It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitating Girl in woods ...Russia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I don't know if the video is real or not and I'm not expert enough to analyse it for signs of tampering that would indicate a hoax but it is important to ASSUME that something like this has been cleverly faked until convincing evidence to the contrary comes to light.
I am however more inclined to give this serious consideration than a lot of the ridiculous alien and UFO videos that are posted on here as I have known several people, including my elder sister - who I do not consider to be predisopsed to lying or particularly credulous indiviuals, that claim they were able to levitate to some degree for a short period during their child hood but eventually lost the ability.
There was a thread recently on ATS about it and I was intrigued to read that, as was the case with my sister, for several people this ability was associated with stairs. She always claimed (and even now as an adult does) that she would put one hand on the bannister and the rest of her body would rise off the ground into the air and she could then fly down the stairs. Apparently she was only able to do this when she was very young and always felt like it was something she would get into trouble for if people saw her doing it, eventually she lost the ability and spent months trying to do it again before taking one last flight and losing the talent forever.
I can also remember 'diving' from the top of the same set of stairs and 'gliding' down them a couple of feet in the air.
I know I should assume that these are just the fantasies of children but from the same age I can clearly remember and distinguish between events that were real, imaginary games we would play in the woods behind our house and dreams and having heard such similar stories from other people I just can't completely convince myself that there is definately no reality to stories of children levitating.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by doubledutch

Right because we all carry around a super high definition cinema camera and a tripod with us...

Sorry you missed my point. As I stated earlier Im not saying this isnt possible, Im open enough to think almost anything is possible. I also work in this area ish for over 10 years and have seen many many really good viral ads/promo pieces that look genuine. My point is that it's not that difficult to make something that looks real if you know what your doing, and these are always shot on low res cameras because it's easier to hide the harness etc and if it was shot on hd it would lack credibility, as you stated, we all go walking our dogs with hd kit (not).

(actually I have hd on my phone as do loads of people, and a lot of small cameras now shoot on hd also.)

Anyway it's either the real deal, which is awesome and I'd like nothing more, or it's a clever piece of marketing, which sadly I think this is - surely the whole point of this thread is to discuss this...im just giving my educated point of view...in fact you will notice that some of the people who are chipping in here to give their opinions have experience in this area, a mountineer, a really good debunk earlier with 3 or 4 vids etc etc, again the whole point is to debate this right?

peace

edit on 5-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by doubledutch because: i cant spell for toffee

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Besides that you don't see her "land"...the close-up portion of the video looked to me like she is laying on the tree branches. Her legs appear to lay across a few large branches almost like she is reaching for something, and her torso (or arms) are touching other branches.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Fake. Even if it is true it was some sort of environmental/magnetic/physics phenomenon that is so rare that it is almost unspeakable, like perfect time perfect place type deal. I do not believe in the supernatural nor will I ever. This video does not shake me one bit even if it did happen because science's supernatural back me up 100% as stated above and as with most "supernatural" occurrences worldwide. Including the reoccurring "Venus is Nibiru" uninformed funny people posts. Awesome if true, but don't try and scare people with some damn Blair Witch Project-ish propaganda. I am 75% sure this is fake. Help get this and other posts like this off the front page of ATS and let us talk about some real problems and happenings.

edit on 12/25/2010 by pa.Frost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
7 pages... 33 flags. Jesus people. You cannot Levitate. There is not proof of any substance that levitation is possible. You cannot channel "energy" (whatever none-scientific nonesense definition the stupid hippies are using here) to switch off gravitational pull, or counter it enough to shift off the ground. Its just not possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
One thing I noticed is the mother and girl never look in the direction of the camera. Most folks if surprised would immediately look in the direction they hear noise and if not wanting to be discovered levitating immediately stop it. They had to hear him calling his dog. So it appears to be staged to me.

That is the best concern I have seen thus far, but still reading the thread. Not only that, but they don't seem to acknowledge a barking dog running toward them? Who wouldn't at least look in the direction of a daog running toward them barking?

That said...I have to watch the tape again...but what happened to the dog? He runs off to the right toward them and then the camera man follows and we don't see the dog again?

Edit to add: And yes...I slowed the footage ..we never see her come down, it goes from elevation to her mom holding her on the ground.

AND...as with all footage of this type...where is the rest of it? He had the video going...why stop the minute they turn to run away? Why immediately scramble to hit the "stop" button?
edit on 5-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Manolete

One who states in terms of absolutes is a fool.

Your experience leads you to believe that levitation is not likely, you cannot state with any degree of certainty that it is abjectively not possible, to do so makes you look the part stated above.

As far as the video goes, I am inclined to think hoax only because there seems to be a point of suspension around the middle of her back where she is arched to look like she is floating.

The video from Africa is similar, he appears to be suspended from a point on the middle back and the second camera never shows his back. It is edited to NOT show his back even though it shows every other part of him.

