with me..

How did you come to that conclusion again? Pine Gap is over 35 years old, you really think if something serious was happening there the people of Alice wouldnt of said so, Its all hearsay, i saw that, i saw this, show me the proof backinblack,

What i ment by tip of the iceburg is eggsactely that

Wal

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As a US citizen, I am happy our administration at least offered aid to Australia. At this time, I have no idea how to help (I know, send money), but it is more important to me that we will help those who have been friends and allies to us than to look good in the eyes of the third world. I know the people in Haiti need help, the whole world needs help. However, Australia, her troops, her people have shared pain and made sacrifices with the USA in so many ways, and I appreciate that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join