A form of levitation is absolutely possible from my experience because when I was nine playing light as a feather and stiff as a board I experienced it until I started laughing and fell three feet to the floor.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
fake - too convenient the camera shakes the moment girl is back on the ground again/

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manolete
7 pages... 33 flags. Jesus people. You cannot Levitate. There is not proof of any substance that levitation is possible.

Super conductors? Magnets?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Look at the way the little girl is hanging. Looks awkward, like there is a body harness under her coat.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pa.FrostI do not believe in the supernatural nor will I ever.

Originally posted by pa.Frost
I am 75% sure this is fake.

Make up your mind

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I have to agree, this looks fake. The reaction of the people don't coincide with human behavior. The dog is running around and no one there is startled. Some one brought the idea of them being in a trance or in deep concentration. I don't believe that to be the case... The problem with assuming is that anything goes... i.e. Perhaps they are deaf, that would indicate why they never heard the dog walking around them or the guy calling for his dog or walking in the woods etc, etc...
Next you make a great discovery and rather then going to a respectable source of legitimate information it is posted in youtube a great source for both information as well as misinformation. Most if not all of the strange and unusual youtube videos have been debunked. Both in ATS and youtube itself.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I would say that this film is not proof of human levitation. It doesn't disprove it either. It has to many problems for me to believe it. That being said it is only a non-video expert opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's a pretty interesting video that for sure....

But here's my turn on it.

The woman and flying girl obviously try to hide when the camera starts filming them.....

But the guy his yelling at his dog and was clearly in the woods long before he saw the girl.

Seem to me that if the flying girl didn't want to be seen, they would have moved out of there as soon as they heard the dog, not 30 sec later making sure that the guy saw her.

Plus the quality is so bad that she could easily be lifted up by a cable and we wouldn't even see it.

I wish it was true, but I don't believe it is.....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by Manolete
7 pages... 33 flags. Jesus people. You cannot Levitate. There is not proof of any substance that levitation is possible.

Super conductors? Magnets?

Yes yes yes. I overlooked the industrial methods. I mean we have Maglev trains around the world. Magnetic levitation is one thing. Tiny frogs levitating in a test tube is one thing. A random little girl floating around the woods is a different kettle of fish.

This couple could be immigrants who work for a circus, Their 'Levitating sketchy daughter' act involves the mother having to wear a near invisible but beasting-strong framework inside her brightly coloured Berghaus jacket and the daughter can hang off this thing (kids are strong at that age, I used to be able to jump out of trees uninjured) so its all possible.

Widespread floaty people is not a well documented occurance. Infact it seems to have died out at roughly the same time as video cameras and conventional cameras became more common. Now its a rare thing indeed outside of David Copperfield and that other tedious magician David Blaine.

"Yogi" Subbayah Pullavar even needed a sturdy looking sheet touching the ground at all times to levitate, no doubt concealing a well designed contraption.

This whole video is a little too wooden, like all those fakey youtube videos that surface. We don't see enough clear shots of the girl. Why would he stay hidden? I would go striding out there and ask them about their stuff not hide them and always have a few bits of plant in the foreground (presumably to give the vid some kudos, "look, if it has foregroundy stuff it cannot be fake, its difficult to fake foregroundy stuff, just ask Billy Meier").

The truth will out.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Only in North America people stopped believing in "magic"... not because their more "logical", but because their thought (brainwashed) to only focus on logic and disconnect their logic from their emotions/intuition. Sadly this has been happening for decades, the argument I get is that it's because we're more advanced (logical) then the rest of the world... sadly that's just an illusion. If it were true materialism and ego would not exist, yet the most diluted and feared people live in North America. This was designed by the elites many decades ago, simply to mass control the populace.

Levitation is REAL, when I was a child back home (middle east) we used to always see people in their private homes levitate, practice magic, UFOs and some bizarre events that it's just too hard to explain. These practices are old... very old and have been passed down through generations. For instance Iran has one of the oldest cultures in the world, meaning that many people still practice very old cultures. The reason you don't hear about it on the media (a side the fact that media is absolutely controlled) is because all these events are norm for majority.

I recall in our psychology class in University our professor would host a meditation event every month after class was over. There were some gurus that have been doing deep trance meditation for decades. I decided to stick around for one and just watch... about 10-15 people were there. After about 45 min. I saw the first person levitate (3-4 feet off the ground) he hovered in the same spot (with very slow motion of moving left/right as he was sliding on a slippery surface) for over an hour! Then i saw another 2 people levitate mostly they were all about few feets off the ground. However at one point one of the older guys, levitated up 5-6 feet off the ground... yes I was shocked... so I wondered off around the side and back of them to see if i can see any wires or anything... there just was nothing...

keep in mind this was not a show, this was a very humble practice of meditation between a handful of people. So yes these things happen all around the world, yet we are told NOT to believe in anything that is so called "magical" only believe in what you can hit with a hammer.

Open your mind... you weren't born with just "logic" you were also born with "emotions and intuitions". Learn to practice those mussels in your body, you'll be surprised what you can learn about yourself and the universe.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice her hood was also being pulled upwards. I'm gonna go ahead and call camera trickery on this. I can produce the same thing in my back yard with no budget.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In soviet russia ..... ?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
Only in North America people stopped believing in "magic"... not because their more "logical", but because their thought (brainwashed) to only focus on logic and disconnect their logic from their emotions/intuition. Sadly this has been happening for decades, the argument I get is that it's because we're more advanced (logical) then the rest of the world... sadly that's just an illusion. If it were true materialism and ego would not exist, yet the most diluted and feared people live in North America. This was designed by the elites many decades ago, simply to mass control the populace.

Ha... Hahaha... AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAH. You couldn't be further from the truth actually. But judging from your obvious and immense bias towards North America I am not really surprised. I know far too many people (i live in canada by the way) in the states and canada that still believe in "magic". In fact, I know more Americans that do believe in magic than those that don't believe. In fact, how can two nations in which the vast majority of the population of both countries have a high christian percentage can not believe in magic? It's in their own sacred texts!!!! I can understand if you were referring to a country that has a very high Atheist/non-religious population, but you aren't.

Originally posted by freighttrainLevitation is REAL, when I was a child back home (middle east) we used to always see people in their private homes levitate, practice magic, UFOs and some bizarre events that it's just too hard to explain. These practices are old... very old and have been passed down through generations. For instance Iran has one of the oldest cultures in the world, meaning that many people still practice very old cultures. The reason you don't hear about it on the media (a side the fact that media is absolutely controlled) is because all these events are norm for majority.

You see, what you don't understand is that it's not the people who claim to be "advanced and logical" who dismiss magic, it's people like me, and a whole lot of other people on this board (who reside all over the world, mind you) who are skeptics. Skeptics say "prove to me that this claim of yours is true, otherwise there is no reason for me to believe it". This video on this topic is far from proof. There's no testing, there's no retesting, there's no facts, there's just an image of a girl who appears to be floating. and in this day and age, anyone with a video camera and a half decent editing program can produce this exact same footage.

Now, What should leave me to believe this is raw, truthful footage? at the moment, nothing. Am i dismissing levitation completely? no. Am I saying magic doesn't exist? No. All I am saying is that this isn't proof, this is easy to reproduce, there for there is no intensive to believe this to be actual magic.

You can say that you've seen all of these events and for all I know your telling the truth. But, you are speaking though what you saw, not what actually has happened. You've never sited anything, there were no tests run, there was no confirmation and there for there is no actual evidence of your claims being factual. There for I have no reason to actually believe you and simply take you for your word until you produce some evidence.

In fact I dare you to accumulate this "normal" events and make a topic on this forum to persuade us skeptics to accept your claims. After all it shouldn't be too difficult seeing as this apparently happens all the time.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Well first off... just because religion is so huge in North America that doesn't mean majority of people are "open minded" and consider "magic" to be part of a normal life process. Religion in it's core as it is presented to us in the last few decades have done nothing but create "fear". They use the concept of "magic" to create "fear". So this will not help open peoples mind to possibility of magic. In fact it creates fear of "magic" and so people naturally will be much more closed minded to things such as aliens, UFO, ESP, etc...

To enforce this, the so called elites have created an educational system that is most rewarded when you are using logic... not emotions. For instances for me to be successful in school, I have be able to "compete" against others, and be able to learn to repeat many things I've been told to remember, practicing logic. I do not get rewarded to use my "intuitions or emotions". look around you, do you see how many artists, musicians are jobless and can barely make it through this financial system?!

Secondly, you brought up the point of "evidence". I will never try to prove anything to you or anyone else... it is your job to find the truth! Now if your definition of truth is to find evidence that you can smash with a hammer, then that's your method... my method is to use my intuition and so called "gut feeling" to make a decision in life. This has been very, very rewarding to me over my entire life. So it works for me... "evidence' is a tricky thing.... science has been more wrong then right in the past... so to use a faulty tool such as science to establish what is and isn't, we're limiting our selves and boxing in our development as a human race.

To make the best possible decision in life, we need to use "logic, emotions and intuitions" everything that make us a human being, not just one area. Again, I'm not going to try to convince you that this video is legit or not, i don't know that. But what I am telling you is that, there are many thing like this event or others like Chi that can not be explained nor dismissed, yet are happening all around the world and have been in many closed door rooms for the past thousand years.

We have learned to forget these as we evolve, not by choice but by the system put in front of us! We have been brain washed to think... act a certain way and have lost our ways of being. We weren't meant to be some rats in a maze, we were meant to be explorers of our consciousness.

If we limit ourselves to see the world in ONE way, then the world will only be in that way... if we see the world in it's "potential" then we will be living in that world. Open your eyes and you'll see things that you missed, and it could have been sitting right there in front of you!

edit on 5-1-2011 by freighttrain because: spelling/grammar

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join